Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

How to Kremlin

28 comments in this topic

[KW]
Members
600 posts

I got the krem but man it's worse than the Monty I dont see it as a counter to the Monty. 

Mods are limited 

How do you play this ship in randoms?

• Confused 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,571 posts
6,872 battles

It's meant to be played as a close range sniper.  Pick an area where you can push up aggressively, but you're not a true brawler so don't just yolo in.  The Kreml is very tanky when angled, but with limited DCP you will melt if you let yourself get focused by HE.  Try and use island cover to break line of sight so you can safely get closer to the enemy before being spotted, and always make sure you have an escape route.  The Kreml plays somewhat similar to the Yamato, except it operates best at close range.

The Kreml has a unique dispersion curve that starts out really good at close range, but gets progressively worse farther out.  While the Kreml is optimally played up close, don't be afraid to take potshots at long range as you can still get good damage if RNG favors you. 

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

How did you get to Kreml with no idea how to play it? Push up to ~10km, absorb damage with the patented invinc-a-bow, shred stupid cruisers and badly angled battleships.

The very fact that you even had to ask this tells me you didn't spend nearly enough time with The Impaler and Soybote.

[VETSN]
Members
650 posts
5,491 battles
19 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

How did you get to Kreml with no idea how to play it? Push up to ~10km, absorb damage with the patented invinc-a-bow, shred stupid cruisers and badly angled battleships.

The very fact that you even had to ask this tells me you didn't spend nearly enough time with The Impaler and Soybote.

10 games in the Soybote should have trained him/her to bow tank/angle every ship in the game and never light your rear turret green on an enemy BB.  Soyboy’s guns are lacking and have awful dispersion even at close range.  Kremlin is a beast of a ship, but suffers from the “new ship focus”.  

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
25 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

10 games in the Soybote should have trained him/her to bow tank/angle every ship in the game and never light your rear turret green on an enemy BB.  Soyboy’s guns are lacking and have awful dispersion even at close range.  Kremlin is a beast of a ship, but suffers from the “new ship focus”.  

Nice try...

Do you want a brownie with that?

How about some fries?

• Confused 1
  • Angry 2

[VETSN]
Members
650 posts
5,491 battles
1 hour ago, swifttex1 said:

Nice try...

How about some fries?

Uh...   Not hungry right now, but cheers, good luck with your next insult.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,330 posts
1,371 battles
2 hours ago, swifttex1 said:

Nice try...

How about some fries?

I don't understand why you're trolling him. Did he say something untrue? I just picked up Soyuz and all of that advice appears sound.

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
6 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I don't understand why you're trolling him. Did he say something untrue? I just picked up Soyuz and all of that advice appears sound.

10 games?

Give me a break...

• Angry 1

[VETSN]
Members
650 posts
5,491 battles
12 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

10 games?

Give me a break...

I guess you missed my point, if you show broadside with these ships you will eat citadels for breakfast.  You learn pretty quick not to show it, or maybe you need 11k battles to learn? 

[BNKR]
Members
1,330 posts
1,371 battles
17 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

10 games?

Give me a break...

Again, please point to the flaw in his advice. 10 games or not, it seems pretty solid.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
683 posts
On 6/22/2019 at 12:48 PM, swifttex1 said:

10 games?

Give me a break...

Im sorry, if someone cant get the down to the bone basics of a ship in 10 games, then they need to play a different ship.

*Edited for Clarity since apparently I wasnt clear in what I said before.

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
3 hours ago, Raigoth said:

Im sorry, if you cant get the down to the bone basics of a ship in 10 games, then you need to play a different ship.

Sorry bub, you are not an authority of what I do...

• Angry 1

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
4 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Again, please point to the flaw in his advice. 10 games or not, it seems pretty solid.

Why? because it sounds good?

Do you just believe anything anyone tells you?

I don't, but, you're entitled to your own opinion...

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,330 posts
1,371 battles
8 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

Why? because it sounds good?

Do you just believe anything anyone tells you?

I don't, but, you're entitled to your own opinion...

Please point out which part of his advice is incorrect. He has played the ship, you acknowledged that, so his opinion is valid. It seems you take issue with something he suggested, and I'm trying to find out what that is.

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
2 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Please point out which part of his advice is incorrect. He has played the ship, you acknowledged that, so his opinion is valid. It seems you take issue with something he suggested, and I'm trying to find out what that is.

I take issue because it goes against my experiences...

Furthermore, I think the 2 posts below better articulate what to expect in the game...

Nonetheless, as stated previously you are allowed an opinion and I know I cannot contribute any more...

So, happy sailing...

9 hours ago, yashma said:

It's meant to be played as a close range sniper.  Pick an area where you can push up aggressively, but you're not a true brawler so don't just yolo in.  The Kreml is very tanky when angled, but with limited DCP you will melt if you let yourself get focused by HE.  Try and use island cover to break line of sight so you can safely get closer to the enemy before being spotted, and always make sure you have an escape route.  The Kreml plays somewhat similar to the Yamato, except it operates best at close range.

The Kreml has a unique dispersion curve that starts out really good at close range, but gets progressively worse farther out.  While the Kreml is optimally played up close, don't be afraid to take potshots at long range as you can still get good damage if RNG favors you. 

8 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

[VETSN]
Members
650 posts
5,491 battles
18 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

I take issue because it goes against my experiences...

