You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Prkl8r

Wait, so they will nerf premiums?

67 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,691 battles

Per Notser's latest video they are giving all Tier 7+ RN BBs above the water citadels and he explicitly indicates this includes DoY.

I guess they consider this a "broad" gameplay change rather than a targeted change but that's still Oof.

Also even if they buff the RN BB heal's, I still feel like giving an above the water Cit to ships with no armor and extremely low HP that already eats tons of damage is not a good idea unless they also increase their total HP to something closer to the other lines.

That's just my opinion without having tried the post change version though.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

Guess they are going to try again, claiming it's a global change because it's the entire line.

It won't go over any better than last time....:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles

To be fair, it's the Duke of Yuck so I'm guessing they're hoping not to many people will notice or care. Plus, the situation with the GC was a little different since it had been advertised as part of the Christmas Special, meaning it was likely people had spent a decent chunk of money trying to get it and they'd be less than enthused about losing that investment. Basically, it was the predatory sales tactic combined with nerfing a premium that set some people off.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,752 posts
18,180 battles

It's not like anyone plays DoY.

• Funny 1

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles
Just now, Warped_1 said:

It's not like anyone plays DoY.

Not entirely true, but it is very much inferior to the KGV. The one advantage it has is improved auto-bounce angles, which I believe are a holdover from when they tried to make it more cruiser-like.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
3,704 posts
15,408 battles
10 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

Per Notser's latest video they are giving all Tier 7+ RN BBs above the water citadels and he explicitly indicates this includes DoY.

I guess they consider this a "broad" gameplay change rather than a targeted change but that's still Oof.

Also even if they buff the RN BB heal's, I still feel like giving an above the water Cit to ships with no armor and extremely low HP that already eats tons of damage is not a good idea unless they also increase their total HP to something closer to the other lines.

Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events … 

Your premiums have already been globally nerfed several times over - and then some o7

Now, you've been "balanced" - buy More!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,752 posts
18,180 battles
Just now, JediMasterDraco said:

Not entirely true, but it is very much inferior to the KGV. The one advantage it has is improved auto-bounce angles, which I believe are a holdover from when they tried to make it more cruiser-like.

I also think it has marginally better AA for what its worth.  I mean, she isn't the worst ship in game, but just kinda boring.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,539 posts
5,969 battles

It's a buff with all the heal changes unless the person using DoY is a moron.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,691 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

It's a buff with all the heal changes unless the person using DoY is a moron.

I mean I haven't played the test version so if you have, than you obviously have more insight than I do.

But it seems to me that if you can get citadeled in a ship with such low HP, the extra heal doesn't really make up for that.

Even somebody that knows how to angle can get citadeled if their flanks collapse so saying it wont effect people that know how to angle is a false statement.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
854 posts
4,495 battles

Shocking, WG is side stepping the backlash they got last time and just going around it....... Another reason to not spend money here...among many -_-

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,148 posts
9,473 battles
41 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Guess they are going to try again, claiming it's a global change because it's the entire line.

thats where youre wrong, nobody cares about the Duke of York, people cared about the Guilio Cesare, and DoY was a free premium for a Christmas campaign in game, so the "its not what i bought" excuse doesnt work here

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
41 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Well they didi a global nerf in premium cvs and no one care... oh wait, was in cvs.

Members
1,016 posts
19,150 battles

Every time a player gives WG money (for anything: boxes, boats, prem time, etc.) they are telling WG they like CV play and don't mind nerfing premiums. WG does what it does because enough of the players endorse WG's actions with payments.

...hence, my signature:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,691 battles
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

thats where youre wrong, nobody cares about the Duke of York, people cared about the Guilio Cesare, and DoY was a free premium for a Christmas campaign in game, so the "its not what i bought" excuse doesnt work here

Except that they also sold it for money as well, and have several times since the event.

