You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Belfast - man it's been a long time

75 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Photographed at my ultra secret ocean base....

shot-19_06.21_15_36.26-0401.thumb.jpg.6715e479839647753f932d09bfc972da.jpg

Yes, some may call her Payfast but that's a low blow really. She's just one of the jewels in the crown of the WoWS premium fleet. 

But wow am I out of practice with her... all her commanders have long moved on and up... all the high point commanders now command carriers. Her sister cruisers have been mothballed or sold to other nations... she looks a bit long in the tooth. 

Where's the maintenance guys - she needs a new paint job! 

I'm laughing though... I only managed 38k in a match. We lost but only cause we got out capped at the start. We were winning at the end..  you know, the old "one more minute and..." routine. But she brought back a lot of fun memories.

The "cat and mouse" games you can play with her are silly fun. Her guns? Yowmee... like em. She's probably the only ship (other than Salem) where I can fire HE salvos and have a pretty darn good assurance they'll land on target. 

So if you see me out and about in her, dorking about, don't be too critical. It'll take me a few matches to get back into the swing of things with her. 

But we all got to get ready for this speed rank thing, right? 

• Boring 4

[THOR]
Members
293 posts
4,614 battles

Been a long time also time for a shakedown cruise.

Belfast.thumb.JPG.7ce5bb84de24518e40db63ee1ab8facd.JPG

[ADPT2]
[ADPT2]
Members
883 posts
2,502 battles
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yes, some may call her Payfast but that's a low blow really. She's just one of the jewels in the crown of the WoWS premium fleet. 

But wow am I out of practice with her... all her commanders have long moved on and up... all the high point commanders now command carriers. Her sister cruisers have been mothballed or sold to other nations... she looks a bit long in the tooth. 

I'm laughing though... I only managed 38k in a match. We lost but only cause we got out capped at the start. We were winning at the end..  you know, the old "one more minute and..." routine. But she brought back a lot of fun memories.

The "cat and mouse" games you can play with her are silly fun. Her guns? Yowmee... like em. She's probably the only ship (other than Salem) where I can fire HE salvos and have a pretty darn good assurance they'll land on target. 

So if you see me out and about in her, dorking about, don't be too critical. It'll take me a few matches to get back into the swing of things with her. 

Too bad WG will not let anyone else have one.  I do not think it's right to offer ships to some people and not others.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts

The changes to firing from smoke for cruisers and BBs probably removed at least part of the reason to stop selling that ship.

• Cool 1

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles
24 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

My pretty lady say hello to both of you pretty ladies.

image.thumb.png.a5ce7f966e3e0339da7935694af8f668.png

• Cool 1

Members
1,749 posts
14,989 battles

Have to say, one of the funnest ships in the game.   New CV meta has taken a bit of the shine off, exit strategy when the smoke dissipates can be a problem when planes are in the air around you, but still a ship that I play regularly (out of my 150 ships).  Enjoy, will try to burn your camo a bit if I see you “red-ding” around in randoms 

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles
Just now, VonSmallHausenn said:

...no ship should have radar and smoke consumable together.....  does it have hydro too ??? 

I have no idea what you speak of... =P

image.thumb.png.70c6a48a4cdf1f74f53ca314d3210ce0.png

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
3 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I have no idea what you speak of... =P

image.thumb.png.70c6a48a4cdf1f74f53ca314d3210ce0.png

..right... radar...hydro...smoke... AP and HE rounds...... in tier 7  ??? Darn close to game breaking. That's why they don't sell it anymore.....

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Funny 1

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles
2 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Was not Atlanta the same,,, having able to mount smoke and radar in the same time,,before they nerfed it ?

not that i remember

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

hello hello payfast group

Long time without play with

image.thumb.png.7f450a689288070e5740e3bfb40a7bed.png

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts
16 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Too bad WG will not let anyone else have one.  I do not think it's right to offer ships to some people and not others.

Offer? Huh? It was available for sale. Absolutely anyone and everyone could buy it for quite a while. They pulled it from the store but now you have the Xmas gambling crates with a super slim but measurable chance that they might drop one for you. 

Its not like the steel ships which are “more balanced” than any line ship and continue to inflate in price faster than folks are slowly able to acquire the means to buy one.

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts
5 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Was not Atlanta the same,,, having able to mount smoke and radar in the same time,,before they nerfed it ?

Flint... 5x better than Atlanta.

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

not that i remember

....by the way....i used to have a love affair with the Adriatic sea............too far nowadays,,but still gets my heart pounding ... :-(  

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles

Hvala!
When was last time to the area ?

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Hvala!
When was last time to the area ?

summer of 2001,,,,,,,, did not get down to Split, stayed up around Krk, Rab, Losinj ,,,,,

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
18 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Atlanta radar.

Flint smoke.

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles
3 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

summer of 2001,,,,,,,, did not get down to Split, stayed up around Krk, Rab, Losinj ,,,,,

Ahh, well our country was not doing so well 2001, still coming back from war, but I think Things much better now, less holes in buildings and such , LOL ...I should not joke, but it is all we can do with those times, now.

I think You would like things now. Less Srbs LOL

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
25 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

...no ship should have radar and smoke consumable together.....  does it have hydro too ??? 

Perth has smoke, hydro and a spotter... at tier 6.   Not quite as good as radar at penetrating smoke, but longer duration on both. 

[CSALT]
Members
1,001 posts
29 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Ahh, well our country was not doing so well 2001, still coming back from war, but I think Things much better now, less holes in buildings and such , LOL ...I should not joke, but it is all we can do with those times, now.

I think You would like things now. Less Srbs LOL

Dubrovnik is a spectacular place to visit.

As for the OP and thr Belfast.  I have one I've never taken out of port.  Came in a Christmas crate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
2 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Dubrovnik is a spectacular place to visit.

As for the OP and thr Belfast.  I have one I've never taken out of port.  Came in a Christmas crate.

Shame you can't send it to me, I'd love to try one out. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,783 posts
8,653 battles

I keep forgetting I have mine.  I guess it's time to take it out for a spin a again.  It is a fun ship.

Members
190 posts
1,004 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I mean, Perth exists.