You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mcgibe

What's your opinion on ranked this year?

30 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles

Just wanted to ask everyone's opinions on ranked this year. Did you like it or hate it. Personally, I haven't been having much fun with carriers and rentals and I'm still not done with the grind despite being at rank 2

[SHAFT]
Members
602 posts
13,794 battles

It was okay.

First week was more trouble for me as I started at 10 with the much better cv players. Once they ranked out it was much easier.

That plus I decided to focus on using one ship - Yamato - helped me save a couple of stars due to lol pen. I ranked out after 10 days.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,679 posts
3,560 battles

I think my only major issue was the ease of CVs in saving a star. it was like every game. Good Hak players were ranking out in 70 games:cap_fainting:Granted I did it in 111 with no CVs, but still. The amount of CV star saves was staggering

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I just did enough to get the flag.  I'm not interested in the stress and frustration of grinding my way through it.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I just did enough to get the flag.  I'm not interested in the stress and frustration of grinding my way through it.

This for me as well.

Let the pro players give themselves ulcers and anurisims, I'll just take the season flag.

[TBW]
Members
8,007 posts
14,639 battles

I played 7 battles, that should answer the question, the star thing irks me, so Ranked has never done much for me. There really is no kind of ranking involved. A more appropriate name for the mode might be, Walking Up the Down Escalator.

• Cool 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,522 battles

I gave up on Ranked battles long ago.  I play to Rank 10 and stop.  This year I went undefeated to Rank 10 +1 star, so after some thought I started playing again and quickly stopped due to the all to familiar frustration of Ranked battles.

So, I did not like it with CV's in it!

Members
803 posts
1,286 battles

my best season yet. Ranked my main account in less than 130 games and managed to rank out this one too in only 103. The state of the game and its playerbase right now is so poor that I can't stand to play more than a few battles in randoms. I wish the seawolves league was still a thing so we could play some decent matches.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

I traditionally made a habit of grinding to tier 10. The introduction of rental boats may mark this as the last time I ever do that. It simply isn't worth the suffering to progress.

[TMS]
Members
2,580 posts
26,293 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

my best season yet. Ranked my main account in less than 130 games and managed to rank out this one too in only 103. The state of the game and its playerbase right now is so poor that I can't stand to play more than a few battles in randoms. I wish the seawolves league was still a thing so we could play some decent matches.

And it just keep getting worse with time.

[MIA-P]
Members
684 posts
6,749 battles

It was my first time going all the way to rank 1. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected; the mino  is a fun ship and having it actually be pretty meta-compatible was really nice. I think I got lucky too with a lot of the MM.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,783 battles
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

It was my first time going all the way to rank 1. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected

Same. Usually I never bother playing ranked. At first I was just fooling around with Haku and after a few Shima game, I actually managed to make my way to R1 with her.

[PHU]
Members
35 posts
5,339 battles

Allowing CVs was a stupid idea in a 7v7. Rentals just made it worse.

Members
80 posts
17,356 battles
15 hours ago, mcgibe said:

Just wanted to ask everyone's opinions on ranked this year. Did you like it or hate it. Personally, I haven't been having much fun with carriers and rentals and I'm still not done with the grind despite being at rank 2

this season rank with cv that are so overpowered and the AA defense is so broken on every single ship no matter how it is spec"d  the teir 10  cv especially are so op it is crazy during ive specd all the strongest AA ships and they still are so weak am at the point of deleted this game rank is suppose to be fun and competitive with ships that you cant defend against and have no barring in the game it is crazy broken so many players is beyond frustration period the DD well it is pitiful to say the least I dont believe as strong as the planes are or as broken as the AA defense is you just cant kill any planes on the first two strikes or at all most DD cant even shot down a single plane when the cv just parks it over top of you to keep you spotted and war gaming thinks this is fun or fair play i truely doubt a single employee of this game actually played the game with this unbalanced and broken game because if they did it never been released in this manner they actually changed something that made it completely broken and i would guess it is the main players of cv game play that gave the A okay for the game in its state I know one thing if this was my company and i found out how broken and unbalanced this state of the game in its present Just say in a nice manner they be given some time off without pay the objective of rank is broken the AA defense is broken the cv are op and it has changed the manner of how players play the game because they are so scared they will loose the star so they farm the big targets first and the small targets are left to the end in most games the only manner this is not the case is on competent players that actually know what teamwork and focus fire means the other 99.9 percent are very selfish and care nothing about teamwork they only want to save that star and that is it so war gaming something needs to be addressed and fixed or this game is going to the waste side very fast and myself i hate for this to happen I just truely hope this broken stuff will be fixed you can  even leave the cv alone and just fix the defense of AA at this time it is worthless and commander skill points are a waste to put on a capt skill just the same there are several flags that dont work at all like the ram flag ive seen DD a benson takeout a teir ten BB by ramming the only Bb ive seen survive is the Conqueror when rammed but with the flag on and full health and both  ships die this is broken little things like this needs to be fixed we all know the only reason this was changed is because it brings in more funds to the game by costing players more to check off the skills that the players trying to get some type of better stats on AA defense and it is a waste of points at this time when you use at minimum 11 pts to setup your capt and it does nothing for a better defense at this state and time in game you cant tell a difference especially on ships with a AA defense below a 50 it might be a slight better on ships with capt skills above a 70 you might shot down one or two more planes but it is nothing like the old AA defense use to be and this is just enough to piss players off and mess up the entire game for all who is playing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[IGB]
Members
20 posts
14,237 battles

