You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Koogus

What could be added to CV gameplay

23 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

Recently got into playing CVs and I kind of enjoy playing them but after playing them for a bit it feels like there should be more.

My question is just what could WG add to make CVs to make the gameplay even more fun?

Some ideas I have are, altitude control, add the ability to change db bombs from either ap or he bombs when they are on deck ,and add ome manual aa to all ships to add some skill with dodging it or something 

Edited by Koogus
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

All I want to do is MOVE MY SHIP WHILE MY PLANES IN THE AIR. Otherwise since this is a game about warships and not warplanes, I doubt there would be altitude control unless submarines get depth control. It's up to you on how to make CVs fun to play. My way, I cap and fight when the time comes instead of hiding in the corner. Getting 23 secondary kills total in the (old) Ryujo is very much enjoyable.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

I wants some foo fighters added to help pass the time between attack runs... video cause it's easier than typing it out..

Members
293 posts
39 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Recently got into playing CVs and I kind of enjoy playing them but after playing them for a bit it feels like there should be more.

My question is just what could WG add to make CVs to make the gameplay even more fun?

Some ideas I have are, altitude control, add the ability to change db bombs from either ap or he bombs when they are on deck ,and add ome manual aa to all ships to add some skill with dodging it or something 

I also recently started playing CVs and I am soooooo surprised you are not mentioning this.... but it must be AA, AA and again AA.

Time and time again I never get to drop those bombs or torps because the entire squad is wiped out by enemy AA.  Only happens when I am in T5 game (so I am T4 Langley or Hermes).. but then again almost all games are T5.

Members
60 posts
4,256 battles
44 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Make CVs and DDs more powerful and bleed the game bankrupt.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
12 minutes ago, sendit2me30 said:

I also recently started playing CVs and I am soooooo surprised you are not mentioning this.... but it must be AA, AA and again AA.

Time and time again I never get to drop those bombs or torps because the entire squad is wiped out by enemy AA.  Only happens when I am in T5 game (so I am T4 Langley or Hermes).. but then again almost all games are T5.

Go around the flak and not at groups of ships.

Members
5,624 posts
6,413 battles

I'd kinda just like the dive bombers to fly at a higher altitude and roll into the dive. The current animation just looks really unnatural.

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
4 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I'd kinda just like the dive bombers to fly at a higher altitude and roll into the dive. The current animation just looks really unnatural.

It feels like IJN DBs actually dive and drop while USN DBs dive, flatten out, and drop.

Members
5,624 posts
6,413 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

It feels like IJN DBs actually dive and drop while USN DBs dive, flatten out, and drop.

RN level bombers are even weirder because they climb up to drop their bombs. :Smile_amazed:

But they don't dive so I don't see the need to change altitude.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

RN level bombers are even weirder because they climb up to drop their bombs. :Smile_amazed:

But they don't dive so I don't see the need to change altitude.

Either way, I am likely to use only Torpedo Bombers until the last ten minutes of the battle.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
7 hours ago, Koogus said:

I really like the rework. The only thing I want is for WG to stop nerfing. Constant nerfing has gotten beyond old and its effecting moral.

Change all the CV planes to what it should be.

Graff gets Skukas.

Val as upgrade.

SBD on Ranger.

And so on.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,263 posts
6,886 battles

On rocket planes

• take away the fighter consumable
  • reduce rocket damage slightly
  • allow you to hit a button & use the actual rocket planes as a souped up fighter consumable  superior to most fighters. that would have a larger circle of coverage and that could take more aa damage  (the trade off is they die)
Edited by Anonymous50

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

- counterplay

-CV vs CV combat.  Enterprise isn't famous for killing transports at Guadalcanal.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
19 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

- counterplay

-CV vs CV combat.  Enterprise isn't famous for killing transports at Guadalcanal.

One CV can move, one CV is an island.

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

it's very own game mode!

12CV vs 12CV

• Cool 1

Members
293 posts
20 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Go around the flak and not at groups of ships.

whoehaha.. the tactic of the century! And nobody else ever thought of this? 

Give that man a cigar!

[PHASE]
Members
4,720 posts
16,143 battles

A more strategic approach to air combat between  CV's rather than crop dusting and dropping a fighter off at the pool out the back door. 

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles
21 hours ago, Koogus said:

Auto-destruct mechanic.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,872 posts
9,526 battles

Replace rocket planes with rotten-egg planes that mess up player's screen for a few seconds :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Members
3,704 posts
15,408 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, Koogus said:

EMP bursts - so they all drop out of the sky