You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheHunter2_EAD

Akagi if is possible?

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

I know Akagi is another IJN CV that everyone after the Kaga came out. (Some of us are foaming at mouth including me). If is possible to have it as a tier VI?  With load out for the battle of Midway? That would be A6M2, D3A1, & B5N2. 

http://navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_cv_akagi.htm

Some people may not like this idea. But here it goes: Next time WG does another Azur Lane premium bundle can we have this?

If any can find other video's about Akagi combat history. Go ahead and post it.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,340 posts
5,284 battles

I would LOVE for Akagi to be in-game but I really dislike large carriers being stuffed into tier 6 as mini-Kagas just because that's where the planes they historically used were. IMO, Akagi would be an excellent tier 8 candidate in no small part because her sister is already there.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

because her sister is already there.

Akagi and Kaga are unrelated classes. The former originally being planned as an Amagi class battlecruiser, and the latter being planned as a Tosa class battleship.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,340 posts
5,284 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Akagi and Kaga are unrelated classes. The former originally being planned as an Amagi class battlecruiser, and the latter being planned as a Tosa class battleship.

Amagi is the one that I meant. Her sister is Amagi, the tier 8 on the battleship line. Where on earth did I ever say that Akagi's sister was Kaga?

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,584 battles
12 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Now that I think about it a tosa class ship would be a nice premium ship to add 

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
22 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Amagi is the one that I meant. Her sister is Amagi, the tier 8 on the battleship line. Where on earth did I ever say that Akagi's sister was Kaga?

I see. My apologies for misunderstanding. Lumping Akagi and Kaga together as sisters is a common mistake and I came to the wrong conclusion.

Anyway @TheHunter2_EAD

JycgPOL.jpg

Akagi appeared during early alpha testing but never made it out of alpha. I suspect that at this point WG would need to start over with the model and textures, to bring it up to 2019 standards. 

Beta Testers
12 posts
3,129 battles

Now all they need to do is introduce her as a Coal ship, so I can make jokes about how she ate all my coal reserves...

• Cool 1

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles

You know i’m honestly shocked they put in Kaga before Akagi. Not only do we already have Amagi, but apparently Akagi was modeled back in pre release before being replaced with Hiryu. 

[-BSS-]
Members
171 posts
10,912 battles

Since the Kaga is T8 I would assume the Akagi would be as well. I would love to see the Akagi in game especially as part of a battle of midway set.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,120 posts
11,132 battles

Akagi would make a nice tech tree tier 8 in an alternate line.

Hiyo at tier 6

Akagi at tier 8, because that's here she belongs.

Shinano at tier 10, for lack of a better fit, get her to 28 knots, pour some AA guns on her, or use some of the Hak's 40's, with good planes, and she's probably ok.

And you have a line of conversions.

Hiryu at tier 6 (because Shokaku is an improved development of her, and at tier 8 already) use her pearl harbor airwing as she's really a tier 7 CV.

Unryu at tier 8 (more AA and better planes than Hiryu)

Taiho at tier 10, for lack of a better fit, she's really tier 9 material.

And there's another line of CV's.

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, SgtBeltfed said:

Akagi would make a nice tech tree tier 8 in an alternate line.

Hiyo at tier 6

Akagi at tier 8, because that's here she belongs.

Shinano at tier 10, for lack of a better fit, get her to 28 knots, pour some AA guns on her, or use some of the Hak's 40's, with good planes, and she's probably ok.

And you have a line of conversions.

Hiryu at tier 6 (because Shokaku is an improved development of her, and at tier 8 already) use her pearl harbor airwing as she's really a tier 7 CV.

Unryu at tier 8 (more AA and better planes than Hiryu)

Taiho at tier 10, for lack of a better fit, she's really tier 9 material.

And there's another line of CV's.

I would agree.  But Shinano is a dead subject.  I have alternative option for a line: 

Zuiho at tier IV (because that where she belong)

Hiryu or Hiyo at tier VI (agree on what u about said with Hiryu)(On the Hiyo we have Junyo might be coming I don't know when)

might Akagi at tier VIII (because Unryu might higher chance becoming a premium)

Taiho at tier X ( I agree with u on that) 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,257 posts
19,624 battles

What I would do to put Akagi in WoWS and be historical at the same time.  Two possible styles by me:

Akagi in Tier VIII.

Tier VI IJN aircraft, which would be historical.  For example, Akagi was not around for mid-late war planes like the A6M5 Zero.  She had A6M2s, the early war stuff.

A Tier VIII CV with Tier VI IJN planes would lose planes rapidly.

+ Take a page from Enterprise, give Akagi very fast aircraft recovery.  Enterprise for example sports lower tier fighters than Lexington.  Lexi's fighters / rocket planes have a 66 seconds restoration time while Enterprise's are 49 seconds.

+ With only Tier VI planes on a Tier VIII CV, drastically improve her restoration time.  The intent is her air wing is very fragile, especially when fighting in High Tier games with High Tier AA, but the very fast restoration time means she can recuperate better her losses.

Another possible style is Akagi in Tier VI.

Tier VI IJN planes just like Ryujo, appropriate for the early war era Akagi served in.

