You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Pan-Asian DDs: Slight buff to YY, hefty chop to Chung Mu

35 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
1,501 posts
8,765 battles

Devblog Says:

Pan-Asian destroyer Chung Mu, tier IX:

• Main battery guns reload time increased from 3.3 to 3.5 s;
  • Torpedo tubes reload time increased from 106 to 122 s.

Pan-Asian destroyer Yueyang, tier X:

• Torpedo tubes reload time lowered from 156 to 146 s.

After the changes to Yueyang in the update 0.7.11 this destroyer was balanced with classmates in terms of impacting the battle, but Chung Mu was superior to other tier IX destroyers in battle efficiency. The changes will balance these Pan-Asian ships with other destroyers considering the changes to the game after the 0.7.11 update.

Translation:

1. We over-nerfed Yueyang.

2. Okay but we can't admit we messed up and over-nerfed it.  So we'll say after we changed it it was balanced.  But then it... sort of... unbalanced all on its own.  So we'll throw you a little bone here.  Still... don't try to gunfight a Gearing or anything.  Can't have that.

3. We noticed that the few of you still playing Pan Asian DDs were tending to stop more at Chung Mu.  Like Fletcher versus Gearing, an argument can be made that the T9 ship is superior... and that's before the nerfs.  Post YY-nerf a lot of you were saying Chung Mu was straight up better... so we're nerfing it too.  

4. We hope you all get the message here, we'd hate to see anything bad happen to Hsienyang.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 15

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

Why????

Chung Mu only hope vs another DD was it's guns.... heaven forbid it's as good as Jutlands ROF....

Why 2 min on deepwater?????

YY, yes that 10 seconds makes it much better.....

No matter what you do, this ship is regulated to burning and torping capital ships. You cannot even hope to win a gunfight vs a half competent shimmy driver.....

Keep the nerfed torps, give us ROF back..... OR RELOAD BOOSTER LIKE FRENCH.

Only reason I have her still is the permanent cammo I bought for her....

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,501 posts
8,765 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Chung Mu only hope vs another DD was it's guns.... heaven forbid it's as good as Jutlands ROF....

Good news!  They're nerfing Jutland's ROF too!

British destroyer Jutland, tier IX:

• Main battery guns reload time increased from 3.5 to 4 s.

Laughs in Kitakaze

Edited by Brhinosaurus

Beta Testers
1,952 posts
10,762 battles

OK. Which one of you in Chung Mu schooled the same WG employee who was rekt by a YY?

[FF]
Members
268 posts
9,053 battles
31 minutes ago, chewonit said:

OK. Which one of you in Chung Mu schooled the same WG employee who was rekt by a YY?

Lol, my clanmate had the same theory about the YY nerf

[USFF]
Members
429 posts
6,903 battles

Yeah, at this point the Pan Asian DD line seems to be on life support. WG needs to rethink these ships because no one seems to be playing them. I regret ever grinding this ship line. 

• Cool 1

[MTP]
Beta Testers
45 posts
13,060 battles

Everyone seems to forget that they can not torp other DD's so the guns are their only defense against other DD's that are torping and high speed gunning them.

Members
18 posts
3,559 battles

Give tier 8 and up a heal then. You are really gimped in these boats fighting another DD in randoms. It's one of the toughest DDs to play in randoms.

• Cool 1

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles
48 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I wonder how quickly this’ll be forgotten when French DDs come out with their no smoke having, beret wearing, thin mustached fools. 

I think undertuned DDs is going to be a very hot topic when the French DD are released. That whole line is looking DOA. 

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
2,858 posts
12,043 battles
18 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Good news!  They're nerfing Jutland's ROF too!

Laughs in Kitakaze

This brings Daring's DPM on the chopping block as well.  The real issue both Daring and Jutland never needed repair party IMO.  Drop the repair its sketchy on DDs with how strong it makes them, I'd rather have the DPM, decent concealment.

Yue Yang and Chung Mu's nerfs are a travesty.  Nerf the torp reload to balance them, nerfing the guns you just force these ships out of good positions because they are not able to contest space against most other DDs.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles
20 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

3. We noticed that the few of you still playing Pan Asian DDs were tending to stop more at Chung Mu.  Like Fletcher versus Gearing, an argument can be made that the T9 ship is superior... and that's before the nerfs.  Post YY-nerf a lot of you were saying Chung Mu was straight up better... so we're nerfing it too. 

Yep, WG is nerfing the Chung Mu because players are stopping there and not grinding the YY.  WG wants players at T10 where almost everyone needs to spend money to be able to play.

BTW, here are the numbers for the YY before the week before the nerf, and last week, NA sever.  As you can see WG was grossly heavy-handed.

Games Played WR XP Average Damage Kills Survival
YY Per Nerf 4,484 52.75% 1,516 53,643 0.84 37.52%
YY Last Week 886 43.82% 1,398 45,757 0.55 32.06%

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yep, WG is nerfing the Chung Mu because players are stopping there and not grinding the YY.  WG wants players at T10 where almost everyone needs to spend money to be able to play.

BTW, here are the numbers for the YY before the week before the nerf, and last week, NA sever.  As you can see WG was grossly heavy-handed.

I called the nerf to CM when YY got nerfed, and the YY nerf - and the completely incomprehensible reasons for it given - were the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Gadja Mada is the best ship in the line now. The only reason it hasn't been nerfed yet is because T7 doesn't matter in the esports epeen measuring thing WG wants to play in. YY was a monster in clan battles, and somehow an afterthought ship in a thrown together line COULD NOT be allowed to be the best ship in the premiere aspect of the game. 

The YY was strong in clan fights because it could use the radar teamed with other ships. Not a thing in randoms. But WG was embarrassed that THE ship that was the DD face of the game to the esports world wasn't Soviet, American or even Japanese. Korean? Really? 

So never mind the thousands of players that were enjoying being just competent in it in randoms. F* them. the epeen thing, that's the ticket. 

Edited by Thornir
  • Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,501 posts
8,765 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Oof.  That's rough.  It's probably a compound effect.  They nerf it, so it gets bad, so the stats go down.  Then, the players who are motivated to win and knowledgeable about which ships give them the best chance to do so, stop playing it because it's bad.  So now you've got a bad ship only being played by bad players, players that don't much care if they win or not, and masochists.

[IXM]
Members
498 posts
2,549 battles

I've sold my Fushun after hearing this. I was going to try and get the Chung Mu, but hey, WG doesn't want anyone to play them I suppose. It's ok, that gives me 2+ million credits for other ships. I have to wonder that if the PA DD's were Russian, this would all be very different.

[FAE]
Members
2,364 posts
2,886 battles

Okay, WG. You want me to boycott the game for the next year after I've already stopped for 6 months. Okay. 

This is literally like slapping a burn. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

The handling of the crown jewels of the PADD Line is crazy.  I haven't seen a line have such sharp peaks and valleys.  When new, Chung Mu and Yueyang were monsters.  Now... yeesh...

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The handling of the crown jewels of the PADD Line is crazy.  I haven't seen a line have such sharp peaks and valleys.  When new, Chung Mu and Yueyang were monsters.  Now... yeesh...

YY was a monster In clan battles. If, pre-nerf, you looked at the percentile win rates, they were astronomical at the top, offsetting a very low bottom half. I was barely in the top 50th at 55%. They screwed the ship up because elite players were cleaning up with it in clan fights.  And again, it’s not Soviet. Can’t have that. 

Deducting 10 seconds from torp reload on a DWT ship fixes nothing. Rolling the gun reload back to match Gearing would have been a step in the right direction, but we wouldn’t want to really buff it now would we?

Took longer to get to CM, because no one really cares about what happens at T9. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
3 minutes ago, Thornir said:

YY was a monster In clan battles. If, pre-nerf, you looked at the percentile win rates, they were astronomical at the top, offsetting a very low bottom half. I was barely in the top 50th at 55%. They screwed the ship up because elite players were cleaning up with it in clan fights.  And again, it’s not Soviet. Can’t have that. 

Deducting 10 seconds from torp reload on a DWT ship fixes nothing. Rolling the gun reload back to match Gearing would have been a step in the right direction, but we wouldn’t want to really buff it now would we?

Took longer to get to CM, because no one really cares about what happens at T9. 

I'd imagine WG would have better tools than we do to see stats and where they're coming from, i.e. padded a lot by better players, especially when a Line is new.

Hell, when RN BBs were new, WG was very specific and detailed in the nerfs to Conqueror (remember her quick cooldown super heals and North Carolina level of stealth? :Smile_trollface:).  They had all kinds of stats they presented, stuff we'd never see in the stat sites we can visit.  They can even tell who was targeting what.  I thought it was a good way to handle Conqueror.  But then we got the handling of Yueyang.

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts

Well you won't have the situation where the T9 is clearly better than the Tier 10 anymore.

Why haven't they touched the radar? That was always the issue.

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'd imagine WG would have better tools than we do to see stats and where they're coming from, i.e. padded a lot by better players, especially when a Line is new.

Hell, when RN BBs were new, WG was very specific and detailed in the nerfs to Conqueror (remember her quick cooldown super heals and North Carolina level of stealth? :Smile_trollface:).  They had all kinds of stats they presented, stuff we'd never see in the stat sites we can visit.  They can even tell who was targeting what.  I thought it was a good way to handle Conqueror.  But then we got the handling of Yueyang.

This isn't my opinion. They said as much.

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even without evidence it was blatantly obvious Conqueror was too good. Its still one of the best BBs in the game. I'd argue Yueyang was never amazing especially when Harugumo and Daring were released after and left alone. 

Radar YY was only viable because CVs were rare and it had DPM so it could hold its own if it ran into another DD. Post CV rework and and nerf? I literally cannot take radar without a crystal ball of knowing what im facing. CV? You're dead. Haru, Groz, Khab, Daring? You're dead. Somers and Hayate currently also look quite a bit better in most respects than YY.

The nerf should be completely reverted or, even better in my opinion, YY should be given the Groz treatment and have a couple heals and DFAAs thrown its way. Then you can feel more comfortable running without smokes in the current meta.

Edited by ksix