Furthermore, I think the 2 posts below better articulate what to expect in the game...

Nonetheless, as stated previously you are allowed an opinion and I know I cannot contribute any more...

So, happy sailing...

Not even sure if this qualifies as a rebuttal? Not that you have to provide one, but some clarity would be appreciated.  I didn’t even give advice, I just pointed out a weakness in the line.  Specifically the ship I had trouble with (Sov Soyuz).  What you quoted I agree with, and coincides with my assessment of the line.  You can admit you threw unnecessary shade or just continue to put your foot in your mouth, either way it doesn’t matter.  I’m not an expert, a pro, nor do I claim to be, I just know what didn’t work for me while grinding the line.

[ENCOM]
Members
62 posts
5,397 battles

Dont believe all the "propaganda" about brawling and close combat.  Krem canot withstand HE spam nor focus fire. It just melt like any other ship. Good angled bow tanking is the only way but thats the way of any BB (or anyone think going broadside?).

So the game is stay bow-in and look for broadside potatos. Like any other BB. The only penalty for Krem is that has only a 20 ish Km range and that from 12 to 20 dispersion is absurd. So you need to get close or let them get close.

Good luck with that w/o getting HE spammed or focused. Reward: IF you get close IF you are not HE spammed IF you are not focused IF you find some ship within 12Km IF IF IF you can place some nice salvo with a good alfa damage.

Not too many though. @ 34 sec reload forget DPM bec of the slow-motion reload. Also forget secondaries. My conclusion enjoy it in COOP, forget it for random or Competitive.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
683 posts
2 hours ago, swifttex1 said:

Sorry bub, you are not an authority of what I do...

I never said anything about you. I was giving a generalization. The world doesnt revolve around you "Bub."

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
279 posts
4,773 battles
1 hour ago, alphapn said:

My conclusion enjoy it in COOP, forget it for random or Competitive.

Kremlin is a monster in Ranked. It handles well in randoms if you don’t yolo in and get melted. Pay attention to the angles and have islands to cover yourself from HE spam. The dispersion gets awful about 14k to 15k out. Inside that you should still be hitting quite accurately. Under 10 and you are hitting 8 shells a volley if your aim isn’t bad. Give up the broadside though and you will pay for it. It’s citadel is VERY easy to hit if not angled.

[KW]
Members
600 posts
2 hours ago, alphapn said:

Dont believe all the "propaganda" about brawling and close combat.  Krem canot withstand HE spam nor focus fire. It just melt like any other ship. Good angled bow tanking is the only way but thats the way of any BB (or anyone think going broadside?).

So the game is stay bow-in and look for broadside potatos. Like any other BB. The only penalty for Krem is that has only a 20 ish Km range and that from 12 to 20 dispersion is absurd. So you need to get close or let them get close.

Good luck with that w/o getting HE spammed or focused. Reward: IF you get close IF you are not HE spammed IF you are not focused IF you find some ship within 12Km IF IF IF you can place some nice salvo with a good alfa damage.

Not too many though. @ 34 sec reload forget DPM bec of the slow-motion reload. Also forget secondaries. My conclusion enjoy it in COOP, forget it for random or Competitive.

exactly 

total crap in this competition with the way its setup.... im selling it ....dern it WG wth

Edited by nastydamnanimal

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles
8 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

exactly 

total crap in this competition with the way its setup.... im selling it ....dern it WG wth

lol

[KW]
Members
600 posts
51 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Kremlin is a monster in Ranked. It handles well in randoms if you don’t yolo in and get melted. Pay attention to the angles and have islands to cover yourself from HE spam. The dispersion gets awful about 14k to 15k out. Inside that you should still be hitting quite accurately. Under 10 and you are hitting 8 shells a volley if your aim isn’t bad. Give up the broadside though and you will pay for it. It’s citadel is VERY easy to hit if not angled.

dds are unseen at this range and launch torps and he 

so Ill try and hide from range nukes with my great conceal and get in close to short range nukers because me my teammates always spot for me ect. thanks 

its a image.jpeg.151f637a6f371945b69220917e7aa2ff.jpeg

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,703 posts
7,351 battles

...People think Kremlin is bad and can't sustain focus fire?  

What rock have you people been living under?  There is no Battleship in the game more HE resistant than Kremlin.  Any ship melts under heavy fire, but you won't find better than Kremlin to do so.  If you aren't positioned to be angled with a way to back up to survive and use the time you're out being fired at to do nice damage/trades, it means there's a problem between the keyboard and chair, not the ship.

Kremlin can't hit anything beyond 17km , but found 13-17km to be good enough.  Anything closer and it becomes fairly accurate.  

If you want to complain about its positioning, just get a Yamato and sit at 26km like we know you'll do.  Then complain why your team is dead when you let them tank for you.

[KW]
Members
600 posts

It's not a counter to the Monty that's for sure 

Monty can just out range it out mod it 

Ect ect  

That's the guns the Monty should have or at least the conqueror yamota guns  then u got something u can actually tank carry in 

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,658 battles
22 hours ago, Raigoth said:

Im sorry, if you cant get the down to the bone basics of a ship in 10 games, then you need to play a different ship.

16 hours ago, Raigoth said:

I never said anything about you. I was giving a generalization. The world doesnt revolve around you "Bub."

Really...

Fact-based response...

Definitely not a generalization...

Is it possible you've had one too many conversations with ID?

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this