Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CelestialSwan

Texas Battle

13 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles

This is by far the best battle I have had in the Texas. 20190622124721_1.thumb.jpg.6e5fac8c8ac54754e604f105d9e3df35.jpg20190622124709_1.thumb.jpg.2b7b415c68c6c72d6db865ce76182b54.jpg20190622124728_1.thumb.jpg.a72daf67ccc2b070ba4498e60ac5cd1f.jpg20190622124736_1.thumb.jpg.4a393ab27c7541e469b0551b421a5545.jpg20190622124741_1.thumb.jpg.6c0ef5dae7a4e7089fb4f272626a86f8.jpg

Edited by Night_Sage
  • Cool 3

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles
8 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

There’s a yellow rose in Texas...

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
8 minutes ago, Night_Sage said:

I have no idea what you mean by this.

It's kinda a running gag for people to reference this song when someone does well in Texas

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles
1 hour ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

It's kinda a running gag for people to reference this song when someone does well in Texas

OH MY GOSH, THIS SONG IS AWESOME!

[LLF]
Beta Testers
411 posts

Yup I love my great state and our old lady BB-35. Glad you like the song and ship.

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles

20190622_122816_PASB705-Texas-1944_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay <--- BTW there's the Replay for that battle, if you wish to view it yourself

20190622_133541_PASB705-Texas-1944_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay<--- I forgot to take screenshots of the post battle screens, for this one. THIS WAS CLOSE!

Everything started out fine, my team captured the North and Center Points. Enemy Captured South Point. But then things started taking a turn for the worst; as my team starts dying faster than the enemy does. But because we had two caps early on, it kept us in the running. It eventually came down to me versus three ships. 1 Battleship, cannot remember which one, 1 CV Langley, and 1 DD Minekaze. When this occured, I was already pushing south point, dealing with the Battleship, ready to start capping once he's dead. It also just so happened to be where the Langely was and I knew he could no long get away. so was fully prepared to charge the Langley. Minekaze captures North Point, don't know when that happened, But center point was still under my team's control when I took South Point. Center point started being captured, I knew the Minekaze was coming. Langely sending aircraft after me as quickly as he can, I shredded a lot of his planes. I pop my spotter aircraft (I prefer spotter over fighter, bite me), hoping it can get a bead on Langley's location, and it does. I ready my guns, AP loaded, HE ready to be loaded after I fire (Was hoping for easier citadels, didn't work out). I fire off AP, deal some damage. Fire off HE, no Citadels, and is now in a position I know I can't hit citadel, so I ready a switch back to AP after a second salvo of HE (since HE was already loading, no time to cancel order). HE fires, AP starts loading, Langley down to ~4k health. I looked at the reload timer, I look at the game timer, and I look at the flight time of the shells. This was going to be close, and required me to fire as soon as possible. If the CV lives after my next salvo (RNG could easily have said screw you), enemy team wins. I kill the CV, my team wins. I take the time, to compliment both Minekaze and Langley, their being alive is what made it come down to the wire. I fire the salvo, I watch the time. I get the kill shortly after the timer clicks to 0:01. My heart was pounding in excitement.

It is literally games like that, that make this game fun, not games that are completely onesided (regardless if I am on the winning team or not, onesided matches are not fun). Comes down to the wire, does RNG favor you or not? If you don't get the kill, you lose, but if you get the kill, you win.

Edited by Night_Sage

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles
17 minutes ago, Kuramitsu said:

Yup I love my great state and our old lady BB-35. Glad you like the song and ship.

I love battleships in general (though I have a bias towards USN Battleships, because I'm American), Born in the wrong time period, because I so wish to serve on a battleship.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles
2 minutes ago, LGBTQ_DatingApp said:

looks like a meh battle to me

Can you not read that I said "Best battle I have had in the Texas." Never claimed it to be the best battle ever.

Members
95 posts
403 battles
9 minutes ago, Night_Sage said:

Can you not read that I said "Best battle I have had in the Texas." Never claimed it to be the best battle ever.

Can you not read that this was a trolling attempt of me, don't get offended child, it ain't worth it.

• Boring 2

[NWNG]
Members
84 posts
675 battles
2 minutes ago, LGBTQ_DatingApp said:

Can you not read that this was a trolling attempt of me, don't get offended child, it ain't worth it.

considering the extreme difficulties it is to relay emotions and voice variations by means of text (unless you create a jumbled mess of very distracting font sizes and colors), I hope you can forgive me for not picking that up.

Sign in to follow this