Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Ty WG for tier 8 clan battles. But why less rewards?

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,425
[OO7]
Members
5,209 posts
12,037 battles

I am looking forward to a different tier in clan battles this summer. I wholeheartedly applaud this development. 

The only thing I don't agree with is a reduction in steel rewards because of a tier reduction. It's not like the teams we are facing are going to be easier with t8 vs t10 in typhoon... And it's not like t8 means it's more accessible to any other players as you could get CB rental ships if you had a t8 ship... So why the reduction in steel rewards?? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[WOLF7]
Members
12,189 posts
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I am looking forward to a different tier in clan battles this summer. I wholeheartedly applaud this development. 

The only thing I don't agree with is a reduction in steel rewards because of a tier reduction. It's not like the teams we are facing are going to be easier with t8 vs t10 in typhoon... And it's not like t8 means it's more accessible to any other players as you could get CB rental ships if you had a t8 ship... So why the reduction in steel rewards?? 

Play more, get less. WG is desperate to keep people playing...:Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

Oh boy, this might make me actually excited to play CB if I can bring my Mass to them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

USS Kidd reporting for duty

I'm thinking Roma...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,407
[-BRS-]
Members
3,153 posts
17,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I'm thinking Roma...

 Well you better get in line there's only one battleship per side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[CUTE]
Beta Testers
461 posts
4,900 battles

I’m excited to rebuy a bunch of ships with no heal and kiss a bunch of captains goodbye for the season of stealth radar.

Or just use premiums which are, of course, all 100% balanced at tier eight. 

What a joke. 

 

  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,319 posts
5,270 battles

This... MIGHT actually get my clan to try clan battles. If we can get everyone online that is.

Edit: Wait, no, there's only five of us that get on "regularly" enough to even try it out once in a blue moon, nevermind.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

 Well you better get in line there's only one battleship per side

Already waiting in que...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles
16 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I am looking forward to a different tier in clan battles this summer. I wholeheartedly applaud this development. 

The only thing I don't agree with is a reduction in steel rewards because of a tier reduction. It's not like the teams we are facing are going to be easier with t8 vs t10 in typhoon... And it's not like t8 means it's more accessible to any other players as you could get CB rental ships if you had a t8 ship... So why the reduction in steel rewards?? 

Yeah, what is the logic in tying rewards to tier????  Frankly, T4 CBs should still have the same rewards.  It's the gameplay and competition, not the tier of ships used.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
718 posts
9,074 battles

Wow CB at T8.  Don't think I have ever seen that even in WoT (albeit I haven't been in CB forever) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[ALL41]
Members
341 posts
8,382 battles
1 minute ago, PG908 said:

I’m excited to rebuy a bunch of ships with no heal and kiss a bunch of captains goodbye for the season.

Or just use premiums which are, of course, all 100% balanced at tier eight. 

What a joke. 

 

What Tier would you propose, and why?    

I enjoyed Tier-10 Clan Battles, but having them at Tier-8 will invite many more members of our clan into participation.     Tier-8 is full of ships for players to choose, finding a ship that suits their preferred play style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,341 battles

I'm for one super happy with the T8 clan battles as well. They've been pushing for T-10 to the point every one is getting burned out.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles
8 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I'm for one super happy with the T8 clan battles as well. They've been pushing for T-10 to the point every one is getting burned out.

It's the main reason I won't be ranking out, I'm tired of T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,425
[OO7]
Members
5,209 posts
12,037 battles
13 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Yeah, what is the logic in tying rewards to tier????  Frankly, T4 CBs should still have the same rewards.  It's the gameplay and competition, not the tier of ships used.

Unless of course they lower the requirements for each league by a couple battles. If not, it's still going to take clans the same amount of time to grind out 30 wins for each league whether its t8 or t10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,149
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles

I like getting away from T10. I don't like getting a tier that has no cruiser heals outside a single premium. I don't like getting a tier that has multiple OP/borderline-OP premiums. And I don't like getting a tier where smoke play is going to be all day every day.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,425
[OO7]
Members
5,209 posts
12,037 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

I like getting away from T10. I don't like getting a tier that has no cruiser heals outside a single premium. I don't like getting a tier that has multiple OP/borderline-OP premiums. And I don't like getting a tier where smoke play is going to be all day every day.

Atago and Eugen

Ha!! 2

 

smokeplay??? It's not like teams will be running Kidds and LY's....

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,900
Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I like getting away from T10. I don't like getting a tier that has no cruiser heals outside a single premium. 

So you'd prefer T9 then?......:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles
 
 
1
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Atago and Eugen

Ha!! 2

Edinburgh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
546
[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,724 battles

I'll have to convince my clan to let me play Harecrazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,319 posts
5,270 battles
29 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Wow CB at T8.  Don't think I have ever seen that even in WoT (albeit I haven't been in CB forever) :)

WoT did a fun thing a LOOOOOONG while back (like, years ago, so long ago that I can't remember what nations were in the game outside Russia, Germany, the US, and France) where a season of Clan Wars had progressing tiers. Basically the first few days/week were all the way down at tier 2, then the next went to a maximum of tier 3, then 4, and so on. It was honestly really fun and a great way for clans of all sizes to get involved, especially any newer members they had that didn't have many (or any) tier 10s at their disposal. Of course this was also back in the days when my clan was still something that could be considered a CLAN and not just a handful of people hanging out on Discord, where we could regularly field a full team at tier 10 and do well even if some of the slots had to be taken by tier 9s to pick up the slack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,149
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So you'd prefer T9 then?......:Smile_trollface:

I'd take T9 over T8 for numerous reasons, even though it also has a problem with OP premiums (particularly Musashi).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,900
Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

I'd take T9 over T8 for numerous reasons, even though it also has a problem with OP premiums (particularly Musashi).

It's too bad really. T8 has a pretty good selection of tech tree ships with a variety of playstyles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,149
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It's too bad really. T8 has a pretty good selection of tech tree ships with a variety of playstyles.

All of which are inferior to, and lose directly to, a Kutuball.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,900
Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
21 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

All of which are inferior to, and lose directly to, a Kutuball.

That's the "too bad" part lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×