Alpha Tester
1,339 posts
11,120 battles

It's more like the toxic player base demands better and better ships to buy which at this point has begun being detrimental to the games health. Wg has realised this and are fixing the problem. This is why there is so much NDA around new ships. As well it's why we got the Massachusetts/Alabama mess. People wined and complained, so now wg was forced to change Massachusetts into something she isn't just to set her apart from the Alabama. We as players are just as important to the games health as much as WG is.

• Cool 6

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles
58 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

Hmmh....TODAY....run a DoY against a Sinop and see who wins 90% of the time.  16 vs 14.  Overpen vs Tink Tink.  

Edit:  It's a nerfed KGV....lower DPM....very poor rudder.  Its AA buff and hydro don't come close to making up for the nerfs.  I run it for flavor, as an average (below average T7?).

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,261 posts

The DOY is the only Battleship that can mount the Hydro Upgrade Module.

It's not documented.

DOY_Hydro_1.jpg

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles

As a person that has almost every Premium ship and well, tech tree also. I expect that Premium ships will be changed, if it is deemed that they are under or over powered. If they are nerfed or buffed does not matter to me and I feel no loss of value for anything I spent getting the ship, be it Cash or my valuable time. WG tries to balance ships because this is a game that is supposed to be enjoyed by people that play for free and spend money on the game alike. I am probably in the upper 90 percentile of the spenders and I don't think because I spent money that I deserve a better ship than can be had by the tech tree. I don't believe that any ships should be taken out of circulation ever. If it was sold to the general population, it should be available to the general population continuously. I think that WG should be able to adjust these ships if it is necessary. Bring back the Missouri, the Belfast, the Gremy, etc... if you put these ships into the general populous and more players have them they probably won't perform as good. Some game mechanic changes have actually rendered some of the supposed OP ships, sterile already. There would be more balance in the game, if the teams worked together better, alas, half of the players are playing an individual game, that happens to be split into teams. The team that wins, is the team that has more players working together, RNG can mess with that, but in general it's true. Some ships are better than others, a true statement to be sure, if a paid for ship, or a freely given grind for ship such as The Duke of York is adjusted why does it always have to be a controversy?

Just a thought,  if WG closed it's doors today, do you think you would get any money that you spent on the game back? Then, don't feel so cheated when they make changes to make the game better. Some times they get it right, some times they get it wrong, they aren't trying to rip you off or cheat you, it's not in their best interest.

• Cool 7

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
1 hour ago, Prkl8r said:

I mean I haven't played the test version so if you have, than you obviously have more insight than I do.

But it seems to me that if you can get citadeled in a ship with such low HP, the extra heal doesn't really make up for that.

Even somebody that knows how to angle can get citadeled if their flanks collapse so saying it wont effect people that know how to angle is a false statement.

So team work and RNG is more a determining factor than the ship itself.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

"Balance".......WG and "Balance" just leave well enough alone . Figure out the CV crud first . Then work on other ships ,it's only been @ six months and they still can't figure it out. SMH .

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles

WG has learnt from their Guilio Cesare debacle. This time they never made a test ship, decided to bury the nerf under a pile of patch notes, and kept quiet instead of making a big announcement out of it.

Sadly poor Duke of York has no defenders to speak up for her. The nerf will pass and WG will perform future direct premium ship nerfs with relative stealth.

[IXM]
Members
247 posts
4,036 battles

And here I was just about to feel like spending money again.  I was one of the people that actually did pay money for the DoY.  It's not a great ship and I do not play it that much but it is one that I paid real money for.  Well if this change does make it through to live I guess I'll just have to write it off as a loss and learn my lesson.

Edited by Kyralee

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles

If you can globally nerf premium CVs after selling them then why shouldn’t you be able to do it for BBs and other ship classes? People cried for global CV nerfs in the name of balance and opened the door on other types of “global nerfs.” You guys got what you asked for! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts
4 hours ago, Prkl8r said:

Global change is global.