This ranked season sucks just like WOW. 1st they take away the irrivocable, Put in rentals for players that have no idea how to play them. And stick CV cancer in ranks and the total game has turned to trash because of it. I have made it to rank 4 then get stuck with a bunch of players with rentals throughout the day and get knocked all the way back to 10. These players couldn't find a wet spot if they were given directions and an arrow pointing them in the right direction. Warships we know you like to make money and all and i have given it over the past years. But if you can't stop fking the game up and ruining it for players then i will be finding a new company to line their pockets. Get your heads out of your wallets and make the game right. FIx the radar and hydro issue that are in the game. Fix the issues where a player can pull up to an island and detect another ship on the other side of it if they are within 2km and fix the damn carrier issue. 

Edited by LtMaverick70
  • Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,419 posts

Played to 10 and very quickly realized that 10 was it:  rentals and carriers simply ruined the experience.  And the Carriers saving a star every match is too much.....   Luck of the draw isn't a skill based competitive mode anyway.   Kids out of school running around in tier 10 rentals........no thanks.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles

Up to this point I've only ever ranked out on 1 main ranked season and on (if i remember correctly) two ranked sprints. 

The one main ranked season I ranked out on was when it was T6 only, same as for the two ranked sprints. I just find the dynamics of T6 ranked to be much more enjoyable than the endless camp/spam fest that T10 ranked provides. If i want to play camp/spam fest, not even counting CVs, I'd rather just play randoms.

Even T8 ranked feels better on average for me to be honest, at least back when it didn't include CVs, now a days with the reign of the T8 prem CVs running rampant across that tier bracket i wouldn't even want to imagine T8 ranked with them.

T7 ranked also has potential to just be a lot of fun but with the insane power-creep of some premiums at T7 compared to most of their silver competition it usually ends poorly.

TLDR: T10 ranked is in my opinion just boring as all get out, while lower tier ranked seasons usually lead to more enjoyable engagements. But that's just me.

Adding to all this the fact that on average i tended to see better play and more team oriented stunts in lower tier ranked compared to T10 or T9 ranked.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,163 posts
2,993 battles

Discouraged by crap play from the DDs* I kept getting saddled with.  Enemy's DDs would nicely spot for them and, seeing as our DDs would always take themselves out of the game by trying some long flanking maneuver ending in them vs the enemy team and sunk, sending waves of torpedoes to break up our capital ships/force broadsides to avoid said torpedoes.  At rank 12 and it got frustrating enough that I haven't played a match of WoWS, ranked or random, in over a week.

*I am not one of the BB idiots who thinks DDs need to charge into a cap and die trying futilely to capture it early.  I explicitly don't want to see that.  DDs need to preserve their lives at all costs and caps are everybody's responsibility, even in some circumstances CVs.  However, in the absence of CVs we need DDs to spot and run interference on the enemy DDs and all other ships to support our DD by shooting radar cruisers and enemy DDs whenever possible.

[-D-S-]
Members
120 posts
3,651 battles

I like arms race, but this season is really piss me off. Because of this season, I decided to find another game to play.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles

Enjoyed it. Needed four battles to reach rank 10. Carried in two, had a good result in the other two.

Left ranked for good afterwards.

[BURG]
[BURG]
Members
54 posts
2,141 battles

I am Rank 10 and really dont see myself going past that. I keep trying and it's just a complete crapshoot if I get a decent team or a bunch of rentals with low point captains. And I am REALLY sick of T10 play, radar radar radar hydro radar radar.  Cruisers camped behind islands, BBs sniping from map border. And let's not forget all the toxic chat from the guy that yolos into cap and dies first, and it is all ship types that has done it even a CV once. Clan battles was way more fun but let's not do top tiers for a while please. I do think CVs need more balancing due to they seem to always get to save their star.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
21 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I think my only major issue was the ease of CVs in saving a star. it was like every game. Good Hak players were ranking out in 70 games:cap_fainting:Granted I did it in 111 with no CVs, but still. The amount of CV star saves was staggering

I wonder if you were complaning abojt how DD were the only one to aave stars in every other rank?

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts

Rankbis the same as every other year. Its to long, you have to win to many battles, and its impossable to rank out for working people.

• Cool 1