Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Greece map

7 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,360 battles

Well the Greece map has been out for a while now an although have played a few games on her and been sunk there a few times have not had the chance to see the sights so to speak while the battle continued.

WG has a habit of putting Easter eggs on ships and sometimes on maps which did have me thinking when the map first came out are there any on this particular map.

After all I believe the map represents the Aegean Sea Islands so when it comes putting any sought of Easter eggs on this map there can be know doubt what they should be its a given.

Related image

Yes these babies are a must even if they are a work of fiction, now like I said have not really had a chance but of the gamers and forum members are always on the look out for Easter eggs and since no one has mentioned anything thus far I can only assume that WG didn't see fit to put one of the most famous fictional Islands with equally one of the most famous set of fictional guns in play.

To me this film is still one of the all time classic war films fictional or not, the Island of Navarone  and the guns are a must for this map.

Image result for navarone

So what do you say WG how about sending the map back to the DEV's and have them create Navarone Island with these beauties nestled into the fortified mountain side standing guard over the Aegean as the many fleets battle for control and just for a bit nostalgia how about you give them some teeth and have them fire a few shots harmlessly into the sky and a random cycle.

So I'm calling upon @BTed72 @Radar_X  @Kami and any other Mod to pass this request on to WG plz

regards   

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,360 battles
1 minute ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

+1 for that idea!

:Smile_honoring: cheers

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles

@tm63au I believe we have likely seen the same movies. 

Unfortunately, to get that exact "location" we would need permission and rights. That being said, thank you for requesting more easter egg items. They are fun to find and show the hard work care our dev team puts into each map. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
34 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

Unfortunately, to get that exact "location" we would need permission and rights. That being said, thank you for requesting more easter egg items. They are fun to find and show the hard work care our dev team puts into each map. 

I don't think the rights are taken for The Guns of Navonopolis.

I mean, they came up with The Great Marinated Turkey Soup idea.

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,360 battles
44 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

Ok well since you have seen the movie you know its a fictitious Island but supposedly part of a real life chain of islands known as the Sporades Islands group so the DEV's can really put it anywhere on the map, as for copyright cant one of the administrators slip down to the petty cash tin grab a couple bucks give Alistair MacLean's estate a ring offer them $20.00 bucks tell them its for a worthy cause and gives them more publicity about this classic film. :Smile_Default: 

On a serious note this is a downer, this would have been the perfect Easter egg for this map just look at those guns what's not to love about them. :Smile_sad:

cheers

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Ok well since you have seen the movie you know its a fictitious Island but supposedly part of a real life chain of islands known as the Sporades Islands group so the DEV's can really put it anywhere on the map, as for copyright cant one of the administrators slip down to the petty cash tin grab a couple bucks give Alistair MacLean's estate a ring offer them $20.00 bucks tell them its for a worthy cause and gives them more publicity about this classic film. :Smile_Default: 

On a serious note this is a downer, this would have been the perfect Easter egg for this map just look at those guns what's not to love about them. :Smile_sad:

cheers

It would be a great Easter egg, but anything that looked like the Guns of Navarone, particularly set into a cliffside cavern, would risk a copyright infringement.

Sign in to follow this