You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Bot Insanity last night.

14 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
658 posts

Took the Lenin out to get to know her better in some COOPs before bedtime last night.  All but 3 of us were bots.  Then the comedy ensued.  At one point as I was bearing down on a another Lenin bow to bow brawl I see to my Starboard side, my CA Bot teammate going for the ram on it's counterpart CA...  I wait for the big boom...I'm on fire...focused by 4 ships and what do I see?  They are BOUNCING off each-other, Bow to Bow like ping pong balls in a jar!!!  Now I am shooting at him too while advancing on the Lenin get the kill....  Didn't notice my other bot teammates firing Torps POINT BLANK at the Lenin I am 1 km from and 1-2-3-4-5-6 WOW  I'm HIT by 6 of them.  ONE OF THE BOTS WENT PINK!!!

Never seen that one before.  

The bots scream off to go after the other 2 red bots...  The One that put 5 in me MISSES point blank on a red stationary BB..why was he stationery?  He was STUCK in the middle of a red DD trying to push it across the sea.  

A few games later I saw at least 3 ships trying to go 4 wheeling across an island.  

Bots On Crack?

Col Out

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,783 posts
8,653 battles

I'm not sure the bots were bouncing off each other.  They seem to have code that keeps them from ramming like they used to.  I have seen them sail right up to each other but not actually touch, where they would have rammed in the past.

They do torp friendly ships a lot.  They only see the enemy, and totally ignore friendly ships in their firing lane, just like real players.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

I have 160 battles until I can join a clan and 68,000 xp til I can get Ryujo and I am currently stuck in "protected-mode" so most of my enemies are bots in Random (for a different account). I've seen the bots ram each other, torp each other, smoke, and cap. Would much prefer to be in Random. Would actually prefer to be in Zuiho than stuck in an endless cycle of low tier maps.

• Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I have 160 battles until I can join a clan and 68,000 xp til I can get Ryujo and I am currently stuck in "protected-mode" so most of my enemies are bots in Random (for a different account). I've seen the bots ram each other, torp each other, smoke, and cap. Would much prefer to be in Random. Would actually prefer to be in Zuiho than stuck in an endless cycle of low tier maps.

Stuff like this? :Smile_teethhappy:. The fun part is that bots can also get Achievements in the protected modes.

shot-19_06.19_19_38.00-0651.thumb.jpg.331f5ba51061dea4fa6140c0998a8ba3.jpg

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Stuff like this? :Smile_teethhappy:. The fun part is that bots can also get Achievements in the protected modes.

shot-19_06.19_19_38.00-0651.thumb.jpg.331f5ba51061dea4fa6140c0998a8ba3.jpg

That would be about right. I learned CVs in Random and prefer to always be in a Random game because I find players easier to predict than bots (at least back with old CVs).

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,341 battles

The bots have been getting really bad. To the point where there was one or two in every other game. It sucks because when that happens you get one sided teams. Esp when the bot decides to go on a CV role or something.

[WOLFB]
Members
17 posts
16,850 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

nothing new, its just co=op after al

Ah yess,

Once again with another snark post in the coop threads.

<sigh>

Courtesy is the lubrication of society,don['t throw sand in the works.

yer friendly

unit

-

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
5,030 posts
15,593 battles
3 minutes ago, unit_72 said:

Ah yess,

Once again with another snark post in the coop threads.

<sigh>

Courtesy is the lubrication of society,don['t throw sand in the works.

yer friendly

Thanks for commenting on my truthfulness and straightforwardness.

I disagree that "courtesy is the lubriction of society"... Sound great, sounds poetic, nice composition of words in the English language.

In theory, no its not...

In practice its not.  

In other words, if I was trying to get my GF to forgive for sleeping with 4 of her best friends... I "might" use your line... Other then that NO. lol

• Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
658 posts
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

I'm not sure the bots were bouncing off each other.  They seem to have code that keeps them from ramming like they used to.  I have seen them sail right up to each other but not actually touch, where they would have rammed in the past.

They do torp friendly ships a lot.  They only see the enemy, and totally ignore friendly ships in their firing lane, just like real players.

So once again people are seeing things ,  in this case 2 things but you know better right?

Not flaming but I am just curious.  Why is it that in almost 100% of the posts on this forum, if people say they saw something there is almost ALWAYS someone who wants to tell you ( Passively of course ) that you are blind , stupid or lying? )   I just can't figure this one out.  FYI I have seen other posts about the exact same thing from other players and people thought it was funny. So either we all are mistaken or maybe you have to admit that YOU may have not actually seen everything that can possibly happen in this game?  This isn't directed to you only but it is just tiring.

Imagine that?

Col Out

PS I do have the replay , showed it to my buddy this morning but it's silly to have to post things like that for people who just can't get through life without HARD evidence about everything on the planet.  BUT if any of you want to see the FUNNY stuff I will be glad to do it if you show me how.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

No bots still ram.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Took the Lenin out to get to know her better in some COOPs before bedtime last night.  All but 3 of us were bots.  Then the comedy ensued.  At one point as I was bearing down on a another Lenin bow to bow brawl I see to my Starboard side, my CA Bot teammate going for the ram on it's counterpart CA...  I wait for the big boom...I'm on fire...focused by 4 ships and what do I see?  They are BOUNCING off each-other, Bow to Bow like ping pong balls in a jar!!!  Now I am shooting at him too while advancing on the Lenin get the kill....  Didn't notice my other bot teammates firing Torps POINT BLANK at the Lenin I am 1 km from and 1-2-3-4-5-6 WOW  I'm HIT by 6 of them.  ONE OF THE BOTS WENT PINK!!!

Never seen that one before.  

The bots scream off to go after the other 2 red bots...  The One that put 5 in me MISSES point blank on a red stationary BB..why was he stationery?  He was STUCK in the middle of a red DD trying to push it across the sea.  

A few games later I saw at least 3 ships trying to go 4 wheeling across an island.  

Bots On Crack?

Col Out

I had to dodge a bots torpedoes it launched at a red BISMARCK.... their was a huge island in the way and ate 15 shimmy torps....

I agree, THE BOT CODING sucks now.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,783 posts
8,653 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

So once again people are seeing things ,  in this case 2 things but you know better right?

Not flaming but I am just curious.  Why is it that in almost 100% of the posts on this forum, if people say they saw something there is almost ALWAYS someone who wants to tell you ( Passively of course ) that you are blind , stupid or lying? )   I just can't figure this one out.  FYI I have seen other posts about the exact same thing from other players and people thought it was funny. So either we all are mistaken or maybe you have to admit that YOU may have not actually seen everything that can possibly happen in this game?  This isn't directed to you only but it is just tiring.

Imagine that?

Col Out

PS I do have the replay , showed it to my buddy this morning but it's silly to have to post things like that for people who just can't get through life without HARD evidence about everything on the planet.  BUT if any of you want to see the FUNNY stuff I will be glad to do it if you show me how.

Didn't say that you were blind , stupid, or lying.  Just offered up a different option that some don't think of.  Most of the co-op games I have seen lately had the bot run right up to each other but not ram.  They stayed nose to nose, went side to side, and even backed up, but no rams.  Rams, especially nose on almost always result in destruction of both ships, which is why I offered up a different solution as to why it might not have been an actual ram that was seen.

4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

No bots still ram.

Yes, true, but they usually explode when they do.  I'm not sure I have ever seen them bounce off each other.  That could be new coding to keep the bots from self destructing early in the match.