TheURLGuy

Weekend Highlights - Ship Coupon Reset

52 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Members
4 posts
6,931 battles

What is up with the pushback on the Ships coupon reset? I've been waiting for tomorrow for the past three months to get Stalingrad now you push it back even further?! Seriously WG, do you enjoy screwing over your playerbase?

• Cool 10
  • Angry 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
47 minutes ago, Jagged_Spire said:

What is up with the pushback on the Ships coupon reset? I've been waiting for tomorrow for the past three months to get Stalingrad now you push it back even further?! Seriously WG, do you enjoy screwing over your playerbase?

I don't think they are sure what day it is, it's been pushed back another day....:Smile_trollface:

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey @Jagged_Spire we know this will add a few days to the coupon refresh but rest assured your Stalingrad isn't going away. 

• Confused 2
  • Angry 5

[-RNG-]
Members
4 posts
6,931 battles

No need to patronize me, which all of you who reply seem to have a habit of doing, I know it isn't going anywhere. But to reset the date the day before it was originally scheduled to happen is just a crappy move on y'all's part. I'm sure the majority of us were anticipating using that this weekend to purchase a new ship, I know half of my clan was.

Edited by Jagged_Spire
  • Cool 9

[90THE]
Members
5 posts
11,564 battles

I'm as pissed as ever body else about this rollback. You screw people then act like you did them a big favor.  To confused; If it was to benefit the members they would have rolled out the new coupons on time and extended the old ones.

Edited by Deep6Horizion
answer
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,404 posts
9,011 battles
21 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Hey @Jagged_Spire we know this will add a few days to the coupon refresh but rest assured your Stalingrad isn't going away. 

Radar, try coming across a little less patronizing, please. Saying, in essence, "It's totally fine!" when in fact you've made a great many angry with what you've done is in very bad taste.

• Cool 4

[CNP07]
Members
23 posts
13,470 battles

So because of this, instead of me getting a new coupon on the 22nd as I was expecting (I did not have any waiting to be used) now I have to wait a few more days until the 25th?

Not the best use of this idea/feature?  

• Cool 2

[QC103]
Members
1 post
1,819 battles

This sucks! Have been waiting a couple of months to use the new coupon to get JB. Waiting to play it a few more days is not that big of a deal but why in the world would this company do something to perturb there base?????

Bad Business model.

• Cool 3

[-RNG-]
Members
4 posts
6,931 battles

They don't even provide a reason as to why they pushed it back. You'd think if they're going to piss of their base they'd provide a valid reason as to why it was pushed back.

• Cool 3

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
683 posts

I was about to come in and ask if the date was wrong on the news post, but now I see that it was right and the date was changed. 

Seriously? 

Why was the change not mentioned anywhere?

This might be great for the people who still had the coupons, but not for those who used them in the past and were hoping to use them tomorrow.

Way to pull the rug out from under us.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
1,773 posts
3 minutes ago, Jagged_Spire said:

They don't even provide a reason as to why they pushed it back. You'd think if they're going to piss of their base they'd provide a valid reason as to why it was pushed back.

Because they want another weekend of people buying the Georgia with MONEY, rather than coal.

• Cool 4

[CO-OP]
Members
39 posts
11,357 battles

If this is going to be as rewarding as the signal flying fiasco last weekend leave me out. I flew 77 signals, which was 5 draws, and got diddly squat.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,588 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Because they want another weekend of people buying the Georgia with MONEY, rather than coal.

That makes as much sense as anything.  I had not considered that angle.

I'll be delaying that purchase as well, because I really wanted to drive Stalingrad this weekend.  Likely, I will not have significant time due to other obligations for a month or two.

• Cool 1

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
5,062 battles
6 minutes ago, oldrustyguns said:

If this is going to be as rewarding as the signal flying fiasco last weekend leave me out. I flew 77 signals, which was 5 draws, and got diddly squat.

I few 96 signals and got squat too but oh well

[A-O]
Members
681 posts
6,793 battles

Some people are in serious need of fresh air.

22nd, 25th, 26th... really, THAT is a life altering experience for you guys?

Now let me get back to my 1/1200 scale model of Bismarck. I have to replank the forecastle. I think I originally used the wrong type of teak (North side of the Amazon !! Everyone knows of course that the Kriegsmarine would only accept teak planking from the south side of the Amazon river.).

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
3,391 posts
21,651 battles
17 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Good thing being an unnecessary [edited] isn't covered in the EULA otherwise you would need to moderate yourself...but "resting assured" or not can you give any answer to the question as to why or is patronizing your final answer on the subject?

BTW all...they did the same thing on the other coupons last time they switched also so just assume that from now on all coupon switches will be standardly 4 days later than advertised...not sure if the patronizing when inquiring as to why will be a standard as the switching though.

EDIT: Worst part is to rub it in by announcing the change in an article titled, "Weekend Highlights - Ship Coupon Reset".

2nd Edit: I actually agree w/the downvote here now that I figured out why the change happened (& more importantly why they didn't explain why).

Please see post #40 for explanation (summary punchline: the CV rework did it...& they're tired of hearing about how evil it is already w/out this being added in as another reason to hear about it).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
3,391 posts
21,651 battles
2 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

Everybody's workin' for the weekend!

Read it on the portal

So URLGuy...can you explain why the title of the article is "Weekend Highlights - Ship Coupon Reset" when the ship coupon reset has been reset to Wednesday...or is patronizing the official WG stance on the subject.

• Cool 2

[M-B]
Members
54 posts
7,668 battles

Wargaming at its finest. Was looking forward to getting the Flint. But I guess they are too busy screwing up the weekend event to do the coupon on time. And BTW I've been waiting on this coupon since using the last on Mussashi.

• Cool 3

[PAK]
Members
29 posts
20,109 battles

If there isnt someone new to buy I am going to go nuts on them... if there is something new Wednesday then it was smart to delay...

WG Just tell us if something new is coming Wednesday so you look really smart..

Members
63 posts
13,003 battles

I thought WG realized that they released too many coal/steel ships lately, and that players could use an extra coupon to catch-up on these.

Instead, the coupon I was going to get on 6/22 is moved to 6/26...  typical improvement from Lesta Studios :cap_like:

Edited by Flint_The_Pirate
  • Cool 1

[SWBH]
[SWBH]
Members
1 post
11,400 battles

I agree I have been waiting for June 22 to purchase I ship.  Now your moving it

until next week. That is not right.  You should honor the original date of the June

22, 2019.

msilvani

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Members
4 posts
6,931 battles

And in typical fashion, all these complaints and not a peep from WG. Hey @TheURLGuy or @Radar_X do you perhaps have a response for the community? If it is more patronizing please just don't. However if you don't know please do find out, as all of us looking to purchase a new steel or coal ship this weekend have once again been screwed by your company's incompetence to keep a deadline.

Edited by Jagged_Spire
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[-PUG-]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
14,741 battles
7 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Since you have said it was 22 June 2019 and now 26 June 2019, two coupons look like they are in order