Anonymous50

8.6 CV's in Co-op - Preliminary Information

89 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,261 posts
6,886 battles

Now, players may encounter bot-operated aircraft carriers in Co-op battles even if no ships of this type are captained by real players. A bot-operated aircraft carrier is also added if there is an aircraft carrier captained by a player.

So Co-Op CV games - where you don't have a CV on your side.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
4 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

This will re-spice the forum.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles

HELL YEAH!

LightheartedEasyHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

Edit to add:

Hell

F---ing

Yeah

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,524 battles
47 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yay more xp.

Is it though. From what I gather planes down does not reward as well as it once did?

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
57 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

They’ll either be completely worthless, or OP bots hacks because of ‘programming necessary to make the bots competitive.’

IOW; perfect weapon drops, perfect AA dodging, perfect F key spam, AP citadels, fires, and floodings galore.

Not exactly looking forward to their return.

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Is it though. From what I gather planes down does not reward as well as it once did?

The achievements are currently inactive; that may be what you heard/mean.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,524 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

They’ll either be completely worthless, or OP bots hacks because of ‘programming necessary to make the bots competitive.’

IOW; perfect weapon drops, perfect AA dodging, perfect F key spam, AP citadels, fires, and floodings galore.

Not exactly looking forward to their return.

The achievements are currently inactive; that may be what you heard/mean.

No, I heard it does not reward (ie; XP/Credits type rewards) as well shooting them down as it once did.

Members
919 posts
33,307 battles

They did 2 very good thing: removed those CV from competitive (for now at least) and unnerfed yoyo. This is very big and very positive. On the other hand they nerfing Daring and Chung Mu... well, I guess they have to nerf something after all.

As Blackbeard said: "If I don't kill a man every now and then, they forget who I am."

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
591 posts
16,691 battles

Looking forward to seeing red CVs in co-op again

de0.gif

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Funny 1

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

Add them to ops !!! I want my variety back in ops already not that I mind not having them there . you can now add the rest of the ops like Raptor and even Cherry blossom. Bring back all of them already please!!!.

Edited by Versili
  • Cool 5

[HINON]
Members
11,207 posts
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

More than you get currently as you will be able to shoot planes down and damage the CV.

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

A bot CV with infinite planes that strikes the same person again and again, with BOT precision... what could go wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SIGG]
Members
44 posts
2,121 battles
6 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

A bot CV with infinite planes that strikes the same person again and again, with BOT precision... what could go wrong.

Lol!!!

what-could-possibly-go-wrong_o_5802169-1.jpg

• Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
971 posts
30,990 battles
35 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Bot CVs always liked to pick 1 ship till it was dead and they had a thing for slow BBs.

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
18 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Bot CVs always liked to pick 1 ship till it was dead and they had a thing for slow BBs.

Or destroyers...

...but real players seem to as well, so I guess that’s good?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
7 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

I only pray they do that to my ships, I'd like to get all the aircraft kills instead of anyone else getting any.

I have tons of AA ships, AA Cruisers, AA Destroyers, AA Battleships that I have never removed their AA Spec from.

I

AM

READY

You know what's even better?  Engine Boosting Georgia to sail right up with the Destroyers.  I'm positive the Bot CV will go after me, and my AA will profit as a result :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles
8 hours ago, Versili said:

Add them to ops !!! I want my variety back in ops already not that I mind not having them there . you can now add the rest of the ops like Raptor and even Cherry blossom. Bring back all of them already please!!!.

This, all they way! I want more Ops!

Please.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
13 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Maybe not, but at least we will get to feast on the carrier at the end.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe not, but at least we will get to feast on the carrier at the end.

Good AA guns need exercise.  It'll be fun!

22 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The reward is padding the ribbon bar and watching planes' smokey trails splash into the water.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,940 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, cecill611 said:

The old bot CV's also had a thing for US CA's and CL's, lol.   You could make a rather pretty penny simply by blowing ridiculous numbers of planes out of the sky!

In a match full of Meh AA BB's and DD's, my AA spec BUFFALO is the ship you're going to obsess over?   Okayyy.   He did no damage to me; I nearly stripped him of planes.  Even better, his cruiser buddies spent the match showing me thier broadsides, lol.   That was an epic game!

[WOLF9]
Members
3,940 posts

To be honest, given WG's history with over tuned bots  (or completely useless ones)  I'm not looking forward to the return of CV's.  In particular since they gutted the AA capability of a lot of my favorite ships.

I'm expecting they'll either be laughably bad- or they'll be God-like OP- with not much in between.   If it's the latter, I do believe I may just retire.   BB's are nearly obsolete in most matches as it is...  (With CA's not far behind)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
4 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

To be honest, given WG's history with over tuned bots  (or completely useless ones)  I'm not looking forward to the return of CV's.  In particular since they gutted the AA capability of a lot of my favorite ships.

I'm expecting they'll either be laughably bad- or they'll be God-like OP- with not much in between.   If it's the latter, I do believe I may just retire.   BB's are nearly obsolete in most matches as it is...  (With CA's not far behind)

I doubt it.  The current AA system isn't good like the previous one, but it does punish severely straight line flying.  Bots make a straight line to attack in all things they do.  I am not worried one bit and I am eager for their arrival.

The AI can't even sail Destroyers, Cruisers, etc. properly and just sail them right to us until they're dead.

Destroyers don't stay concealed and Stealth Torp.

Cruisers don't Kite.

Battleships that specialize in ranged combat YOLO rush us until they're dead.

Let me know once the bots in this game do sophisticated movements.  Because right now they all suck and I even see tons of them get themselves stuck in the middle of channels or between islands.

So I highly doubt these bot planes know how to weave, etc. like Carrier players will try.  I doubt they will "Slingshot."

I am not worried about aircraft at all.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles

Last night in RANDOMS, I had 31 planes fly to their deaths in my Baltimore's AA. I guess the carrier player (T8) got careless, or dropped a fighter CAP where he should not have. We lost, but I feasted on planes and so did the Cleveland who just beat me out for top spot.

Bot CVs are not going to be that good.

The only thing the bots do well is cheat - they miraculously dodge torpedoes, launch them after they have exploded, and angle in spooky tune to your ammo choices. But that's all they've got, because otherwise they're dumb as a box of hammers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
1,563 posts
6,033 battles

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that adding CV's back to co-op is step 1 towards adding CVs/aircraft back into the operations that are currently sidelined.  Put them in co-op, see what happens.  Make changes, see what happens.

One can only hope!  I miss Dynamo, Ultimate Frontier and Cherry Blossom.

[IXM]
Members
498 posts
2,549 battles

Not looking forward to this. Co-op is one of the last bastions of hope for this game. I think others are correct in assuming the bots will either be stupidly OP or just useless. WG really is the no fun police this year. I don't like CVs, I don't want to play in a game with them, I refuse to accept them into my gaming experience. They're pure cancer and that's it.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2