You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JEFFREY_LEI

An idea for a new type of ranked battle that would improve the MM and player base.

8 comments in this topic

Members
123 posts
448 battles

People are complaining about the MM (although I think it’s fine) and the player base so here’s the solution: a new type of ranked.

The new ranked is available at every tier and open throughout the year and you start at the lowest rank for each tier and go up as you collect more stars as you win more battles playing ships in that tier, and lose stars when you loses. In the beginning there’s a certain amount of ranks but WG can open more as more players get to the highest rank. As the ranks go up the the credits and free xp you earn each battle get multiplied by a certain amount, and have chance to earn resources (the chances go up as you go on to higher ranks).

This would hopely improve the gameplay and make the player base better (they will encourage people to win more and spend more effort) and make people happier with their games.

Edited by JEFFREY_LEI
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
5,036 posts
15,593 battles

MM is fine, maybe revert it back to beta test stage for a patch or two. Maybe that will either get the complainers triggered and/or appreciate today's MM.

On flaw in the rank/MM idea, its dependent on population of a given rank of people. Which means yup longer queue times. Just because one would wait 10 min for a match the majority with responsibilities cant.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RMRGD]
Members
425 posts
20,072 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Check out my post (post #3) in the following thread for a new Ranked idea I posted there.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/194188-episode-136-can-we-fix-ranked-please/?tab=comments#comment-4553175

This is honestly a really good idea.   Love it to be something like this and do away with stars.     The main issue for me is every 20 games of ranked or so there is 1 awesome nail bitter game.  its down to seconds of the score OR just a small amount of health.   You fight hard and win.   All players on BOTH sides thank each other for a great game.   We have all had these.    then the next game your a DD in a CV game.  CV spots you and you spend every last second sitting in smoke hoping he goes away.   He doesn't, rockets your dead.   your team threw a ship or two.    And you lose a star.     This CANCELS out that great game.     you sit back and start questioning your existence.   you set the mouse down and think  "Why did I just play this game last few hours"    So you quit the game.   You open a window realize its 1pm out and you haven't slept.    OMG I need to do things like eat... take a shower..      wait wait wait went on a tangent sorry

[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
1 hour ago, deresistance said:

This is honestly a really good idea.   Love it to be something like this and do away with stars.     The main issue for me is every 20 games of ranked or so there is 1 awesome nail bitter game.  its down to seconds of the score OR just a small amount of health.   You fight hard and win.   All players on BOTH sides thank each other for a great game.   We have all had these.    then the next game your a DD in a CV game.  CV spots you and you spend every last second sitting in smoke hoping he goes away.   He doesn't, rockets your dead.   your team threw a ship or two.    And you lose a star.     This CANCELS out that great game.     you sit back and start questioning your existence.   you set the mouse down and think  "Why did I just play this game last few hours"    So you quit the game.   You open a window realize its 1pm out and you haven't slept.    OMG I need to do things like eat... take a shower..      wait wait wait went on a tangent sorry

For what it's worth, I edited my idea to include the possibility of 10 ranks; one for every 10th percentile, with 10 matching rank names, loosely based on USN ranks, but not 100% accurately.  (Actually, it may be a bit of a mix of the USN and RN rank structures.)  

I just wish more people would read and comment on it.  But thanks for your comments on it.

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
Members
425 posts
20,072 battles
9 hours ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, I edited my idea to include the possibility of 10 ranks; one for every 10th percentile, with 10 matching rank names, loosely based on USN ranks, but not 100% accurately.  (Actually, it may be a bit of a mix of the USN and RN rank structures.)  

I just wish more people would read and comment on it.  But thanks for your comments on it.

Its a great idea but WG seems to not want to change the rank/star system.    I think the core issue is it would cost time and money and they don't make anything on it.   Id love if they would do a survey to see what happens.      some will say the CV rework WG did.. but WG can sell the CVs all over again etc and make money.   Nothing will be gained by redoing the rank system.    As crappy as that sounds. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

It's amusing to see people that still think they can change this player base...:Smile_facepalm: