You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

T8 CW

38 comments in this topic

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Is it really surprising that things are changing? CB has been on a downhill path since the 2nd season. 

pK673Yx.png

And changing for worse.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

And changing for worse.

This is WG....:Smile_glasses:

I think it's foolish too, but WG seems hell bent on a course of action, and and as usual are apparently oblivious to the unintended consequences...

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,826 posts
17,489 battles

Well the timing of the last clan battle season just sucked for many so that's one reason you can factor in. Plus this nonstop between clan battles, ranked and ranked sprints probably has burned out a lot of players too. I know I'm playing less lately.

• Cool 2

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
37 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Well the timing of the last clan battle season just sucked for many so that's one reason you can factor in. Plus this nonstop between clan battles, ranked and ranked sprints probably has burned out a lot of players too. I know I'm playing less lately.

I think that non-stop is terrible too. Its just too much.

Also the "meta" in last CW kinda sucks... i will say henri was one cause :P

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,713 posts
22,016 battles
2 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

What's the big deal?  This seems like a good thing to me.  It's boring as hell playing clan battles at tier 10 EVERY DAMNED SEASON!!!  I personally wish that they'd change up Ranked and CBs tiers regularly.  In particular, I really hate it when both Ranked and CBs are at tier 10 in succession.  You just get done with tier 10 CBs and you don't get any break before tier 10 Ranked!  Boooooooooooooooooring!!!  

And the idea of smaller teams for a summer version of clan battles seems like some good pro-active thinking.  I will say though that I kinda hope that they use some smaller maps, because with tier 8's and smaller teams, the battle space really ought to be a little smaller.

At this point I'm sure that someone will complain about premium ships, but the way I see it is that I am NOT going to spend real money (i.e. doubloons) to move my 19 point tier 10 captains into tech tree tier 8 ships, when I've paid good money to have a number of tier 8 premium ships that allow me to freely transfer captains back and forth.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,713 posts
22,016 battles
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

I think that non-stop is terrible too. Its just too much.

Also the "meta" in last CW kinda sucks... i will say henri was one cause :P

Actually, the Stalingrad was the cause.  The Henri was merely the counter to the Stalingrad, but then people began to realize that the Henri was actually pretty good even when there were no Stalingrads to counter.  It used to be that Henri's weren't all that popular in CBs, but they sure are now.

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

What's the big deal?  This seems like a good thing to me.  It's boring as hell playing clan battles at tier 10 EVERY DAMNED SEASON!!!  I personally wish that they'd change up Ranked and CBs tiers regularly.  In particular, I really hate it when both Ranked and CBs are at tier 10 in succession.  You just get done with tier 10 CBs and you don't get any break before tier 10 Ranked!  Boooooooooooooooooring!!!  

And the idea of smaller teams for a summer version of clan battles seems like some good pro-active thinking.  I will say though that I kinda hope that they use some smaller maps, because with tier 8's and smaller teams, the battle space really ought to be a little smaller.

At this point I'm sure that someone will complain about premium ships, but the way I see it is that I am NOT going to spend real money (i.e. doubloons) to move my 19 point tier 10 captains into tech tree tier 8 ships, when I've paid good money to have a number of tier 8 premium ships that allow me to freely transfer captains back and forth. 

T8 is where the most premium ships are... also a lot "meh" ships in comparison of TX ships.

But i guess this will make some people happy... and some will not will play this season because is not TX, i dont grind to TX to play with boring T8 ships, or worse, need buy a T8 premium ships to be "competitive" (i BET they will put something broken to sell... they always do that.)

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, the Stalingrad was the cause.  The Henri was merely the counter to the Stalingrad, but then people began to realize that the Henri was actually pretty good even when there were no Stalingrads to counter.  It used to be that Henri's weren't all that popular in CBs, but they sure are now. 

The henri was just one faster and more annoying upgrade to hindenburgs... stalin was just a "better" moskva, but that kinda broke everything... the game become a fast race... for me was just... meh.

[SALVO]
Members
21,713 posts
22,016 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

T8 is where the most premium ships are... also a lot "meh" ships in comparison of TX ships.

But i guess this will make some people happy... and some will not will play this season because is not TX, i dont grind to TX to play with boring T8 ships, or worse, need buy a T8 premium ships to be "competitive" (i BET they will put something broken to sell... they always do that.)

I don't see all that many bad or boring tier 8 ships.  If anything, it seems to me that there are a lot of good ships at tier 8.

2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

The henri was just one faster and more annoying upgrade to hindenburgs... stalin was just a "better" moskva, but that kinda broke everything... the game become a fast race... for me was just... meh.

It is annoying that the "upgrade" in speed has made the Hindenberg close to obsolete, because it's relatively slow for a tier 10 heavy cruiser.

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't see all that many bad or boring tier 8 ships.  If anything, it seems to me that there are a lot of good ships at tier 8.

A lot good premium ships, thats the problem, this next CW (if be T8) looks like made only for make people buy this trash when is kind unplayable on randons (because the MM).

5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It is annoying that the "upgrade" in speed has made the Hindenberg close to obsolete, because it's relatively slow for a tier 10 heavy cruiser.

Yes, it is, because change the meta to only use henris 99% of time like a bunch of cars racing and shooting.

[SALVO]
Members
21,713 posts
22,016 battles
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

A lot good premium ships, thats the problem, this next CW (if be T8) looks like made only for make people buy this trash when is kind unplayable on randons (because the MM).

Yes, it is, because change the meta to only use henris 99% of time like a bunch of cars racing and shooting.

1.  Don't have the slightest idea what you're on about.  What tier 8 premiums do you think are unplayable?

2. One way to make slower ships like the Hindy might be to put CBs on somewhat smaller maps.  The larger the map, the more that speed matters, but I think that smaller maps would be relatively helpful to slower ships like the Hindy.  But that's just some speculation on my part.

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1.  Don't have the slightest idea what you're on about.  What tier 8 premiums do you think are unplayable?

2. One way to make slower ships like the Hindy might be to put CBs on somewhat smaller maps.  The larger the map, the more that speed matters, but I think that smaller maps would be relatively helpful to slower ships like the Hindy.  But that's just some speculation on my part.

1. In random TX? Well... not totaly "unplayable", but is not fun play with T8 in a TX match.

2. I dont think so... its nto only a matters of rush to get positions, but the battle in generals was: run/push like crazy and shoot with the ridiculous henri dpm.

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles
19 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Currently, the only tier VIII in the pipeline is Bayard which looks like your standard light cruiser with twelve 6" guns. Iirc, it'll have the reload and engine boosters, so it's essentially a faster Cleveland, though it does look like it turns worse.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

So it's basically old-fashioned T8 Supremacy League rules without the inclusion of CVs. That was like 2 years ago; talk about a blast from the past. 

There are also plenty of strong tech tree T8s just to name a few...

BBs: Amagi and North Carolina

Cruiser: Chapayev, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Charles Martel

DD: Benson, Lightning, Akizuki, and Kagero (no CV)

The only really dubiously balanced premium ships I can see at the moment are the Kutuzov and maybe the Lo Yang.

[OO7]
Members
5,231 posts
12,037 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

So you are both complaining about t10 CB and complaining that it's not t10 CB. 

Makes sense. 

• Funny 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,571 posts
6,872 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The Henri remained dominant long after the Stalingrad fell out of favor.  It's simply the best open water cruiser in the game right now....good against just about any Tier 10 ship thanks to its absurd burst damage potential. 

1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

... stalin was just a "better" moskva, but that kinda broke everything... 

After all the nerfs to the Stalingrad...that one is up for debate.  The Moskva is tankier, better against DDs and better against angled cruisers, not to mention it still punishes broadside cruisers at max range with extreme reliability.  The Moskva was still fairly common in Hurricane league last season.    

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The problem is the Kutuzov.  It's a meta defining, banned for sale, OP ship that makes most cruisers obsolete while being a counter to aggressive push strats (which also limits BB options).  I am not looking forward to this season of clan battles as a result.....as bad as people think the Henri meta was (we actually found ways around it).....a Kutuzov meta sounds far far worse.  

*Not to mention it gives a massive unfair advantage to the clans that can run the Kutuzov...while those that can't are pretty much screwed.   

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,840 posts
9,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Cruiser_Chicago said:

So it's basically old-fashioned T8 Supremacy League rules without the inclusion of CVs. That was like 2 years ago; talk about a blast from the past. 

There are also plenty of strong tech tree T8s just to name a few...

BBs: Amagi and North Carolina

Cruiser: Chapayev, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Charles Martel

DD: Benson, Lightning, Akizuki, and Kagero (no CV)

The only really dubiously balanced premium ships I can see at the moment are the Kutuzov and maybe the Lo Yang.

I miss playing T8 comp, WSL was some fun times.

[SALVO]
Members
21,713 posts
22,016 battles
15 minutes ago, yashma said:

The Henri remained dominant long after the Stalingrad fell out of favor.  It's simply the best open water cruiser in the game right now....good against just about any Tier 10 ship thanks to its absurd burst damage potential. 

After all the nerfs to the Stalingrad...that one is up for debate.  The Moskva is tankier, better against DDs and better against angled cruisers, not to mention it still punishes broadside cruisers at max range with extreme reliability.  The Moskva was still fairly common in Hurricane league last season.    

The problem is the Kutuzov.  It's a meta defining, banned for sale, OP ship that makes most cruisers obsolete while being a counter to aggressive push strats (which also limits BB options).  I am not looking forward to this season of clan battles as a result.....as bad as people think the Henri meta was (we actually found ways around it).....a Kutuzov meta sounds far far worse.  

*Not to mention it gives a massive unfair advantage to the clans that can run the Kutuzov...while those that can't are pretty much screwed.   

While I agree that the Kutuzov is a problem, the real problem is the player base that throws a temper tantrum the instant WG starts to look at rebalancing an OP premium ships, *cough* GC *cough*.  WG could fix the various OP premiums in a relative heartbeat if the community had some common sense, but no, that's expecting too much.

It's really simple.  If people want "OP" premiums to not be a problem, then SUPPORT rebalancing them, rather than complaining about rebalancing them.

Edited by Crucis

[-TKS-]
Members
630 posts
9,721 battles

excellent cant wait to take out my enterprise for some action finally...

[AR]
Members
360 posts
15,056 battles

Whats the big problem here? All this emphasis on T10 started to get annoying many months ago. It's such a stupid tier  packed with super gimmicks. It's about time  they lower the tier to something less stressful. It would be even better if they lowered it to T7 or T6. T10 is really the most annoying tier of the game and also where many get burned out quickly. We don't need every event to revolve around T10 after T10 after T10 after T10 over and over again. That's it....enough already.

[PRNA]
Members
333 posts
4,477 battles
2 hours ago, yashma said:

This.

I mean meta wise, what do you plan to use against something like a double or tripple Kutuzov team? American radar is too short, and will have issues creeping up on that. Russian radar wise you have the Chappy which eats damage like no ones business. So basically no push, ever. That and the range on that ship puts it firmly outside all of its competition. Pair with a Chappy or another radar ship, and a Loyang for spotting. Sounds pretty bad to me. 

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 hour ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

excellent cant wait to take out my enterprise for some action finally...

Cvs are not allowed in next cw (its in the link)