You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mcgibe

Why was my armory ship coupon recharge time increased?

20 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles

So I logged onto WOWS today and got a message saying that my armory ship coupon reload date was increased from tomorrow to the 25th. Now It's only a 3 day increase which I can live with, but I just have to ask why this happened? I'm not angry at all, it's just a bit inconvenient for me.

@Radar_X @Gneisenau013 is it ok if you could let me know why this is? Again, I'm not mad, I'm just a bit confused.

• Boring 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,492 battles

It hasn’t been delayed. Read the in-game notice.

They have “extended” your old coupon, which is sooooo much better, don’t you know.

I’m being sarcastic. Not at you, but at WG clumsiness.

[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles
5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

They have “extended” your old coupon, which is sooooo much better, don’t you know.

It just feels inconvenient. I'm flying out on vacation on Monday so it's a bit annoying for me. Again, I don't want special treatment for expressing my inconvenience with the move, I'm just wondering why

• Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,492 battles
2 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

It just feels inconvenient. I'm flying out on vacation on Monday so it's a bit annoying for me. Again, I don't want special treatment for expressing my inconvenience with the move, I'm just wondering why

Probably because when they publicized the renewal date six months ago, it was beyond their wildest imaginings that they could figure out in advance that the date meant a Saturday release.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
28 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

So I logged onto WOWS today and got a message saying that my armory ship coupon reload date was increased from tomorrow to the 25th ....

There were several earlier posts on this ... I think most are combined by now

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/194156-psa-ship-coupon-renewal-on-25th-instead-of-22nd-as-of-today-nope-26th-now-because/

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles

I think in the past they generally released them on patch days. The date now coincides with the patch day. I also cant help but to wonder if they are going to release Yoshino simply because two coal ships and 1 coupon might mean people reach for their wallets to get both.

[DYNO]
Members
253 posts
8,980 battles

The extension lets people farm until the end of the current ranked season which could make a difference on steel purchases.

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

INB4 WG changes the armory coal/steel ship lineup next patch

[CAG-1]
Members
1,791 posts

I kinda thought the coupon was of little value. Steel (and even coal to a degree) is so bloody expensive that I've stopped even attempting to get steel ships.

Most of the coal ships up to T8 or lower I think I already have. I want that Nuestrashimy or the Black lol... someday maybe... in 2022...

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
498 posts
12,916 battles
2 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, for me, I have been waiting for 4 months for this coupon which is slated to arrive, per the client, on 6/22. Since I am coupon-less at the moment it is a delay. And to find out the day before I am due to get just puts a bad taste in my mouth about the process. So now I have to wait longer to get the Georgia at the discount.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
498 posts
12,916 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Probably because when they publicized the renewal date six months ago, it was beyond their wildest imaginings that they could figure out in advance that the date meant a Saturday release.

Well, why wouldn't you want it on a weekend, so people can buy their ships, figure upgrades, captain skills, etc.?

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,492 battles
2 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Well, why wouldn't you want it on a weekend, so people can buy their ships, figure upgrades, captain skills, etc.?

Apparently, you CAN have it on a weekend, just hold it until next weekend.

I’ve never seen WG release something new on a weekend. Ships generally release on Fridays. Updates used to hit on Thursdays, now it’s Wednesdays.

You seem to have quoted my very plain statement statement of sarcasm, and who it was directed at, without reading it. I’m not making excuses for WG, I’m throwing dog poo at them.

Members
245 posts
6,367 battles

So they are giving me three more days to use the coupon I used three months ago?, while not letting me use the coupon I need to finally get the Flint? In the same sprit I think  I will Delay their next "opportunity" to sell me premium time.

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
7 hours ago, mcgibe said:

So I logged onto WOWS today and got a message saying that my armory ship coupon reload date was increased from tomorrow to the 25th. Now It's only a 3 day increase which I can live with, but I just have to ask why this happened? I'm not angry at all, it's just a bit inconvenient for me.

@Radar_X @Gneisenau013 is it ok if you could let me know why this is? Again, I'm not mad, I'm just a bit confused.

I was wondering this myself. I had a new coupon I was supposed to recieve on the 22nd and I look today and I will not get the new coupon till the 25th now.

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
5 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

The extension lets people farm until the end of the current ranked season which could make a difference on steel purchases.

The extension prolongs the renewal of the coupon for those that had already used them. This is what the OP is talking about I believe.

[DYNO]
Members
253 posts
8,980 battles

@Vaffu You are correct. My point was, if you haven't used it yet, it doesn't reset until the ranked season ends, extending the time you can farm steel and make a purchase on the current coupon before it resets.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
11 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

I think this is the most sensible reason I have yet heard. Possibly they also looked at people's coal and steel figures and realised that a whole bunch of people were incredibly close and could make it to a particular ship with their current coupons if they just had a few more days.

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles
13 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think this is the most sensible reason I have yet heard. Possibly they also looked at people's coal and steel figures and realised that a whole bunch of people were incredibly close and could make it to a particular ship with their current coupons if they just had a few more days.

There’s also the fact that the last leg of the month-long series of missions chains started yesterday and runs through the 28th. The reward for completion is 10k coal, which will likely push many players over a threshold to purchase a ship. I know if I hadn’t used my coupon previously to get Salem I’d have enough for Jean Bart or Georgia.

However, I suspect the most likely reason is WG simply wants it to drop on patch day for technical reasons. I expect this will be the recurring case going forward, with changes being made (hopefully not this late, though) given the somewhat fluid update schedule.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
498 posts
12,916 battles
14 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

And they couldn't think of that until the day before, really?

[AFW]
Beta Testers
1,737 posts
18,501 battles

Really a bad move. Read the calendar for god sakes, only time it ever changes is for Leap Year! Players knew the deadline was 6\22 so for these that haven't obtained that haven't gotten need coal or steel should be SOL. I felt they should give everyone a coupon for the 6/22 and another on 6/26. This no prior notice is a bunch of crap and should have been changed in the armory when changed, not on the eve of the new coupon! I did try starting a ticket to get both coupons but they didn't go for it. It would also be nice to know upcoming release ship dates and what resource they're for so I can decide to get a steel or coal ship now or wait for just prior to the release of a new coupon. would hate to waste it on a soso coal ship only to find a steel ship I really wanted show up. The duration for Armoy ship coupons are way to long in my opinion as I am looking at one of each now.