You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eate_Purple

Made a post here, instantly deleted?

21 comments in this topic

[EATE]
[EATE]
Members
20 posts

Hi (again), I just posted a topic here, but it seems to have been removed and the URL returns an error message. I did not recieve any message stating why this was removed. Could somebody please let me know what happened?

image.png.0863fa13078afa1acf4edbc0f7ecde25.png

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles

You had other players names in the chat box.

A form of "naming and shaming".

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
722 posts
9,097 battles

Yah, agree or disagree with the rule.  I would say sometimes it maybe pertinent to the discussion but WG has always come down on don't include names.  I have though seen names fuzzed out in the pics but they include a replay so go figure.

WG forum mods see your post and press a button :

gulag.gif

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
7 minutes ago, Eate_Purple said:

Ah. So, would it be alright to repost that with the name blurred?

I think so.

Except it the chat itself was a violation (curse words, etc.)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles

If it is the post I am thinking of there was also some pretty heavy language in those screen shots.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

If it is the post I am thinking of there was also some pretty heavy language in those screen shots.

It was a different one, but the names of the chatters were not marked out.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It was a different one, but the names of the chatters were not marked out.

Ok.

[EATE]
[EATE]
Members
20 posts

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I've reposted it here with names (except for mine) blurred.

Edited by Eate_Purple

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles

20 minutes ago, Eate_Purple said:

Hi (again), I just posted a topic here, but it seems to have been removed and the URL returns an error message. I did not recieve any message stating why this was removed. Could somebody please let me know what happened?

Afternoon Eate_Purple,

@DrHolmes52Is correct. Sharing someone's name in an image falls under the "naming and shaming" rules. What I would recommend is taking all the screenshots, and all the info you have and include it in a trouble ticket. This will allow our CS folks to take the appropriate action. 

Really hope you battles improve today and all the best. :Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
Members
9,615 posts
11,495 battles
21 minutes ago, Eate_Purple said:

Ah. So, would it be alright to repost that with the name blurred?

Yeah if you go into your phot library and hit edit photo  there is often a black marker, just use that to carefully black out the player names and you will be just fine. But go ahead and leave the names of the ships untouched since those are fun to see and do not break any rules. 

[RKLES]
Members
9,615 posts
11,495 battles
1 minute ago, BTed72 said:

Afternoon Eate_Purple,

@DrHolmes52Is correct. Sharing someone's name in an image falls under the "naming and shaming" rules. What I would recommend is taking all the screenshots, and all the info you have and include it in a trouble ticket. This will allow our CS folks to take the appropriate action. 

While you are here I have a question, is it ok you leave a player name visible in screen shot if you are using  it in a post to compliment a fellow forumer on a job well done in a battle? Always wondered about that one since it is nice to give somebody well deserved praise for some good play?

[EATE]
[EATE]
Members
20 posts
4 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

Afternoon Eate_Purple,

Hi, thanks for your excellent reply! Would I do so somewhere here? Thanks!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

While you are here I have a question, is it ok you leave a player name visible in screen shot if you are using  it in a post to compliment a fellow forumer on a job well done in a battle? Always wondered about that one since it is nice to give somebody well deserved praise for some good play?

I've always thought it was as long as all other players names could not be seen... especially losing team members. But wait for an official declaration. 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts
53 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

Is correct. Sharing someone's name in an image falls under the "naming and shaming" rules. What I would recommend is taking all the screenshots, and all the info you have and include it in a trouble ticket. This will allow our CS folks to take the appropriate action. 

Except that CS literally replies with its an automated system, then asks you not to send tickets in, and closes your report

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles
1 hour ago, Eate_Purple said:

Hi, thanks for your excellent reply! Would I do so somewhere here? Thanks!

Yes, that is where you post a ticket.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah if you go into your phot library and hit edit photo  there is often a black marker, just use that to carefully black out the player names and you will be just fine.

Alternatively set the sensitivity to the paint bucket to its minimum and  and use it in tandem with the box select tool to create black boxes over the names. Some image editors even have a shape tool to simplify the process further. I find it's faster, more thorough, and looks slightly more professional looking.

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

I've never got the whole "no naming and shaming" bit... from a psychological standpoint public display and disapproval is the most effective way to get someone to alter their unacceptable behavior. Admonishing someone in private is nowhere near as effective as letting their peers and cohorts know exactly who they are and what they've done.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,693 posts
10,153 battles
16 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

I've never got the whole "no naming and shaming" bit... from a psychological standpoint public display and disapproval is the most effective way to get someone to alter their unacceptable behavior. Admonishing someone in private is nowhere near as effective as letting their peers and cohorts know exactly who they are and what they've done.

The first issue is whether the accusation is true or not.  Once the user or actual name is in an internet post, it will come up in searches and remain in the Google archive for all time.  That means that regardless of truth disproving the claim, the accusation will be preserved as if it was a fact.

Also public naming does not actually change behavior in a positive manner.  I would be surprised if someone were able to cite more than a small handful of peer-reviewed studies (not Psychology Today or other non-reviewed sources) that support demeaning a person to improve them.  It is a common misconception that shunning is positive for the target and is used in various forms such as social snubbing, shunning, and stoning.  In our case, I think it would be used most often to get back at someone for some reason.

• Cool 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, ExploratorOne said:

The first issue is whether the accusation is true or not.  Once the user or actual name is in an internet post, it will come up in searches and remain in the Google archive for all time.  That means that regardless of truth disproving the claim, the accusation will be preserved as if it was a fact.

Also public naming does not actually change behavior in a positive manner.  I would be surprised if someone were able to cite more than a small handful of peer-reviewed studies (not Psychology Today or other non-reviewed sources) that support demeaning a person to improve them.  It is a common misconception that shunning is positive for the target and is used in various forms such as social snubbing, shunning, and stoning.  In our case, I think it would be used most often to get back at someone for some reason.

Never said anything about the experience being positive for the recipient. Negative reinforcement has been used successfully for millennia when it comes to behavioral reform. It was only in the 20th century that the tide turned towards more gentile discipline... and look what has happened to our society. "Spare the rod, spoil the child." and we sure do have a lot of spoiled folk these days. From the entitlement generation to nearly 1% of our population being incarcerated. It seems gentler punishments haven't been effective in behavioral reform. In fact, they have apparently achieved quite the opposite effect.