You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JdeMolay

Why should CV's be so limited in games?

32 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Beta Testers
392 posts
13,415 battles

I mean it's only fair. You can, and do, have 4 BB's or more in a game, 4 cruisers or more in a game, 4 dd's in a game. YET CV's are limited to one at tier 10 and 2 others tiers. This adds to a CV player's queue time and seems totally unfair. Why doesn't  WG open it up to be fair like the other classes of boats?

Totally unfair to this class.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 7
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 3

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, JdeMolay said:

I mean it's only fair. You can, and do, have 4 BB's or more in a game, 4 cruisers or more in a game, 4 dd's in a game. YET CV's are limited to one at tier 10 and 2 others tiers. This adds to a CV player's queue time and seems totally unfair. Why doesn't  WG open it up to be fair like the other classes of boats?

WG wanted 2-4 CVs per team in every game but allowing more than one per team breaks the game.  WG is running a for profit business so they are forced to concede this.  As long as WG allows CVs to break the game you're going to get the short end of the stick as a CV player. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
16 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Considering it's down to 5% of the player population playing them, how would you expect this to ever happen.

And WG's plan to have 2-3 cv's per game went up in smoke after a few weeks.:Smile_facepalm:

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
19 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Seriously?

After Update 8.0's Carrier sales gimmick exploded into the political nightmare we are now all living in, you'd even ask this question?  At the moment, the "farming exercise" the 8.0 gimmick created cause a few players to physically leave; a great many others to cut way back in hours invested; another couple of thousand to stop playing Randoms and Ranked (where my clan is a the moment;) and, an un counted number of others whom have stopped spending money on this game.....

That wasn't enough?  Then consider, what is going on in the EU and the US House of Representatives with legislation that is considering what to do with video games that exceed common sense.....  Oy Vey....

[WOLF2]
Members
3,704 posts
15,408 battles
40 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Ummmm … because they are awful and break the game?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,752 posts
18,164 battles
41 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

tenor.gif

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Because cvs make people cry.

[DJL]
[DJL]
Members
125 posts
4,537 battles

I will say this if it was the old rts style yes why not a carrier could fight each other now not so much. It's a basic be the one to farm more damage style right now. Make a CV able to attack other cv's and I would agree but 4 cv's fighting over damaging the other ships right now. No not a good plan.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,872 posts
9,526 battles

WG hasn't adequately prepared this sim yet for an explosion of manually guided missiles that also spot for themselves. It's also unclear how well they are prepared for handling that not everyone is chill about being unable to shoot back.

They seem addicted to keeping it complex. Posted before they need only make AA reliable (it should never have been set to preload) and revert back to 0.8.0 CV that was so easy to do well in. This way they got rework done almost overnight. But nope, they're just like the Eldunari that can  only communicate w/ images and memories.

Members
353 posts
16,704 battles
1 hour ago, JdeMolay said:

mean it's only fair. You can, and do, have 4 BB's or more in a game, 4 cruisers or more in a game, 4 dd's in a game. YET CV's are limited to one at tier 10 and 2 others tiers. This adds to a CV player's queue time and seems totally unfair. Why doesn't  WG open it up to be fair like the other classes of boats?

Some have said allowing more into battles just "breaks the game".  That's all the proof I need to validate the assertion that CVs have been, and currently are (as implemented and in combination with the relatively ineffective AA and +/- 2 tier match-making) a fundamentally broken game element with respect to "PvP (player vs. player) battle types" involving random groups of players.

If you disagree with the above assertion, please explain why CVs must be "more constrained in number" if they don't have an excessive disproportional impact on random PvP battle game play?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,909 posts
12,228 battles

Fortunately it's posts like this that remind me that carrier players are not in fact human beings...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
855 posts
3,818 battles

The unique ability for a carrier to launch and use planes makes the class very powerful, capable of providing quick and effective support for the team. Therefore, carriers per team are usually limited to prevent the class from dominating all other classes, which is what happened in real life.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,872 posts
13,704 battles

Actually,. CV should only have mode with 4-6 CV per side.  They can go after each other and have fun.

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Beta Testers
1,640 posts
19,559 battles
9 minutes ago, centarina said:

Actually,. CV should only have mode with 4-6 CV per side.  They can go after each other and have fun.

Great suggestion, and it meets the OPs needs.  Have two modes....CV only mode where 4 to 6 per side battle each other (like in the RTS days).......and surface ship only mode.   All ship types are then happy!!!

[USFF]
Members
429 posts
6,903 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, awiggin said:

Considering it's down to 5% of the player population playing them, how would you expect this to ever happen.

And WG's plan to have 2-3 cv's per game went up in smoke after a few weeks.:Smile_facepalm:

So were are nearly back at pre-rework numbers again. Maybe it has something to do with nerfs every patch and a failure to balance AA. 

[AFW]
[AFW]
Members
290 posts
3,751 battles
On 6/23/2019 at 12:17 AM, JdeMolay said:

Makes me wonder what threads you read on here. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,605 posts
16,988 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, mofton said:

Fortunately it's posts like this that remind me that carrier players are not in fact human beings...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

Serious question OP.  Given how oppressive people find CVs now, with a cap of two, why do you think people will continue to play in 4-5 CV games?

How fun do you think the games will be if nobody's playing surface ships anymore?  I know it's a difficult concept to understand, but people don't play for the sake of being someone else's target.

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
On 6/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, JdeMolay said:

Because this way CV haters can say "see its only 10 percent on the pop" then go on a rant about how cv have to be nerfed because so few play.

Its also the same crowed that has been iching about radar crusier and demanding to have only 1 per side.

You know its a rule because they want it to be a rule.