You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Rentals for T8 clan battles?

47 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Members
769 posts

Are we going to get them WG?  Since we had rentals elsewhere it would maintain the current precedent.

M0NigVN.gif

• Confused 2

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,840 posts
9,998 battles

Its not that hard to get to T8 why would you want rentals?

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,759 posts
18,959 battles

You could also just buy a tier 8 premium.

[W-G]
Members
769 posts

Some clan memembers may not have gotten there yet and it would be a way for them to experience CB. Also it would be a good way for WG to highlight some T8 premiums that way to increase sales maybe.

Think of all the Carriers they could sell.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Confused 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,692 posts
3,560 battles
1 minute ago, Shigure_DD said:

Comparativley it's not hard to get to tier 10:Smile_trollface:

But no, I doubt there will be rentals. The lower tier combined with the general hate for them will not fare well for the game mode. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
18 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

I think he's talking about players who have 1 -2 tier 8's trying out the other lines. Not like it's not going to be a premium slugfest regardless...:Smile_trollface:

[W-G]
Members
769 posts
17 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I think he's talking about players who have 1 -2 tier 8's trying out the other lines. Not like it's not going to be a premium slugfest regardless...:Smile_trollface:

Also clans that play lower levels because they are newer and not gone up the lines yet.- gives them a taste of whats out there at higher levels.

At the same time them stats padding player clans that forever play 1-5 can put their money where their chops are and see how good they are.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Confused 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
1,840 posts
9,998 battles
21 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Also clans that play lower levels because they are newer and not gone up the lines yet.- gives them a taste of whats out there at higher levels.

At the same time them stats padding player clans that forever play 1-5 can put their money where their chops are and see how good they are.

I still dont see the point of having T8 rentals with how easy WGing is making it to get to T8.... WG lowered the tier and made it 6v6 because that was the feedback they were getting from the player base. Like people have said about T8 it also has a high number of prem ships.

For what you said about "stat padding clans" I hope you understand that the CB MM makes it nearly impossible for this to happen even if they have Alpha Bravo ratings any good clan wont stay in the same MM range with new clans for to long.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
864 posts
4,871 battles

I think it's safe to assume they will be there. However, I don't know if this is the right thing to do. For now, we'll have to see.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,804 posts

If you do not have at the very least a T8 ship... you have no business in clan battles, ranked, or any sort of competitive arena. I'd advise against rentals.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
5,236 posts
12,041 battles
30 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

If you do not have at the very least a T8 ship... you have no business in clan battles, ranked, or any sort of competitive arena. I'd advise against rentals.

I disagree. Skill dictates whether a player will be able to progress or not in a comp format. Who are you to say whether they can or not?

[CAG-1]
Members
1,804 posts
10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I disagree. Skill dictates whether a player will be able to progress or not in a comp format. Who are you to say whether they can or not?

Ok then. I have a better Idea... at 10k matches I'm blown away you'd even suggest that but... alas...

If you think that players who haven't even made it to T8 should get rentals... have it your way!!!

They can be on your team Bro! :)

You are deliberately advocating putting new players into clan battles probably before they have even played the game for 30 days... They'll be eaten alive. Skill is directly related to experience.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[OO7]
Members
5,236 posts
12,041 battles
17 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Ok then. I have a better Idea... at 10k matches I'm blown away you'd even suggest that but... alas...

If you think that players who haven't even made it to T8 should get rentals... have it your way!!!

You are deliberately advocating putting new players into clan battles probably before they have even played the game for 30 days... They'll be eaten alive. Skill is directly related to experience.

So if a clan wants to play a player with rentals, that's their prerogative. If the player can play well, they'll progress. If they can't play well, they won't progress. What do you care if there are a bunch of clans at the bottom of the list playing rental ships?? 

I see a lot of people complaining about bad players everywhere, random, ranked, etc. I see people advocating minimum win rates to participate. That's absolute garbage. My persona on the forums and lot of people think I'm some sort of toxic elitist. I'm not. It takes all types of players to make the game. I accept that. I accept that there are bad players on my teams. But I know that law ov averages says that the enemy team has 12/11 chance to have more bad players than my team. 

You want to remove bad players from game modes, then that game mode will just have fewer players. And it just means that the win loss divide gets pushed further up the list. I typically play better than 97% of the player base, but how do the 3% above me perceive my play?? They most likely would label me as trash. Everyone wants to look down on the players below them and think that "they" are the good player. But that means nothing to the players above you. 

What harm would players in rentals in clan battles do you??? Specifics please. Likely your clan is super awesome and wouldn't have to use them, and you think players using rentals are trash, so doesn't that mean just more fodder for your clan to steamroll?? 

BTW a player must play 200 battles to participate in clan battles

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2

[CAG-1]
Members
1,804 posts
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So if a clan wants to play a player with rentals, that's their prerogative. If the player can play well, they'll progress. If they can't play well, they won't progress. What do you care if there are a bunch of clans at the bottom of the list playing rental ships?? 

I see a lot of people complaining about bad players everywhere, random, ranked, etc. I see people advocating minimum win rates to participate. That's absolute garbage. My persona on the forums and lot of people think I'm some sort of toxic elitist. I'm not. It takes all types of players to make the game. I accept that. I accept that there are bad players on my teams. But I know that law ov averages says that the enemy team has 12/11 chance to have more bad players than my team. 

