Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sea_Goblin

Help Me Choose for Dallas: DCSM2/PM2/SGM2

7 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
545 battles

I'm trying to decide between DCSM2/PM2/SGM2 for my 4th Dallas upgrade slot.  I was leaning towards PM2, but at 1,000,000 credits a pop I thought I'd better seek out some advice from the more experienced.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sea_Goblin
typo

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,526 battles

I opted for the steering gear upgrade.  That is the recommended mod on Wiki!

Did you get ENS. Charles Parker at the helm yet?

• Cool 1

Members
28 posts
545 battles
59 minutes ago, FlashTX1 said:

I opted for the steering gear upgrade.  That is the recommended mod on Wiki!

Did you get ENS. Charles Parker at the helm yet?

Thanks for the info on the steering gear upgrade.  Yes, he has taken command.  

Screenshot (3).png

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,257 posts
19,624 battles

DCSM2 is mostly an upgrade for Battleships or possibly the Battlecruisers / "Super Cruisers" like Kronsthadt, Alaska, etc.

I'd say for US Cruisers you probably want SGM2 in place.  You don't have the luxury of a convenient island around to fire behind at all times.  You will want that improved rudder shift for when you do have to fight in open water.

PM2 is mostly for Destroyers and smoke camping ships.  PM2 only helps on the initial startup, nowhere else, it doesn't make you go from max to 3/4 speed quickly, and then instantly boost right back to max in a snap.  Only the initial start going from 0kts.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,863 posts
12,773 battles

SGM2 is the common choice, but recently I’ve been putting DCM2 on my cruisers just to try and take the edge off the fire spam. Mostly seems to be working for me, but I wasn’t exactly reckless when driving a cruiser in open water to begin with, so your mileage may vary. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,968 posts
8,267 battles

Take the ship out into co-op for a few battles with the slot empty, and figure out which of steering or initial acceleration you feel you need the most help with.

Members
28 posts
545 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Take the ship out into co-op for a few battles with the slot empty, and figure out which of steering or initial acceleration you feel you need the most help with.

That certainly is good advice.  Thanks!  PS - Love your username!

9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

DCSM2 is mostly an upgrade for Battleships or possibly the Battlecruisers / "Super Cruisers" like Kronsthadt, Alaska, etc...

... PM2 only helps on the initial startup, nowhere else, it doesn't make you go from max to 3/4 speed quickly, and then instantly boost right back to max in a snap.  Only the initial start going from 0kts.

Thanks for replying.  I appreciate the info on on PM2 and DCSM2 as well.

6 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

SGM2 is the common choice, but recently I’ve been putting DCM2 on my cruisers just to try and take the edge off the fire spam. Mostly seems to be working for me, but I wasn’t exactly reckless when driving a cruiser in open water to begin with, so your mileage may vary. 

It does seem like individual play styles have a lot to do with how to approach the choices in the preparing your ships and playing the game.  I guess that's one of the things I find so interesting about the game.  There are so many subtleties and different approaches that can be taken on so many levels.  Thanks for replying.

Edited by Sea_Goblin
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this