Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Battle of the Philippine Sea Event, Combat Missions gated?

32 comments in this topic

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

Initially I couldn't find the missions for this event, but after seeing the in-game news (was looking at the signup news post originally) I've found them.

However I have to ask, are they supposed to be gated? The only way to even partake is to complete Dunkirk, D-Day, and Midway. Is this a bug or supposed to be the way it's handled? Because why is it made out to be a separate event but I can't even access it unless I complete the aforementioned "parts"?

Really confused about this and why it's being handled as such.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,189 posts
5 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Initially I couldn't find the missions for this event, but after seeing the in-game news (was looking at the signup news post originally) I've found them.

However I have to ask, are they supposed to be gated? The only way to even partake is to complete Dunkirk, D-Day, and Midway. Is this a bug or supposed to be the way it's handled? Because why is it made out to be a separate event but I can't even access it unless I complete the aforementioned "parts"?

Really confused about this and why it's being handled as such.

To make people play, they have a numbers issue, and they want people living the game.

So grind, grind, grind...:Smile_teethhappy:

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

They're pretty easy to hit -- they've been running all month.  Just follow the ship criteria and play w/ whatever it asks for and you'll be done w/ it.  It's not really a grind, it's more of ship diversity than anything.

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
2 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

They're pretty easy to hit -- they've been running all month.  Just follow the ship criteria and play w/ whatever it asks for and you'll be done w/ it.  It's not really a grind, it's more of ship diversity than anything.

I rejoined the game within the last 2 weeks. So this event dropping but it being gated behind these other mission means it's going to be impossible for me to actually...well you know? Participate.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,446 posts
14,064 battles

Heyo Captains,

If you are referring to: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/

The missions are not gated; are are listed in the article: 

image.png

These missions are not visible within the client, but automatically tracked on the back end.

The missions you're seeing in game refer to the "Greatest Battle Missions" which we detailed in the June Monthly Mission briefing: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/june-missions-2019/#greatest-battles

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

If you are referring to: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/

image.png

These missions are not visible within the client, but automatically tracked on the back end.

The missions you're seeing in game refer to the "Greatest Battle Missions" which we detailed in the June Monthly Mission briefing: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/june-missions-2019/#greatest-battles

Fem, 

Ah okay. I was looking at the recent news post within the game. Titled "Weekend Highlights - Ship Couple Reset" and in it it shows the following missions. Which I had thought were tied to the aforementioned event.

image.thumb.png.bb89c1de8cf2fbe9af41c0331754664c.png

I was mistaken then. Thank you for clearing that up.

However I never got the Zulu flags you are supposed to get. So even though I have clicked to participate (IJN), I cannot be sure because of the lack of given flags. How do I go about getting them? How do I make sure I am actually participating since the flags were never given to me? Since they are a form of confirmation to show you are involved.

[AMISH]
Beta Testers
101 posts
7,537 battles

You know, I think that as players, we're used to getting a report that says we achieved this or that.  This event appears to not do that and it's no wonder that we're all confused.  There's so much going on between all the events and contests that to have an event that pledges to track things for us is simply odd and not the way it usually works. 

I don't even know what "not gated" means.

Just a simple player, trying to enjoy the game.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,700 posts
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

image.png

Fem, 

you got to add tracking to this kind of missions, although i can add but still not 100% sure that i have completed the mission, and as about hall of fame, how could anyone know to shoot for top if you don't even show HoF list?

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 1

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

The general participation follows as above - as far as the combat mission, it does have requisites but also pays  out 10k coal.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

you got to add tracking to this kind of missions, although i can add but still not 100% sure that i have completed the mission, and as about hall of fame, how could anyone know to shoot for top if you don't even show HoF list?

Ya, I honestly have no idea where I am at with this event. I have no way of keeping track of my progress or even knowing if my efforts are being kept track of. I mean how can I prove if I reached the required XP amount, even if I have. Unless WGing wants me to keep track for them and just take screenshots for each match I reach the XP required.

Just seems like WGing isn't giving us the players the needed tools to make sure our actions within the game count and can hold WGing accountable for when actions aren't being accounted for.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,446 posts
14,064 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

Ah okay. I was looking at the recent news post within the game. Titled "Weekend Highlights - Ship Couple Reset" and in it it shows the following missions. Which I had thought were tied to the aforementioned event.

I was mistaken then. Thank you for clearing that up.

However I never got the Zulu flags you are supposed to get. So even though I have clicked to participate (IJN), I cannot be sure because of the lack of given flags. How do I go about getting them? How do I make sure I am actually participating since the flags were never given to me? Since they are a form of confirmation to show you are involved.

We have just checked for you, and I can confirm you are registered for the IJN team, we can also see on our systems that the Zulu was credited, you may have just missed the notification.

If anyone else is curious of their status, log into the homepage, and check the article again, you should see which team you joined.

image.png

Thank you for your feedback on this, we can definitely understand where the confusion came from and we will be careful with naming things in the future.

16 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

Adding an in-game tracker for these kinds of events would require significant dev time, which for short term and usually regional contests can't be justified.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We have just checked for you, and I can confirm you are registered for the IJN team, we can also see on our systems that the Zulu was credited, you may have just missed the notification.

Can you tell me when those flags were credited to my account? I logged just a bit before I posted this and never got such a notification. Which was the first time that I logged into the game today. The following images are from that same place session.

2019-06-21_0959.thumb.png.7b8e96b943774b887de6453d0ab883c4.png2019-06-21_0959_001.thumb.png.b27bcf4ed18e1952e7bfe0f804e6038d.png

As you can see in the images, no Zulu flags have actually been credited to my account. May I please have the promised flags credited to my account as they have no been?

