You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Daily Container question.

17 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
670 posts

I normally end the day with the 3 containers and open them the next day when I sign on.  Only noticed that you could open them as you get them with the options. roll dice etc.  I tried that a few times and regretted it.  It seems to me that waiting for them the next day and just  opening them as they come up the elevator gets me better stuff.  Is there anything to that?

Col Out

• Boring 1

[ALL41]
Members
346 posts
8,451 battles

If you wait until the next day, I don't believe you get to choose your contents.     Depending what I need more, I always choose "More Consumables" or "More Resources" and open the containers as soon as I receive them.  

[GOB]
Members
670 posts
2 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

If you wait until the next day, I don't believe you get to choose your contents.     Depending what I need more, I always choose "More Consumables" or "More Resources" and open the containers as soon as I receive them.  

Yeah,  the ones the next day are random but I seem to get more in them than if I pick them right away.  Maybe its just variety?

Edited by Col_Nasty

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Yeah,  the ones the next day are random but I seem to get more in them than if I pick them right away.  Maybe its just variety?

I think they default to "more credits"(?) if you don't open them the day you received them.

I always do the "more resources" to get the coal. I've also noticed that ESCL (+50% XP) and Zulu (+50% cmdr XP) signals are very common with this choice.

I'd say, figure out if there's any priority on what you want out of crates, and if so, choose accordingly. Otherwise, no real need to open that day.

If you don't really care about getting anything from crates at all, pick "roll the dice". 

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

Collecting
Newly earned daily containers are not yet typed. When each is earned the player may select the type of container by collecting it. To collect, click on the "Containers" button in the port screen. The Containers screen opens. Click the Collect Container button, then select the desired option.

Collected (or pre-typed) containers can be opened at any time: On the Containers screen click the Open Container button.

If a captain accumulates 1000 unopened containers, adding more will cause the oldest containers to be opened automatically.

At the beginning of next the day, uncollected containers are automatically collected and randomly typed (Try Your Luck cannot occur randomly). The XP accumulator is then reset.

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

As mentioned above, if you do not select your container, the system will randomly draw one for you.  This does result in different results had you selected a container type yourself.  If you are finding "Try your Luck" disappointing, try a few of the other containers.  While the lucky containers do have a higher potential for big ithings, they don't provide as many items per container. 

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles

Ah ok, didn't realise it was a random type.

[PHD]
Members
637 posts
2,937 battles
11 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

As mentioned above, if you do not select your container, the system will randomly draw one for you.  This does result in different results had you selected a container type yourself.  If you are finding "Try your Luck" disappointing, try a few of the other containers.  While the lucky containers do have a higher potential for big ithings, they don't provide as many items per container. 

Good to know. I assumed with the take a chance I would get the same amount as if I had picked that type of containerl.

I always pick the take a chance. I have not gotten a supercontainer since Christmas. 

[GOB]
Members
670 posts
2 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Good to know. I assumed with the take a chance I would get the same amount as if I had picked that type of containerl.

I always pick the take a chance. I have not gotten a supercontainer since Christmas. 

I quit trying after about 20 days.... not worth giving up the for sure stuff.  Especially after reading so much about how rare it is to get a SC.

[LOSC]
[LOSC]
Members
408 posts

I mostly pick more resources and CRAZY but have gotten 2 Super containers under the more resources Tab in just a few days

Rare and I'll take them.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
5 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I quit trying after about 20 days.... not worth giving up the for sure stuff.  Especially after reading so much about how rare it is to get a SC.

I hadn't had a SC in over 6 months, so last December I chose TYL for every container.  I actually ending up getting 4 SCs that month.  In January I only got 1.

I went back to the Resource containers.  I personally don't believe that what you get in TYL is worth what you lose by giving up the Resources. 

p.s. Since Jan, I've received 2 SCs when I chose Resources ... do you think they're trying to trick me into going back? :Smile_sceptic::Smile_veryhappy:

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,100 posts
17,239 battles

@Col_Nasty the contents of a container are set when you select it, buy it or win it. It doesn't change regardless of how long you wait to open it. There is no reason to not open any container as soon as you get it.

[PHD]
Members
637 posts
2,937 battles
5 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I hadn't had a SC in over 6 months, so last December I chose TYL for every container.  I actually ending up getting 4 SCs that month.  In January I only got 1.

I went back to the Resource containers.  I personally don't believe that what you get in TYL is worth what you lose by giving up the Resources. 

p.s. Since Jan, I've received 2 SCs when I chose Resources ... do you think they're trying to trick me into going back? :Smile_sceptic::Smile_veryhappy:

No, they are just trying to make me hate you:fish_viking:

:Smile_facepalm:

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles

I almost always choose more resources but I usually don't open my containers till I have maybe 15 or 20 . I like to open them in bunches it's more fun . 

[SOV]
Members
2,920 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, Col_Nasty said:

I normally end the day with the 3 containers and open them the next day when I sign on.  Only noticed that you could open them as you get them with the options. roll dice etc.  I tried that a few times and regretted it.  It seems to me that waiting for them the next day and just  opening them as they come up the elevator gets me better stuff.  Is there anything to that?

Col Out

I have to agree. I have only gotten 1 bag of coal.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,791 posts
8,662 battles

The contents of the containers are determined when they are awarded, based on container type, not when they are opened.  In this case, their type is also randomly awarded at the end of the day, because they weren't selected.