You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

Can we make a rule that CVs can't reset the cap?

66 comments in this topic

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles

Seriously 10 minutes in the cap and we lost the game because wave after wave of unlimited rockets kept resetting the cap.  No red ships even in range of cap and we lose.  An up tired cruiser could not stop unlimited rocket planes.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 5
  • Confused 12
  • Boring 7
  • Angry 4

[PHASE]
Members
4,732 posts
16,143 battles

Better yet, can we get a rubber-band that bounces the idiots back to their spawn who try to cap in the first 6 minutes in a two CV game?

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Haha

No.

Sorry just frustrating our CV did not do that

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles
8 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Seriously 10 minutes in the cap and we lost the game because wave after wave of unlimited rockets kept resetting the cap.  No red ships even in range of cap and we lose.  An up tired cruiser could not stop unlimited rocket planes.

I'm still trying to figure out where these CV pilots are getting these unlimited planes from because when ever I play them there are times I need to wait for some more to get ready.

• Cool 7
  • Confused 2

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles

Just so everyone is on the same page, here are the latest numbers for base defense (resetting the cap).  CVs are absolutely running wild in this category (among others).  High tiers, NA server.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190615/na_week/average_class.html

High Tier
Base
Defense
BB 4.62
CA 7.22
CV 12.21
DD 5.80

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SIM]
Members
3,841 posts
6,404 battles

Nope, you’re just going to have to deal with the fact that you can’t ninja a cap while a CV is present. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,712 posts
22,016 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Nope, you’re just going to have to deal with the fact that you can’t ninja a cap while a CV is present. 

^This!  100000% this!!!

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Ninja a cap there was a c v a b b and a cruiser in there for 10 minutes.  Each wave of rockets that came I thought would be the last but they kept coming and coming he never ran out.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,501 posts
8,765 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

What about when you win one flank decisively so you sweep into the enemy base with four ships while the surviving red ships are way far away on the other flank, and the red CV single-handedly keeps the cap reset and wears down the ships in it long enough for the red team to come back and win?

That was a frustrating game.

• Funny 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,075 posts
17,206 battles

@SJ_Sailer just play CV yourself with your personal rule to never reset a cap.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,752 posts
18,180 battles

Yes!  Another proposed CV nerf....

1.  Shouldn't be able to strafe... Check

2.  Shouldn't be able to spot torps for team... Check

3.  Shouldn't use fighters as a viable spotter for team... Check

4.  Shouldn't have the alpha to dev strike like any other platform...  Check

5.  Shouldn't be able to defend CAP...

6.  Should have unlimited gas removed...

Honestly all, I have stopped playing CVs so the hatred has worked.  Thing is, most CV players would have been happy to compromise on some of the above as well as other rework data.

Problem is, nobody agrees what the CV should do anymore.  CVs trying to use their strengths get called out by their team for not spotting, not flying their only planes around the map to drop fighters on some idiot YOLOing and getting punished, for not taking out a DD.  The same people who have pushed for the nerfs that limit team play are the most toxic when you can't perform with those expectations.

My CVs are in port.  I know many of you rejoice...  It's just a shame things were handled as they were.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[PHASE]
Members
4,732 posts
16,143 battles
22 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Or cap a base, or spot a crusier, or get close enough to torp, or ever shoot your guns, or wonder why you even play dd, wonder about making a wish sandwich, a wish sandwich you ask? Bow Bow Bow

• Boring 4

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
16 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

What about when you win one flank decisively so you sweep into the enemy base with four ships while the surviving red ships are way far away on the other flank, and the red CV single-handedly keeps the cap reset and wears down the ships in it long enough for the red team to come back and win?

That was a frustrating game.

Exactly what happened to me 4 ships in the cap I was the first taken out the other three survived but not before the other team took the cap.  To be fair if our CV had reset their cap we probably would have won but our CV was only interested in bombing lone BB's out in the far corner.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,853 posts
4,057 battles

Another case where coming to the forums to whine every other day is far easier than understanding what a CV actually can and can't do and adjusting their play.  Seems to be a consistent theme with this poster.  .

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PHASE]
Members
4,732 posts
16,143 battles
4 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Exactly what happened to me 4 ships in the cap I was the first taken out the other three survived but not before the other team took the cap.  To be fair if our CV had reset their cap we probably would have won but our CV was only interested in bombing lone BB's out in the far corner.

Every standard game that I am not chat banned I say at the beginning, just defend early let them over extend.... after about 5 minutes, as 6 ships hit the A line and 5 hit the J line I say..... Guys, its capture the base, not get as far from both as possible. At about the 14 minute mark, I tell them .......................I told you so as we lose again....and get -2 karma.

• Boring 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles
58 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I'm still trying to figure out where these CV pilots are getting these unlimited planes from because when ever I play them there are times I need to wait for some more to get ready.

You're taking too many planes with you on your attacks, send at LEAST the first attack back to ship right after take-off (unless you KNOW you can use all the strikes without any losses) and you'll have planes for the end of the game.

• Cool 1

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
11 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Another case where coming to the forums to whine every other day is far easier than understanding what a CV actually can and can't do and adjusting their play.  Seems to be a consistent theme with this poster.  .

Only suggesting a rule change that might make the game far more enjoyable for 90% of the player base

• Cool 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[WORX]
Members
5,037 posts
15,593 battles

This is more of the case of WG destroying surface ship's DEFAA to appease sky cancer.

Working as intended conrad OP...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
7 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Only suggesting a rule change that might make the game far more enjoyable for 90% of the player base

So because your team bbs dont shoot you sugest the enemy bbs could not shoot too?

• Boring 1

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

Perhaps next time you'll be prepared for such a thing and take it into consideration?  Interesting thing happens when there's a red CV -- it comes with a green one too.  People only seem to have a problem with something when it doesn't work out in their favor.  If your CV is resetting their cap attempts, you'd be rather happy.  The point is after all to win the match.

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,872 posts
9,526 battles
2 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Gonna need a rule that no ship can reset cap then.

Also, change your sector to be opposite the incoming aircraft so the CV's hitting F key has the planes in your buffed AA. Done this a few times with devastating damage 100% of the time. The serious AA damage means CV loses a few more planes no matter what he does--and in this circumstance, it makes a difference in deterring him unless he's determined.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,603 posts
6,236 battles
2 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

So you sat in a cap for 10 minutes and never once thought of trying something else when that wasn’t working?  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Gonna need a rule that no ship can reset cap then.

I am good with that.

• Confused 1