You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

To the captains that get deleted at start of the game without firing a shot

32 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Members
762 posts

We salute you. You are kind of like the star trek away team crew member that dies when ever Kirk goes planet side.

It hasn't happened to me in a while, where someone  sinks me with a shot a couple of seconds into the game and I never got to fire off a shot.

I managed to do this to a cruiser in my Republique. The poor person had just tucked in behind an island about 27k away. It was a lucky shot that was blind and I got that satisfying bloop sound along with "off to a great start". Its rare to have this happen for me but I will admit it always brings me a guilty chuckle and grin when it happens.

So to the players who get deleted at the very start I salute you.  When it happens to me I usually just exit to port and load up a new ship shaking my head and cursing RNG.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles

Some are lucky shoots, others are computer assisted... Since the one on the receiving end doesn't know either, he cant detect an aim-bot user VS a lucky shoot one.... I can only imagine the frustration the situation causes.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

.... I can only imagine the frustration the situation causes.

A couple of days ago I whipped my Fiji into a hard right turn and popped smoke just as a Georgia came in to view ...

... one salvo from the Red BB and boom ... I was "D..E..A..Dead" ... I would liken it more to shock than frustration.  :Smile_ohmy:

Members
4,434 posts

Had it happen once, just loaded into another game with another ship.  Worst I've done it to someone else, was in my Texas and deleted a Kongo at 18km with my first shot of the game when he came visible for a brief couple of seconds.

[U571]
Members
1,920 posts
13,162 battles

I like to ask if the person was Fun and Engaged...

• Cool 1

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Some are lucky shoots, others are computer assisted... Since the one on the receiving end doesn't know either, he cant detect an aim-bot user VS a lucky shoot one.... I can only imagine the frustration the situation causes.

Even with an aimbot, you need highly favorable RNG to overcome dispersion at that range.

Edited by Skpstr

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Even with an aimbot, you need highly favorable RNG to overcome dispersion at that range.

That is factored in... When a client side aim assist tell the player where aim, its telling the player where the RNG sweeet spot is...

One thing for sure, aim assist dont help you win, but man i sure makes your stats look UN-human like in terms of consistency

• Funny 2

[JN316]
Members
3 posts
3,102 battles

As soon as I saw the thread title I though it was going to be a Republic. 

I got CV spotted in a DM right at the start and a 20+km Republic nearly removed me from the game with his first salvo. I was already turning to get rid of my broadside but I guess it penetrated through my deck.   I spent the rest of the match irrelevant trying to get health back and hiding but I didnt last much longer. 

I feel bad for all of the Omahas that I have deleted with one salvo or when you blind fire some good torps into the enemy DD who never even gets spotted. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles

Easier to do to some ships than others.  Lyon and Ashitaka or both "great" at providing that experience.  Yesterday I was just watching a Murmansk coming bow on and mentally forcing it to turn broadside, then blap.

Members
276 posts
1 minute ago, Dimefox2 said:

I feel bad for all of the Omahas that I have deleted

I was convinced that saboteurs have planted bombs on all the Omahas, which explained why they just exploded three minutes in. 

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles

I had it happened to me in the moskva during ranked. Team asked me to flex a different direction, as I was completing the turn, got spotted, target by 4, was left with 2k just in time for the Conq to Spam HE... good times.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

22 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Aim assist/aimbot really only works when the target assists by sailing in a straight line and since Situational Awareness is built in they know they are detected and should be maneuvering to throw off any shots.

• Cool 2

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That is factored in... When a client side aim assist tell the player where aim, its telling the player where the RNG sweeet spot is...

It's telling you where the centre of the dispersion pattern will be.

How many times have you had "perfect aim", and only hit with a couple shells, one of which is a bounce, and the other an overpen?

All the aimbot does is take the guesswork out of where to put your reticle. (assuming the target isn't maneuvering, which puts some of the guesswork back in)

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Aim assist/aimbot really only works when the target assists by sailing in a straight line and since Situational Awareness is built in they know they are detected and should be maneuvering to throw off any shots.

come on Wolfy, I know you dont have a aim assist o be sure.... Base on my observation, even if you turn, the ships with fast projectiles would ignore what you stated above.

Back to the main issue, people use them and as long as those on the receiving end cant detect them.. One doesn't know if its a "Lucky shot" VS an aim assisted shoot.

[NUWES]
Members
2,413 posts
7,693 battles

When that happens to me it is almost always torpedoes. Had that happen  in DM a few months ago.  I had moved into position and got hit by a spread of Shima torpedoes out of the blue. I was never spotted and I wasn't in a standard location so I couldn't figure out how I got torped. Then I panned the camera around and saw the allied GK sitting right behind me. I then realized the Shima wasn't even aiming at me he had spotted the GK who decided the best place for him to sit was right behind me. Never even got a shot off.

I've had the same thing happen in Akizuki twice recently where I got hit by a torpedo spread aimed at a cruiser or BB that I didn't realize was following right behind me. I don't remember it ever happening with gunfire thankfully. I may have died to guns without getting many shots off, but never none at all. lol.

Beta Testers
718 posts
9,074 battles

Think this has happened to all of us during our WoWS gaming life.

My worst one was long ago in an ibuki.  Game starts, maybe after a few minutes I was detected (most likely a DD spotting) within a second or two of me turning I was hit and detonated.  Didn't even see the shells.

kirk.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

come on Wolfy, I know you dont have a aim assist o be sure.... Base on my observation, even if you turn, the ships with fast projectiles would ignore what you stated above.

Back to the main issue, people use them and as long as those on the receiving end cant detect them.. One doesn't know if its a "Lucky shot" VS an aim assisted shoot.

I was talking about aim assist/aim bots and we are talking about early in the match when long range shots are the norm and even the fastest moving shells will have a long enough flight time that maneuvering will throw off the aim.

• Cool 1

Members
64 posts
10,302 battles

I somehow was broadside to a Montana 23 plus kilometers away with me running at full speed to engage a Zao. 

I saw the shells right before they landed. Dead Hindenburg.....

Never even got a shot off. 

Edited by Double_Doody

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,824 battles

Almost got the Yami in this clip yesterday....6 Cits...I bet the guys butt cheeks clenched when they landed like this lol...I feel you.

Edited by C_D

[B_Y_F]
Members
385 posts
9,074 battles

Lucky shoot sometimes happen. Two weeks ago I deleted a Lazo with my first salvo in a Lenin. That poor Lazo not even get detected. I was aiming at a BB near him and RNG said he need to go back to port with 2 cits.... 

[SYN]
Members
897 posts
8,435 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

I've had the same thing happen in Akizuki twice recently where I got hit by a torpedo spread aimed at a cruiser or BB that I didn't realize was following right behind me.

It's always a hoot to take aim at a far-off BB and delete a DD.

It's happened to me so often I try to get off of the line between red team and green BBs.  

[--V--]
Members
964 posts
11,951 battles

Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.  DDs have been getting deleted in the first 90 seconds of matches since the CV rework.    Torps aren't even loaded yet and BLAP!!

Fair and Balanced!!