You want to remove bad players from game modes, then that game mode will just have fewer players. And it just means that the win loss divide gets pushed further up the list. I typically play better than 97% of the player base, but how do the 3% above me perceive my play?? They most likely would label me as trash. Everyone wants to look down on the players below them and think that "they" are the good player. But that means nothing to the players above you. 

What harm would players in rentals in clan battles do you??? Specifics please. Likely your clan is super awesome and wouldn't have to use them, and you think players using rentals are trash, so doesn't that mean just more fodder for your clan to steamroll?? 

BTW a player must play 200 battles to participate in clan battles

Only 200 games huh? Wow. Yeah. They're definitely qualified to participate in a professional arena. My bad...

This isn't about removing bad players. This is about preventing inexperienced players from being feasted upon in a professional atmosphere they are not qualified to play in. If new players get decimated repeatedly (as you're advocating) they will uninstall the game and never play again. This isn't a new premise as many MMO's protect new players for the same reason.

You're idea is nothing short of preposterous. It will cause new players to "rage quit", and will cost WG new player-base ... therefore money.

Was that specific enough?

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
5,236 posts
12,041 battles
3 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Only 200 games huh? Wow. Yeah. They're definitely qualified to participate in a professional arena. My bad...

This isn't about removing bad players. This is about preventing inexperienced players from being feasted upon in a professional atmosphere they are not qualified to play in. If new players get decimated repeatedly (as you're advocating) they will uninstall the game and never play again. This isn't a new premise as many MMO's protect new players for the same reason.

You're idea is nothing short of preposterous. It will cause new players to "rage quit", and will cost WG new player-base ... therefore money.

Anyone can buy a T8 ship, they can get stomped on in random as easily as in clan battles as it stands now. 

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
1,840 posts
9,998 battles
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Anyone can buy a T8 ship, they can get stomped on in random as easily as in clan battles as it stands now. 

This is so true, and after they get stomped on they will come here and say how unfair this game is lol.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,881 posts
9,089 battles
1 hour ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

That's the beauty of clan battles, though. You assemble your own team. If your clan doesn't want to have rental players in clan battles, then don't have them. If you do want to have rental players, then do have them. It's entirely up to you.

If you think rental players suck, and have a clan with a big enough base to play rental-free, then you should be THRILLED, because you always have a chance of having a weak enemy team.

• Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,804 posts
7 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

That's the beauty of clan battles, though. You assemble your own team. If your clan doesn't want to have rental players in clan battles, then don't have them. If you do want to have rental players, then do have them. It's entirely up to you.

If you think rental players suck, and have a clan with a big enough base to play rental-free, then you should be THRILLED, because you always have a chance of having a weak enemy team.

Lol.. is that how your clans got purple? Seal-clubbing new players with T8 rentals? :P

I highly doubt that WG will allow it. A player must have made it to at least T8 to qualify for clan battles. I'm sure you guys are loving the idea of pWning noobs, but in the end your idea is bad for business....

• Confused 1

[W-G]
Members
769 posts

I think all players of any level should be given a choice to participate and regardless of skill level.

To say that clan battles is a bunch of professional players is too funny. I beg to differ.

• Cool 2

Members
808 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Nobody is going to rage quit because they failed at an optional competitive event that their clan allowed them to participate in with them. They simply would stop playing clan battles and go back to randoms until they became experienced enough. Your idea here is the one that is nothing short of preposterous.

It affects nobody else (negatively at least) but the clan making their roster decision if they decide they want to let a noob play CB with them. Why do you care if they do so?

I'm sure you guys are loving the idea of pWning noobs, but in the end your idea is bad for business....

Purple clans wouldn't even be seeing clans running noobs in rentals except maybe at the very start.

Also, you're not even in a clan, so I really I don't get why this is such an issue for you.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,804 posts
3 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Nobody is going to rage quit because they failed at an optional competitive event that their clan allowed them to participate in with them. They simply would stop playing clan battles and go back to randoms until they became experienced enough. Your idea here is the one that is nothing short of preposterous.

It affects nobody else (negatively at least) but the clan making their roster decision if they decide they want to let a noob play CB with them. Why do you care if they do so?

Purple clans wouldn't even be seeing clans running noobs in rentals except maybe at the very start.

Also, you're not even in a clan, so I really I don't get why this is such an issue for you.

I've fired a clan or two in my day for excessive drama and fighting in clan battles. Going solo is better sometimes. The "B" patch next to my name suggests I've been around the block. Beta veteran here.

There's nothing preposterous here in my statements. It's the general consensus of the WoWs community. Do a quick search on these forums for confirmation. This topic has been brought up repeatedly in the past. You're only one of several I've seen so far that believes this is a good idea.

This is quite a hilarious example of 'back-peddling'. For years people were vehemently opposed to rentals in T10 battles for such that reason. If you can't even unlock a simple T10 ship (takes 3 months of gameplay I'd estimate. Took me less) you simply are not familiar enough with WoWs to not be a detriment to your clan/team. And you won't be having very much fun getting radar'd, citadel'd, torped, and sling-shotted!

Purple clans (or any clan that cares) would not allow noobs in rentals period. They'd giggle at the very suggestion. So if clans won't allow it... why in your right mind would you endorse it? It takes two weeks to get a T8... it's not a endless quest for the Holy Grail and quite reasonable to expect.

• Boring 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Rentals of premium ships, you pay for win.