You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crashe_N_Burn

In a rut "Nothing but Co-Op's".

14 comments in this topic

[G-4W]
Members
17 posts
1,905 battles

Just received my Sinop. It seems to be 1 Co-Op after another. Was wondering if you guys do all your ships with the +50% exp every day? 

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts

COOP and Scenarios.  A rare Random to see "just how bad it's become..." and, back we go to COOP/Scenarios....  Most of our Clan tried Ranked and abandoned that as well; because of the binary nature Ranked has taken on with Carriers and Rental ships.....  The MM is either a win or a loss scenario........  Luck of the draw is all that is driving Ranked in it's current configuration.....   What a shame.

• Cool 2

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

I don't know if I understand your post correctly. You know you can select the battle type, right? You don't get dropped into Co-op unless you choose to be, or you're being punished for being pink too much. I haven't been playing much lately, but the days that I do play I try to get my +50% on all the ships I'm currently grinding (3-5 at any given time).

[G-4W]
Members
17 posts
1,905 battles
11 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

I don't know if I understand your post correctly. You know you can select the battle type, right? You don't get dropped into Co-op unless you choose to be, or you're being punished for being pink too much. I haven't been playing much lately, but the days that I do play I try to get my +50% on all the ships I'm currently grinding (3-5 at any given time).

As I am a noob "Haha" I am still learning so much. That's all I have been doing since I started playing was Co-Op's lol thanks

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
54 minutes ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

Was wondering if you guys do all your ships with the +50% exp every day?

I have 276 ships and am currently grinding the Lightning and 8 other tier 8s and 9s in Co op, I usually do each one for the % bonus then concentrate my efforts on one, such as the lightning at this time. When I am in need of credits (which probably isn't your problem right now) I play scenarios/operations and will use the ships that have bonus's first then go back to the ones that make the most rewards.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,790 posts
8,655 battles

Play the ships you want to play.  The 50% bonus is just a bonus on the base XP.  All other bonuses that might exist, still exist after the 50% bonus is used.  So, you don't lose a whole lot on every game played in a ship after the initial win. 

A loss in PVP is probably worth more XP and credits than any win in Co-op, so if you are grinding XP and credits, use PVP whenever possible.  I do understand if you just want to play co-op to avoid the salt that some players expel in PVP games.

Edited by Murcc

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

One thing about Co-op is "perspective".  Co-op is versus bots...that all play a certain way.  Nothing wrong here.  That's just what they do.  That's just what Co-op is all about.  And if that's what is fun for someone, then have fun.  Because WOWS really is about having fun.  Because of predictability and the limited nature of bots, one's win rate in Co-op will by in the +90%.  Losses are few.  Lots of wins.  And wins make us feel good.

Perspective!  Random is living, breathing, humans.  Yeah, they can be toxic.  They can get salty.  But they also have a brain...and can think...and become cunning, cleaver....sneaky....dastardly....and just about every other adjective you can think of.  Although not for everyone, there is a certain level of fun (some might say LOTS OF FUN) in working to win against another human.  The nature of raw competition.  Again, not for everyone.  And it's not a right or wrong thing.  Just a vastly different way to play...and have fun.

I say all this because anyone that has mostly played Co-op, with win rate in the 90s...is going to get shell shocked by a lot of losses.  That's just part of the playing field of random.  Part of playing against other humans.  

Also, for every bit of salt I get (and to be fair, I dish out some myself), I also get some really nice compliments...both from the greens and the reds.  I dare say there are more good sports out there than bad sports.  That doesn't change the cut throat random battles.  After all, most are playing to win.  But some of the best interactions I've received are those times I've either deleted an adversary, or they've deleted me.  Just some really good sportsmanship reflected in the chat.  So while you might not get as much salt in Co-op, you'll NEVER get a compliment from a red co-op captain.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[G-4W]
Members
17 posts
1,905 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

One thing about Co-op is "perspective".  Co-op is versus bots...that all play a certain way.  Nothing wrong here.  That's just what they do.  That's just what Co-op is all about.  And if that's what is fun for someone, then have fun.  Because WOWS really is about having fun.  Because of predictability and the limited nature of bots, one's win rate in Co-op will by in the +90%.  Losses are few.  Lots of wins.  And wins make us feel good.

