You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

PSA: Ship coupon renewal on 25th instead of 22nd as of today. Nope, 26th now because.

112 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles

Just a heads up to people on the fence about buying a ship in the Armory with coupons, by tomorrow you will get a new one  today the date was changed to 25th instead of 22nd and you can only have one active at a time. If you still have your coupon, might be time to consider buying something that interests you on a discount.

I will most likely grab Aigle in light of the upcoming French DDs; while the list of ships on which the coupon is applicable is small, there is something for most tastes. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I will most likely grab Aigle in light of the upcoming French DDs

Just remember that the Aigle has smoke whereas all the others do not. There will be substantial differences in play-style, although having Superintendent may still be worthwhile for the speed boost in upper tiers, so the captain build MIGHT not be different.

Don't commit to any sort of deep, high-point build for your Aigle captain until the CC's have had them out in open testing for a couple of weeks and have had time to do public theorycrafting on the best setups.

Tomorrow is crunch time for me - grab JB, or wait for something else? Logic says I can probably train a cruiser captain OK in a battleship too, and I already have the Aigle, so I'd be set for French retraining.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,047 posts

I used the last coupon for the Jean Bart.

I was waiting for this one so I could get the Georgia at a discount and with the way that WG has been slow to roll out anymore coal ships leaves me with an even bigger pile of coal to spend as I own all of the coal ships already with the exception of the Musashi (they pulled her hours before I could pull the trigger on her.)

Edited by DESRON10

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles

Already used mine for Musashi, and I only have about 80k coal, so I'll have plenty of time to decide what to get lol.

[HELLS]
Members
2,256 posts
21,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just remember that the Aigle has smoke whereas all the others do not. There will be substantial differences in play-style, although having Superintendent may still be worthwhile for the speed boost in upper tiers, so the captain build MIGHT not be different.

Don't commit to any sort of deep, high-point build for your Aigle captain until the CC's have had them out in open testing for a couple of weeks and have had time to do public theorycrafting on the best setups.

Tomorrow is crunch time for me - grab JB, or wait for something else? Logic says I can probably train a cruiser captain OK in a battleship too, and I already have the Aigle, so I'd be set for French retraining.

Get Jean Bart. She has wheels, fabulous secondaries, strong AA and decent rudder shift. All main guns in front is not a handicap if you have played Dunkerque, which I have as well, as both ships are situational to a significant degree. Jean Bart will be getting more play than Richelieu, which is not a bad ship either for a tech tree T8. I got Aigle for free but I don't play her much. Her torps are decent but I find her guns to be too slow for a DD. Decent DD trainer IMHO. I use DeGrasse as my cruiser trainer.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

Nope.  WG moved it to the 25th for ships.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

Nice play WG.  Trying to upset people?

Mission accomplished.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
32 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Just a heads up to people on the fence about buying a ship in the Armory with coupons, by tomorrow you will get a new one and you can only have one active at a time. If you still have your coupon, might be time to consider buying something that interests you on a discount.

I will most likely grab Aigle in light of the upcoming French DDs; while the list of ships on which the coupon is applicable is small, there is something for most tastes. :Smile_honoring:

If you're going to put up a PSA, at least get the date right...

image.thumb.png.05489812e3dbebdcdb80df1883d4a4c9.png

• Confused 1
  • Angry 4

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

All main guns in front is not a handicap if you have played Dunkerque,

I'm up to the Richelieu in the tech tree, so I'm familiar with the play style. 

2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Nope.  WG moved it to the 25th for ships.

Well that's a blow; still, I don't need a coal ship urgently so that's more thinking time available.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

It always was the 22nd.  WG moved it, without announcing anything, this morning.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Give the OP a break. Until very recently, the date WAS tomorrow.

• Cool 6

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I logged in yesterday last night to see the 6/22 date, I wasn't aware until pointed out now

Amended the OP.

Edited by warheart1992

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

In fairness to the OP, it was 22 June as recently as a couple days ago when I last looked in game.  And I have been planning for this for months, so I am a touch disappointed that they changed this at the last minute.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,231 posts
12,037 battles

Woo-hoo, I can finally buy the Charleston and not break my coal piggy bank too much

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, with the Honore Commander I think EM will be universally needed for most of the line and well, CE seems to be needed as well. Being able to alternate between Aigle and a potential early unlock could give a nice headstart for when the line is formally introduced.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,093 posts
5,774 battles

Been looking forward to 6/22 for a very long time.  Cannot count on anything with this game.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles

I have a weekend by myself.  I have been saving Steel and waiting for this coupon to get Stalingrad.

I've been looking forward to this for months.

And they take it all away at the last minute.

I guess I will have much more time for Elite Dangerous.

• Cool 3

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

Working as intended.

Nice of them to let us know, though.  I wouldn't expect an explanation from WG (heaven forbid) but a heads up would have shown at least a minimal level of respect to your customers.  But no... I have to find out in a match from one of the reds.  Lots of REALLY pissed off people on both teams after that.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Working as intended.

Nice of them to let us know, though.  I wouldn't expect an explanation from WG (heaven forbid) but a heads up would have shown at least a minimal level of respect to your customers.  But no... I have to find out in a match from one of the reds.  Lots of REALLY pissed off people on both teams after that.

My guess is they wanted to refresh the coupons to coincide with the new patch. Still, a heads up earlier would be helpful, just to let people plan these things or know how much time they got to make decisions.

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles

Used last coupon for the Salem. Won’t be needing coal for anything except the last commander available to me.  I unlike a lot of player aren’t affected by this.  This is really crappie of them. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

My guess is they wanted to refresh the coupons to coincide with the new patch. Still, a heads up earlier would be helpful, just to let people plan these things or know how much time they got to make decisions.

And they didn't notice the update wasn't until the 25th until this morning?  And then they thought "we'll just sneak this in and hide out until the fuss blows over"?

Inept doesn't begin to cover that scenario.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

And they didn't notice the update wasn't until the 25th until this morning?  And then they thought "we'll just sneak this in and hide out until the fuss blows over"?

Inept doesn't begin to cover that scenario.

The feeling I get from WG after witnessing similar actions in the past is that there seems to be  communication issues between departments at times. The section responsible for patching and the Armory could have planned for this change for a while, but without communicating it with PR we get to results such as this.

• Cool 1

Members
1,250 posts
6,880 battles
16 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Been looking forward to 6/22 for a very long time.  Cannot count on anything with this game.

Sure you can...you can count on chaos and fubars. 

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,997 posts
3,841 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The feeling I get from WG after witnessing similar actions in the past is that there seems to be  communication issues between departments at times. The section responsible for patching and the Armory could have planned for this change for a while, but without communicating it with PR we get to results such as this.

This.  Companies that have trouble with exterior communications typically have the same problems internally.