Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eate_Purple

A player accusing me of TK-ing them

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[EATE]
[EATE]
Members
20 posts

Hi all, this is a repost with player names blurred. I was just in a battle (in fact, my first in the Murmansk, so a rather bad battle for me), and a player started accusing our team of attacking them. When I called them out on it, showing that their HP was completely full (and was so for the whole battle), they started accusing me (note: when I showed that they were lying, they stopped accusing our team as a whole and only accused me) of almost killing them. In fact, I was on the other flank, and (of course) did not attack them. Here's a screenshot.

Warships-TK-Accuser.thumb.png.4383f66de52c31d9ec23fa0a0f10e22e.png

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,122
[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

No idea why you'd even bother to engage a child like that. There will always be trolls and twits, responding to them simply gives them what they want...attention.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[EATE]
[EATE]
Members
20 posts
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

No idea why you'd even bother to engage a child like that. There will always be trolls and twits, responding to them simply gives them what they want...attention.

So that I showed that I did not do anything. It didn't work, since I was reported twice after the battle anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

I had a game where a battleship (sailing broadside to the enemy) and I made some minor contact, nothing meaningful.   Not 10-15 seconds later, he takes a full dev strike and explodes, proceeds to blame me in chat for rest of the game for TKing him with our minor contact, claiming that he fired and hit me (I was behind him) and got killed from the reflect damage...

Some people are just too stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
[WOLFG]
Members
6,000 posts
3,853 battles

What they did (as shown in the picture) I don't think violates the EULA.  I am not sure that submitting a ticket would even do much.

Being a goober doesn't violate the agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,447
[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What they did (as shown in the picture) I don't think violates the EULA.  I am not sure that submitting a ticket would even do much.

Being a goober doesn't violate the agreement.

If it did there would be about 11 people left on the servers.

And I would really miss the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
[WOLFG]
Members
6,000 posts
3,853 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

If it did there would be about 11 people left on the servers.

And I would really miss the game.

I'm not certain I'd be one of the 11.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,115 posts
6,266 battles
15 minutes ago, Eate_Purple said:

So that I showed that I did not do anything. It didn't work, since I was reported twice after the battle anyway.

Reporting doesn't matter. Particularly if you didn't actually do anything. At most you'll get a short chat ban.

Like all multiplayer games this one contains the usual mixture of idiots and trolls plus a few genuine psychos. You just gotta roll with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
714
[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Reporting doesn't matter. Particularly if you didn't actually do anything.

@Eate_Purple Yep, not even worth your time to worry about ... forget about it, move on and have a good day. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,150
[CRMSN]
Members
8,383 posts
8,996 battles
26 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'm not certain I'd be one of the 11.

I know for a fact I wouldn't be one of them. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[5D]
Members
2,826 posts
17,489 battles
38 minutes ago, Eate_Purple said:

So that I showed that I did not do anything. It didn't work, since I was reported twice after the battle anyway.

There's a mute button for a reason. Use it in the future with guys like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,132
[SALVO]
Members
21,719 posts
22,030 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

I had a game where a battleship (sailing broadside to the enemy) and I made some minor contact, nothing meaningful.   Not 10-15 seconds later, he takes a full dev strike and explodes, proceeds to blame me in chat for rest of the game for TKing him with our minor contact, claiming that he fired and hit me (I was behind him) and got killed from the reflect damage...

Some people are just too stupid.

Not disputing what you've written, Zenn, but if that BB did turn pink after you two bumped, it is possible that damage reflected back on him.  But even if it did, it was still his fault for nor looking where he was firing his guns.  AND it was also his fault for being in a state where a mere friendly bump would turn him pink and vulnerable to reflected damage in the first place.  While you may have bumped him, you did NOT do all the other team damage that he had to have done to get him to the point of this.

And, yes, that also doesn't account for the possibility that he was actually dev struck by an enemy.  

The stupid thing is that he'd know exactly how he died by looking at page 3 of his after action report, in the damage taken subsection.  But that may be too much work for someone like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not disputing what you've written, Zenn, but if that BB did turn pink after you two bumped, it is possible that damage reflected back on him.  But even if it did, it was still his fault for nor looking where he was firing his guns.  AND it was also his fault for being in a state where a mere friendly bump would turn him pink and vulnerable to reflected damage in the first place.  While you may have bumped him, you did NOT do all the other team damage that he had to have done to get him to the point of this.

And, yes, that also doesn't account for the possibility that he was actually dev struck by an enemy.  

The stupid thing is that he'd know exactly how he died by looking at page 3 of his after action report, in the damage taken subsection.  But that may be too much work for someone like him.