With having such a large reserve of planes on Akagi compared to Ryujo, you can reign her in with heavy balancing of how her planes behave and heavily worsen the aircraft restoration time.  Akagi would all be about heavy early attacks and sustained operations for a while until the bad aircraft restoration time takes her out of the picture once her larger reserves compapred to Ryujo are gone.

Also, Akagi to have period appropriate paint.  IJN CVs did not adopt camo schemes until very late in 1944.

Image result for carrier akagi

WoWS Kaga has completely wrong aircraft as well as a camo scheme that she ever used.  The only operational Fleet CV the IJN had that had camouflage was Zuikaku in late 1944.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,120 posts
11,132 battles
25 minutes ago, TheHunter2_EAD said:

I would agree.  But Shinano is a dead subject.  I have alternative option for a line: 

Zuiho at tier IV (because that where she belong)

Hiryu or Hiyo at tier VI (agree on what u about said with Hiryu)(On the Hiyo we have Junyo might be coming I don't know when)

might Akagi at tier VIII (because Unryu might higher chance becoming a premium)

Taiho at tier X ( I agree with u on that) 

Don't think adding tier IV CV's is a good idea, it's a miserable tier to play, so, fleshing out tier 6, 8, and 10 seems like a better idea. Zuiho probably needs to go the way of the Bouge and just go away, or turn into a scenario ship which the Bouge might do as well.

Hiryu was already in game, and she was a fine tier 7. Her sort of sister Soryu could also be premium material.

Hiyo would be good in a tech tree, Junyo as a premium for the Kantai fans.

Both Akaki and Unryu could go at tier 8, Unryu's sister Katsuragi would also be premium bait. Akagi could also easily end up as a premium.

The IJN really has almost the CV"s to provide 3 lines of CV's (1 full and 2 sub), thanks to building so many one off carriers. There just isn't any post war CV's for tier 10.

And with what the rework did to CV's, Shinano is viable, if a bit slow. Most of her drawbacks don't really matter in game. She didn't receive Yamato's armor. Just need to give her a solid air wing without gimmicks, unlike the Hak where WG had to give her a gimmick, found that gimmick to be broken, so they just left her with a terrible airwing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

Don't think adding tier IV CV's is a good idea, it's a miserable tier to play, so, fleshing out tier 6, 8, and 10 seems like a better idea. Zuiho probably needs to go the way of the Bouge and just go away, or turn into a scenario ship which the Bouge might do as well.

Hiryu was already in game, and she was a fine tier 7. Her sort of sister Soryu could also be premium material.

Hiyo would be good in a tech tree, Junyo as a premium for the Kantai fans.

Both Akaki and Unryu could go at tier 8, Unryu's sister Katsuragi would also be premium bait. Akagi could also easily end up as a premium.

The IJN really has almost the CV"s to provide 3 lines of CV's (1 full and 2 sub), thanks to building so many one off carriers. There just isn't any post war CV's for tier 10.

And with what the rework did to CV's, Shinano is viable, if a bit slow. Most of her drawbacks don't really matter in game. She didn't receive Yamato's armor. Just need to give her a solid air wing without gimmicks, unlike the Hak where WG had to give her a gimmick, found that gimmick to be broken, so they just left her with a terrible airwing.

At least ur getting idea where we narrow down to. But other players including me are missing Zuiho. With Bouge Some what careless for.  

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What I would do to put Akagi in WoWS and be historical at the same time.  Two possible styles by me:

Akagi in Tier VIII.

Tier VI IJN aircraft, which would be historical.  For example, Akagi was not around for mid-late war planes like the A6M5 Zero.  She had A6M2s, the early war stuff.

A Tier VIII CV with Tier VI IJN planes would lose planes rapidly.

+ Take a page from Enterprise, give Akagi very fast aircraft recovery.  Enterprise for example sports lower tier fighters than Lexington.  Lexi's fighters / rocket planes have a 66 seconds restoration time while Enterprise's are 49 seconds.

+ With only Tier VI planes on a Tier VIII CV, drastically improve her restoration time.  The intent is her air wing is very fragile, especially when fighting in High Tier games with High Tier AA, but the very fast restoration time means she can recuperate better her losses.

Another possible style is Akagi in Tier VI.

Tier VI IJN planes just like Ryujo, appropriate for the early war era Akagi served in.

With having such a large reserve of planes on Akagi compared to Ryujo, you can reign her in with heavy balancing of how her planes behave and heavily worsen the aircraft restoration time.  Akagi would all be about heavy early attacks and sustained operations for a while until the bad aircraft restoration time takes her out of the picture once her larger reserves compapred to Ryujo are gone.

Also, Akagi to have period appropriate paint.  IJN CVs did not adopt camo schemes until very late in 1944.

Image result for carrier akagi

WoWS Kaga has completely wrong aircraft as well as a camo scheme that she ever used.  The only operational Fleet CV the IJN had that had camouflage was Zuikaku in late 1944.

Same here

Members
142 posts
3,546 battles

You want to include Akagi now while carriers are still a colossal embarrassment to ensure no one buys it?

Edited by Springfield_Fats

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
4 hours ago, Springfield_Fats said:

now while carriers are still a colossal embarrassment

I don't know what u are talking about. I'm getting better at using the new controls. And I will buy it just like Ark Royal.