Perspective!  Random is living, breathing, humans.  Yeah, they can be toxic.  They can get salty.  But they also have a brain...and can think...and become cunning, cleaver....sneaky....dastardly....and just about every other adjective you can think of.  Although not for everyone, there is a certain level of fun (some might say LOTS OF FUN) in working to win against another human.  The nature of raw competition.  Again, not for everyone.  And it's not a right or wrong thing.  Just a vastly different way to play...and have fun.

I say all this because anyone that has mostly played Co-op, with win rate in the 90s...is going to get shell shocked by a lot of losses.  That's just part of the playing field of random.  Part of playing against other humans.  

Also, for every bit of salt I get (and to be fair, I dish out some myself), I also get some really nice compliments...both from the greens and the reds.  I dare say there are more good sports out there than bad sports.  That doesn't change the cut throat random battles.  After all, most are playing to win.  But some of the best interactions I've received are those times I've either deleted an adversary, or they've deleted me.  Just some really good sportsmanship reflected in the chat.  So while you might not get as much salt in Co-op, you'll NEVER get a compliment from a red co-op captain.

Thank you! I did try random battles and was shell shocked. Great advice here. :)

[SIC]
Members
89 posts
4,084 battles
5 hours ago, Murcc said:

Play the ships you want to play.  The 50% bonus is just a bonus on the base XP.  All other bonuses that might exist, still exist after the 50% bonus is used.  So, you don't lose a whole lot on every game played in a ship after the initial win. 

A loss in PVP is probably worth more XP and credits than any win in Co-op, so if you are grinding XP and credits, use PVP whenever possible.  I do understand if you just want to play co-op to avoid the salt that some players expel in PVP games.

I don't get not wanting to play Randoms because one is "bad". There's only so much you can actually learn against bots. Their behavior doesn't change, they don't camp, they don't kite, they don't exploit weaknesses, they dont think. They just charge and shoot. You really learn anything other than how your ship fares against predictable targets.

Plus, you earn a fraction of the credits and XP you would in randoms.

• Boring 2

[SIC]
Members
89 posts
4,084 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Yes, this. All of this. Play what you like playing. That's the whole point of a game (or it should be).

[WOLF9]
Members
10,233 posts
4,366 battles
7 hours ago, Crashe_N_Burn said:

Just received my Sinop. It seems to be 1 Co-Op after another. Was wondering if you guys do all your ships with the +50% exp every day? 

Yep.  Equal Speed Charlie London +50%.  Many camouflages +100% or so.

And an additional +65% when I have Premium time.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF9]
Members
10,233 posts
4,366 battles

As I am a noob "Haha" I am still learning so much. That's all I have been doing since I started playing was Co-Op's lol thanks

I bet you're not familiar with the wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes

and so much more.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,659 posts

Was wondering if you guys do all your ships with the +50% exp every day? 

I currently have 155 T5+ ships.  Lots of players have a lot more.

I simply play the ships I need to play to grind down the line I am working on.  If I get bored of that I go play another ship I like.  On the 200% days I do try to burn through a bunch of them.

[AFK]
Members
37 posts
3,740 battles
8 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

COOP and Scenarios.  A rare Random to see "just how bad it's become..." and, back we go to COOP/Scenarios....  Most of our Clan tried Ranked and abandoned that as well; because of the binary nature Ranked has taken on with Carriers and Rental ships.....  The MM is either a win or a loss scenario........  Luck of the draw is all that is driving Ranked in it's current configuration.....   What a shame.

But but but, know it all players all say your winrate is based on your impact on a match....

LOLLL that claim is nice big joke, reality is that winrate is based on your luck in matchmaking pure and simple. The real stats to evaluate a player potential/skill is XpPG, DmgPG, hit rate and InboundDMGperGame. 

Things like KPG (kills per game) mean nothing either, kill 5 ships with 500hp each and youve not really been usefull.

winrate = misunderstood stat by wanna-be experts lollll . Anyone that playershames someone based on winrate is a total ignorant and needs to be educated :) 

That being said, you will still develop your skills much faster in random and ranked and clan battles. The bots are ok to learn the basics, but when cut comes to chase, real players will give you the run for your money and make you better. You just gotta find a tier to play at that you like.

Edited by thejoker767
Modified content