You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sou1forge

Can we say no to Kutuzov next CW? Please?

36 comments in this topic

[PRNA]
Members
333 posts
4,462 battles

WG, I love the idea with tier 8 CW. A lot of us do, and I plan to play the hell out of it. 

Just please, no Kutuzov. Please? It's a meta wrecking ship, and worse it's not going to be available to everyone. If you want people to be happy, and want to play future CW seasons, then this is going to be your biggest stumbling block. Nothing is going to kill enthusiasm quite like that first time teams run into the double or more Kutuzov team, realize they can't counter that, and that the more they play the more likely its going to be they lose on pure ship composition that they can't do anything about. 

People feel free to tell me just how wrong I am and how easy it is to stop something like this if I'm wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 4

[LUCK]
Members
1,699 posts
23,913 battles
3 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

WG, I love the idea with tier 8 CW. A lot of us do, and I plan to play the hell out of it. 

Just please, no Kutuzov. Please? It's a meta wrecking ship, and worse it's not going to be available to everyone. If you want people to be happy, and want to play future CW seasons, then this is going to be your biggest stumbling block. Nothing is going to kill enthusiasm quite like that first time teams run into the double or more Kutuzov team, realize they can't counter that, and that the more they play the more likely its going to be they lose on pure ship composition that they can't do anything about. 

People feel free to tell me just how wrong I am and how easy it is to stop something like this if I'm wrong.

A couple Chapayevs (12 km radar) and an NCs/Alabamas (16" peace offerings) can mitigate that threat. Kutu stronk, not invincible.

Good teamwork with a sound plan will usually mitigate those threats.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,183 posts

Perhaps they'll sell him for real money right before ranked.....:Smile_glasses:

[R-F]
Members
1,481 posts
8,749 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

you made the same mistake I did.  OP is talking about the cruiser with the smoke generator, not the new unique russian captain.  FWIW they said his talents won't work in clan battles anyhow.

[HINON]
Members
11,192 posts
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

OP is referring to the ship.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,839 posts
9,995 battles

or run a DD up and get into its smoke fire detection range, People are pretty good at blind firing into smoke,

[CHASE]
Members
405 posts
19,168 battles

While Kutuzov will likely be a monster when paired with a spotter, I don't think it will be as meta-defining as it was in the SL days. In a 6v6 format with no carriers, Kutuzov will be likely be less powerful due to the spotting that is required to maximize her consumable loadout. For that reason, I think she'll be a strong, but not game breaking pick. I can't wait to eat crow for this one, but with so many options at T8, I don't think Kutuzov is the strongest pick. Strong? Certainly. The best pick that every team needs to have to be competitive? While that remains to be seen, I doubt it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,183 posts
17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

OP is referring to the ship.

DOH!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

How many Kutz are left? Are there really that many out there?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,183 posts
19 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

you made the same mistake I did.  OP is talking about the cruiser with the smoke generator, not the new unique russian captain.  FWIW they said his talents won't work in clan battles anyhow.

Yep, been years since i heard anyone complain about that ship......

[CRMSN]
Members
8,372 posts
8,991 battles
37 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

Sure. I'll use Irian instead. While sitting in DD smoke. :Smile_trollface:

Pick your poison, man, pick your poison. Besides, most Kuts will not be played right, or well, and so won't be an issue.

However, I'll be one in Irian. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I'd think that a Cleveland would be more impactful

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles
49 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

EDIT: misread, nevermind

I read Kuznetzov too lol. 

And premiums that are no longer freely obtainable outside of crates (payfast, kutu, mizzou, etc.) should be banned from comp. 

Edited by exray0
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 2

[SALVO]
Members
21,689 posts
21,998 battles
1 hour ago, Sou1forge said:

No.

How about just rebalancing here and have the community SUPPORT the rebalancing, rather than throwing a temper tantrum like they did with the proposed GC rebalance?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
21,689 posts
21,998 battles
24 minutes ago, exray0 said:

And premiums that are no longer freely obtainable outside of crates (payfast, kutu, mizzou, etc.) should be banned from comp. 

Just rebalance them, and don't complain about it if they do.

• Boring 1

[O_B_G]
Members
187 posts
16,858 battles
1 hour ago, Sou1forge said:

you must not own a Kutz.... S@x to be you! j/k :Smile-_tongue:

• Angry 1

[O_B_G]
Members
187 posts
16,858 battles
45 minutes ago, awiggin said:

DOH!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

How many Kutz are left? Are there really that many out there?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :Smile_medal:

Alpha Tester
3,825 posts
4,651 battles

I suspect that the meta will be heavily shaped by all of the stealthy radar cruisers that exist at T8.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,208 posts
12,009 battles

I honestly can't see top teams using more than 1 kutuzovs. 

Teams will run 1bb, 1dd, a radar cruiser or 2, and 2 flanking cruisers. 

So you'll see kutuzovs, atagao, CM in those flanking roles. 

Beta Testers
12 posts
3,113 battles
1 hour ago, exray0 said:

To be fair, the Mighty Mo's radar usually gets it killed. The only thing that makes Mo good is the eco, People would probably use the Mushi over her in CW's cause "muh overpen"

[CRMSN]
Members
8,372 posts
8,991 battles
5 minutes ago, Terminus_4 said:

To be fair, the Mighty Mo's radar usually gets it killed. The only thing that makes Mo good is the eco, People would probably use the Mushi over her in CW's cause "muh overpen"

And "muh health pool", frequently in the T9 season, a Mushy could be the vast majority of a team's HP. If the teams only had one BB apiece and the other had an Alsace, I mean, dang, the HP superiority was real. I had it happen multiple times. Add in that it was Arms Race, and that Mushy could constantly heal. Lord, I steamrolled teams all on my own, simply because they could never finish me off.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,404 posts
9,137 battles

I highly doubt kurtz will be the top crusier...  the legend it was is dead. Now it's just like any other crusier at that tier.

IMHO, edin does everything the kut does but better with the exception of shooting at long range, non-maneuvering ships.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
2 hours ago, Aetreus said:

I suspect that the meta will be heavily shaped by all of the stealthy radar cruisers that exist at T8.

I agree here.  Sharp shooting NCs will just pick it off in it's smoke cloud because you're going to run into skilled players in CB.  I'd actually expect to see top clans running Chapayevs, Baltimores and Wichitas over Kutuzovs because they bring more utility.  I wouldnt be surprised to find out that some top clans picked Charles Martel or Cleveland over Kutuzov.

EDIT:  I completely forgot Atago.  I'd definitely take Atago over Kutuzov too.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

No.

How about just rebalancing here and have the community SUPPORT the rebalancing, rather than throwing a temper tantrum like they did with the proposed GC rebalance?

I'd support rebalance.  I'll fight tooth and nail over re-tier.