Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

New game type? Historic Battles

5 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
637 posts
2,904 battles

There has been some desire for a historical battle and or nation against nation. But the MM times would not be practical. 

But I had an idea that might work, or not, as I am not a programmer. 

How about a historical battle where the correct ships, or close, are already on the map in the proper spawn location. (Is that how training room works?)

But the players, if they don't have the correct ship but have XP in a ship of the same class and tier, are put into the correct ship that is already on the map. (Rental like) They just start in port with the ship type they want to play but it will not be the one they use in battle. 

Say the battle of Salvo Island all the cruisers and destroyers are there before the players enter the que. (Slightly bad example as WG has not made a County Class CA yet) How about North Cape instead. 

This could eliminate some of the MM problems. Would it work? 

So that the task forces could have more coordination it could be tried as a clan battle first.

Being a historical game I think many players might like to see how they would do. The old Task Force 1942 had a recreation mode, but that was single player.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
18 posts

I do like this idea and hope they find some way of adding a historical battle mode in the future. Your example does have promise of a way it can be added and maybe just maybe they keep this post in mind....maybe give you a free premium if they use it lol.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,066 posts
17,206 battles

They could make that a separate mode with its own matchmaker. Players could enter any ship they have in port that is the same class as the ship that actually participated in the battle. 

When one considers choosing that mode the number of players that are currently waiting for a battle in that mode should be displayed. That way if the battle requires 24 ships total but the waiting group is 3 one would know to play another mode and check later.

Of course WG could make the rewards just for playing so tempting that the waiting group would never be low.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

There has been some desire for a historical battle and or nation against nation. But the MM times would not be practical. 

But I had an idea that might work, or not, as I am not a programmer. 

How about a historical battle where the correct ships, or close, are already on the map in the proper spawn location. (Is that how training room works?)

But the players, if they don't have the correct ship but have XP in a ship of the same class and tier, are put into the correct ship that is already on the map. (Rental like) They just start in port with the ship type they want to play but it will not be the one they use in battle. 

Say the battle of Salvo Island all the cruisers and destroyers are there before the players enter the que. (Slightly bad example as WG has not made a County Class CA yet) How about North Cape instead. 

This could eliminate some of the MM problems. Would it work? 

So that the task forces could have more coordination it could be tried as a clan battle first.

Being a historical game I think many players might like to see how they would do. The old Task Force 1942 had a recreation mode, but that was single player.

You really believe there's much call for historical battles, as WG moves towards a full blown arcade game?:Smile_amazed:

Where are all the posts calling for this?

[PHD]
Members
637 posts
2,904 battles

I have not seen any titled posts on this, just a mention here and there that is quickly put down because of the MM wait times that would be caused. My idea is a possible way to reduce the wait times if there was interest.

Besides everyone might not want a total arcade game style. Just a thought in part related to the current USN vs IJN event this weekend. But with the gameplay ballanceing the contest would not be historically accurate but might be interesting

The que process could be made even simpled if the players were asigned any ship avaliable without preference. But I thought many would like a choice if possible. The requirment to have a similar ship and experiance in it would to be to counter the complaints from some in ranked about the tier 10 rental ships being played by people out of their depth in them.

My guess was that perhaps if such a thing was possible there may be an intrest. Right now such a thing is written off as impossible from the outset. If it is even possible.

It is just an idea that someone in WG might think would be interesting.

Sign in to follow this