Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Viking309

Work in Progress Ships

3 comments in this topic

[FLTF1]
Members
8 posts
2,406 battles

I'm wondering how one can be able to use and test "work in progress" ships?  I've heard that you have to be either a super tester, or a community contributor. Is that true and how does one become one?

[SKDSH]
Members
219 posts
7,413 battles

Yes, you do either have to become a Community Contributor, or a supertester. Doing either one is a huge commitment and not for many. Super testers have to play this game almost like a full time job. They really don't get to "enjoy" playing like the rest of us. They have to test very specific things on or about the ships, keep to schedules, sign non disclosure agreements, etc. They don't get paid for all the effort they put in the game. Community Contributors make content about the game on youtube, twitch, and other media platforms. In order to become one, you have to have a certain amount of content, and minimum amount of subscribers/ followers. They also have to keep to schedules and follow a set of guidelines. I have thought about trying to start a youtube channel to maybe become a CC in the future, but sadly, I work full time and just don't have the free time :(  

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
10,810 battles
31 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Yes, you do either have to become a Community Contributor, or a supertester. Doing either one is a huge commitment and not for many. Super testers have to play this game almost like a full time job. They really don't get to "enjoy" playing like the rest of us. They have to test very specific things on or about the ships, keep to schedules, sign non disclosure agreements, etc. They don't get paid for all the effort they put in the game. Community Contributors make content about the game on youtube, twitch, and other media platforms. In order to become one, you have to have a certain amount of content, and minimum amount of subscribers/ followers. They also have to keep to schedules and follow a set of guidelines. I have thought about trying to start a youtube channel to maybe become a CC in the future, but sadly, I work full time and just don't have the free time :(  

Pretty much this. You will see WG staff playing them too and there is one other group I am not at liberty to mention also playing them. 

Sign in to follow this