Thank you

[WGA]
Administrator
1,446 posts
14,064 battles
5 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Can you tell me when those flags were credited to my account? I logged just a bit before I posted this and never got such a notification. Which was the first time that I logged into the game today. The following images are from that same place session.

2019-06-21_0959.thumb.png.7b8e96b943774b887de6453d0ab883c4.png2019-06-21_0959_001.thumb.png.b27bcf4ed18e1952e7bfe0f804e6038d.png

As you can see in the images, no Zulu flags have actually been credited to my account. May I please have the promised flags credited to my account as they have no been?

Thank you

I cannot provide this as we cannot provide SS's of our back systems, however we can see that the one flag was credited to you.

Fem, 

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

I cannot provide this as we cannot provide SS's of our back systems, however we can see that the one flag was credited to you.

Fem, 

Okay. Well I wasn't and I provided proof, but sounds like even with that it doesn't really matter much.

Bummer that I missed out on those flags... :(

[SOFOP]
Members
1,249 posts
8,810 battles
15 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Okay. Well I wasn't and I provided proof, but sounds like even with that it doesn't really matter much.

Bummer that I missed out on those flags... :(

flag.  Its literally one.  For what its worth, I have always got the flag the moment I hit participate.

The notifications window can be goofy and sometimes it doesn't report things that happened while logged out.  I'd trust WG that you did get it :)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

So something that doesn't seem to be very clear from what I am reading on the articles about this event is, do I need to collect 1250k base XP in one battle? Or is it  ?

Because the way it's written in this article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/

It sounds cumulative, not in a single match.

image.png.d308543ca49ee499f747459dd67ca70d.png

Not "per battle" or "In each battle", just "In battle".

So I take it this means base XP is cumulative across multiple battles then? If so, how do we even know what our progress is? Since there is no in-game mission we can keep track of it ourselves (lack of tools the player can use) and keeping such a log for some will get incredibly intensive.

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts
4 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

So something that doesn't seem to be very clear from what I am reading on the articles about this event is, do I need to collect 1250k base XP in one battle? Or is it  ?

Because the way it's written in this article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/

It sounds cumulative, not in a single match.

image.png.d308543ca49ee499f747459dd67ca70d.png

Not "per battle" or "In each battle", just "In battle".

So I take it this means base XP is cumulative across multiple battles then? If so, how do we even know what our progress is? Since there is no in-game mission we can keep track of it ourselves (lack of tools the player can use) and keeping such a log for some will get incredibly intensive.

Should be "in 1 battle."

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 11:16 AM, Femennenly said:

Adding an in-game tracker for these kinds of events would require significant dev time, which for short term and usually regional contests can't be justified.

OK, now this makes sense. It never did before...

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

Should be "in 1 battle."

Doesn't say that though, so going off of what their own information is. This means across multiple battles, not one.

From what I am reading else where on the forums, this entire event is a utter mess. Lack of clarification, lack of transparency, players not really sure what efforts they do actually count versus what don't. The Primary vs Secondary Objective is one example that really needs to be better documented. Some players are saying you can't get the secondary if you don't fulfill the first (which if that's the case good lord. Winning a match and getting the needed XP and not one or the other sounds like a hair pulling experience with how many players just go solo in random), and other players are saying you can do one or the other. You don't have to get the Primary for the secondary to count.

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts
Just now, Phasferous said:

Doesn't say that though, so going off of what their own information is. This means across multiple battles, not one.

From what I am reading else where on the forums, this entire event is a utter mess. Lack of clarification, lack of transparency, players not really sure what efforts they do actually count versus what don't. The Primary vs Secondary Objective is one example that really needs to be better documented. Some players are saying you can't get the secondary if you don't fulfill the first (which if that's the case good lord. Winning a match and getting the needed XP and not one or the other sounds like a hair pulling experience with how many players just go solo in random), and other players are saying you can do one or the other. You don't have to get the Primary for the secondary to count.

Elsewhere in the forum, people have been saying "1", so... But yes, this could and should be clarified.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

OK, now this makes sense. It never did before...

They clearly didn't plan this event out very well.

Also this is in the EU and NA only, but that's still a substantial player base. I wouldn't be surprised if past RU events got such a tracker even if the event is RU only.

In more common tongue, that statement really says "We couldn't be bothered to put the effort needed to make sure this event went off with a bang and players had the needed information and tools to complete and part take in the event.

That's really what that statement says, but what else can you expect from a Free to Play (pay to progress) game? Less effort but heavy monitization. *shrugs*

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts
2 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

They clearly didn't plan this event out very well.

Also this is in the EU and NA only, but that's still a substantial player base. I wouldn't be surprised if past RU events got such a tracker even if the event is RU only.

In more common tongue, that statement really says "We couldn't be bothered to put the effort needed to make sure this event went off with a bang and players had the needed information and tools to complete and part take in the event.

That's really what that statement says, but what else can you expect from a Free to Play (pay to progress) game? Less effort but heavy monitization. *shrugs*

I said it makes sense doesn't mean I approve of it. This reminds me of them paying Amazon (my guess) pretty substantial amounts for the current invite-a-friend thing instead of spending it on, for example, making this event better.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I said it makes sense doesn't mean I approve of it. This reminds me of them paying Amazon (my guess) pretty substantial amounts for the current invite-a-friend thing instead of spending it on, for example, making this event better.

Or making their game better. xD

More modes, more non-prem ships. More...well you know? Content to play with.

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts
2 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Or making their game better. xD

More modes, more non-prem ships. More...well you know? Content to play with.

See this:

• Cool 1

Members
506 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, Happy668 said:

Agreed that they keep hosting these events and don't provide any sort of in-game tracking. Connect the dang systems already. Sheesh. This is low hanging fruit, WG.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this