He didn't turn pink, nobody was pink.     He didn't hit me with his guns at all (as he claimed he did) because his guns were pointing the other direction, he fired on the ship that killed him just before he exploded.    He was dev struck, it popped up in the feed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,224 posts
6,040 battles
2 hours ago, Eate_Purple said:

So that I showed that I did not do anything. It didn't work, since I was reported twice after the battle anyway.

I guess I'd just point out to them that I'm obviously not doing that good of a job of TKing them from the other side of the map and recommend that it would really help of they'd sail closer, move in nice straight lines and give you a few flat broadsides to work with.  

Problem solved. :Smile_great:

Note:  This is not an attempt to advocate TKing but it would be interesting to see their reactions. :crab:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
190 posts
1,004 battles
2 hours ago, Eate_Purple said:

Hi all, this is a repost with player names blurred. I was just in a battle (in fact, my first in the Murmansk, so a rather bad battle for me), and a player started accusing our team of attacking them. When I called them out on it, showing that their HP was completely full (and was so for the whole battle), they started accusing me (note: when I showed that they were lying, they stopped accusing our team as a whole and only accused me) of almost killing them. In fact, I was on the other flank, and (of course) did not attack them. Here's a screenshot.

Warships-TK-Accuser.thumb.png.4383f66de52c31d9ec23fa0a0f10e22e.png

I'd try to be humorous than outright engage them how you did.

As a CV main currently, you'd be surprised how often i have to deal with this. Particularly if someone gets into a brawl in a Battleship and he makes an errant turn during a torpedo attack (one particular example where he would have been perfectly safe holding his course but he slowed down and turned out so I Bismarck'd him by an accident, then accused me of killing him, even though his maneuver put him broad to a Sinop at knife range.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,823 battles
3 hours ago, Eate_Purple said:

Hi all, this is a repost with player names blurred.

A couple months ago I had a guy go ballistic at me for hitting him with torps. But I didn't hit him with torps. And my name wasn't pink, and after watching the replays my torps never got closer than 2km to him. But man... was he insistent. Fully raging... demanding everyone report me, etc. He got nuked by a Missouri btw... Poor kid, I hope his mom gave him a snickers.

Edited by TheArc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,737
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,896 posts
15,574 battles

I double cit'd a cruiser once...drop him to about 10%HP in the first minute or so of a match.  I was in a BB, but was shooting undetected...so it was a blind salvo form the CA perspective.  It just so happened he was getting attacked by rocket planes at the same instant my shells hit.  His conclusion was the CV rocket planes had done the damage.  Oh the salt and colorful language he was spewing on the CV captain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
3 hours ago, Eate_Purple said:

So that I showed that I did not do anything. It didn't work, since I was reported twice after the battle anyway.

seems like the ONLY one who cares about this is you, Why you would even bring this to the forums instead of just Muting the player and moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[GIR]
Members
78 posts
16,222 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 3:29 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

There's a mute button for a reason. Use it in the future with guys like that.

Mute in game doesn't stop them during the battle. Out of a game it does pr maybe it's pinging the map could be both idk  but I do know there is an issue about it. I have turn this issue in  to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[5D]
Members
2,826 posts
17,489 battles
19 hours ago, Capt_Charr said:

Mute in game doesn't stop them during the battle. Out of a game it does pr maybe it's pinging the map could be both idk  but I do know there is an issue about it. I have turn this issue in  to support.

Mute in game eliminates all typed messages from that player, I've used it many times and it works. Unfortunately it still does not eliminate the F key spam or map pings from those muted players.

To eliminate contact out of the game you would have to select the blacklist option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles

I had a game today where a player sailed straight into the enemy fleet, didn't even try to fight, just got sank and the entire time, and for the rest of the match after that went off on a pro-communism, anti-American, anti-capitalist tirade in chat.

Some people behave strangely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[SFROG]
Beta Testers
102 posts
5,936 battles

I did torp a friendly this weekend.  In the southern dragon working on the IJN mission.  Knew I shouldn't have torped, did anyway, totally my fault - bad decision.  Having made the bad decision, I warned the two teammates who were near the line of fire to watch out for my torps.  A gniess turned in and ate one for 6k hp.  Apologized but he was adamant I killed him - yes I !@$(* up, but it was 6k dmg on a gniess (no flood), and my torp neither killed him nor cost him the other 90% of his HP.  Sorry to that guy, and that I did shorten your game due to my bad decision.  Still a 1600 base xp game, and I worked my pink off like a good boy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×