You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AboveTrauma

Getting stuck on nothing

15 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
135 battles

This game is rlly awesome I have so much fun but there is just one thing in this game that is super annoying. When I get close to an island, I am close but not to close to where I am going to hit it. But once I approach the island my ship just gets stuck and I can’t move no matter what I do. I can’t backup or turn or go forward. I’m not even touching the island or anything else. 

Edited by AboveTrauma

[5D]
Members
2,826 posts
17,489 battles

You can ground on some things that are just below the surface. It usually takes a bit of effort to get off and using a lot of WASD. Sometimes best bet is to have a teammate ram you off.

• Funny 1

[A-CUP]
Members
1,017 posts
8,115 battles

If you are beached sideways. Dont touch. The game will push you back to open water so you can move

Edited by Nagato_Kai__Ni

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles
8 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You can ground on some things that are just below the surface. It usually takes a bit of effort to get off and using a lot of WASD. Sometimes best bet is to have a teammate ram you off.

@1SneakyDevil is right. Think of it like a sand bar or a reef. Sometimes it slows you down others it will stop you like you hit a wall. 

BTW, thanks for posting your question and welcome to the forums and community. Great group here that will help out when you have questions. :Smile_honoring:

[PENND]
Members
332 posts
5,741 battles
23 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

If you are beached sideways. Dont touch. The game will push you back to open water so you can move

The game must love you since anytime I beach I stay there

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,250 posts
20,261 battles
26 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

My ‘beaching sideways’ usually involves managing to parallel park a destroyer in some notch on an island that is literally impossible to get out of...:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 3

Members
348 posts
5,927 battles

I'm a great one for managing to do that. If it doesn't get me killed immediately I generally call out what happened in chat and quite often a nearby team mate will be good enough to give me a nudge free. :cap_horn:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,261 posts

And yet when you get killed there, you sink like a rock to the bottomless abyss.

• Cool 3

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

Too bad there isn't a depth near the edge with persistent ship models sunk halfway to their decks. That would be awesome .instead davey jones collects your ship from thirty feet of water and makes it disappear.

[RNJR]
Members
282 posts
4,786 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 8:02 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

My ‘beaching sideways’ usually involves managing to parallel park a destroyer in some notch on an island that is literally impossible to get out of...:Smile_sceptic:

I did that with my Des Moines once. I had AUSTIN POWER'D into an island hoping to tactical Notser'd to avoid torps and got stuck. Fortunately i had radar and rapid guns as i can radar through islands and wasnt totally useless being stuck there till the end.

[DONGR]
Members
14 posts
262 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

That's rough; that's DNGRous. 

[CRF]
Members
378 posts
6,110 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 8:11 PM, Terkoz said:

I'm a great one for managing to do that. If it doesn't get me killed immediately I generally call out what happened in chat and quite often a nearby team mate will be good enough to give me a nudge free. :cap_horn:

I pretty much only ground right in front of a red BB, so he usually takes care of it....

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

^^^This^^^

Some time back they programmed a perpendicular nudge that occurs when stuck sideways.  I still think there are places you can find yourself where you can get perma stuck.  But those places are much harder to come by since they programmed the "nudge".