You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

So, Georgia?

30 comments in this topic

Members
2,614 posts
9,810 battles

So, with Georgia being out for a week, what’s the general consensus?  I do own all tier 9 premium ships with the exception of Azuma.

The coupon is coming tomorrow.  Getting Georgia would mean giving up on Salem and Yoshino for a very long time, likely ever.  Coal is very slow to come by with how little I play nowadays and the absence of any premium time.

[DKM]
[DKM]
Members
134 posts
17,391 battles

image.thumb.png.697d1667cc44981cac6a4d425190302f.pngimage.thumb.png.2fe07d4cddfbcdb73318125b36c7810b.png

Very fun ship and competitive with full sec build and is one of the best t9 at the moment. I can really recommend new and old player and wish we had a sec build tech tree line like the premium US ships like mass and georgia.

• Cool 2

Members
2,614 posts
9,810 battles
14 minutes ago, Pegneus said:

Very fun ship and competitive with full sec build 

I tried GK with full sec build, and it was too situational.  Taking manual secondaries, IFHE, and AFT, plus BFT (this is the FULL part in full sec build) means that your survivability takes prohibitively costly hit.  No fire prevention hurts the most.  What do you mean by full sec build?

Edited by Ramsalot

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,744 posts
15,464 battles

Fun ship, get it if you enjoy putting battleships in places battleships shouldn't be able to reach so fast. Don't get if you're all about one-shotting (too few barrels) or jousting (poor armor profile at those angles).

Get Salem instead if you want a moderately tankier DM. Get Yoshino instead if you want to backline camp all day (subject to WiP changes).

[DKM]
[DKM]
Members
134 posts
17,391 battles

exactly that, with ifhe without fp. You have the fast repair party and the angle of our guns are way better than gk. This sec are so accurate i outdamaged an angled gk with it. with the dispersion module and graf spee accuracy this ship is more consistent than most bbs at that tier.

Edited by Pegneus
  • Cool 1

Members
2,614 posts
9,810 battles
10 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Get Yoshino instead if you want to backline camp all day (subject to WiP changes).

Thing is, many reviewers were comparing Yoshino to Zao, mostly in unfavorable light.  I happened to own Zao with permacamo, and that casts shadow of doubt on Yoshino for me.  Unless they change Yoshino in some amazingly OP manner.  I’d like Stalingrad shell speed with Zao accuracy and Hindenburg penetration bonuses out to 26km please.

Edited by Ramsalot

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,744 posts
15,464 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Thing is, many reviewers were comparing Yoshino to Zao, mostly in unfavorable light.  I happened to own Zao with permacamo, and that casts shadow of doubt on Yoshino for me.  Unless they change Yoshino in some amazingly OP manner.

Yoshino can HE pen things Zao can't, and suffers way less from CV spotting because it doesn't play as close or rely on concealment as much. It also has way more HP (although most things have more HP than Zao). In exchange, it's a pretty one-trick pony, you lob HE at stuff from far away.

[CK5]
Members
1,084 posts
9,811 battles

I don't own Yoshino, but own Zao as well as Georgia.  My impression is that Yoshino is a worse version of Zao, but Georgia is definitely a much different experience than Missouri (which I also own).  I mean that in a good way.  The Georgia's guns are fabulous and you will enjoy Georgia's speed.  I do not have a "full" secondary build on my Georgia captain, just IFHE and BFT as I share my Georgia captain among four other US battleships.  I do have AR on that captain and Georgia's secondaries with AR is just amazingly good fun.  

Short answer, Georgia is unique and very fun to play.  I have no buyer's remorse whatsoever. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,185 posts
14,494 battles

Georgia is one of those ships that will be one of the strongest T9s for a good player, but one of the weakest for a mid 50s% and below player. That is due to it naturally wanting to be somewhat close to others. I have mine built secondaries for the captain, but the USN specific dispersion module and regular accuracy module. This results in fairly accurate guns with 9.9km secondaries. If you like playing close and are good at it, you will love Georgia. If not, it will be a nightmare.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,573 battles

I was considering getting it once I got done shaking down Tashkent.

However, with the delay in the Ship coupon, I will wait until after I am done with Stalingrad, and then I am still disinclined to buy anything.

Members
2,619 posts
7,661 battles

Georgia is a hell of a lot of fun and it's secondaries are monstrous even without IFHE in my build (still doing 20-30k+ sec damage in most matches) with the quick Heal CD you can take a good deal of punishment while whaling on just about anything that isn't a tier 10 BB

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

I tried GK with full sec build, and it was too situational.  Taking manual secondaries, IFHE...

Swap out the IFHE for FP. GK's smallest secondaries are 128mm with 1/4 pen, they'll pen BB bows without IFHE.

Members
2,614 posts
9,810 battles
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Swap out the IFHE for FP. GK's smallest secondaries are 128mm with 1/4 pen, they'll pen BB bows without IFHE.

Makes sense.  I only ever tried GK in two builds, full survival and full secondaries.  With your suggestion I will go ahead and try a hybrid build with survival/secondary, will swap BFT for SI as well.  See how that goes.

[O7]
Members
1,185 posts
14,494 battles

Honestly, if you are going to build towards secondaries your captain needs to be all in to be worth it. Opting out of IFHE, or BFT, etc. makes it not worth building secondaries at all. just go standard tank build at that point.

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles
8 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Honestly, if you are going to build towards secondaries your captain needs to be all in to be worth it. Opting out of IFHE, or BFT, etc. makes it not worth building secondaries at all. just go standard tank build at that point.

I disagree with this - IFHE is not as valuable at tier 9 as it is at tier 8 (fewer ships with 25-27mm plating, most of them being cruisers which are deleted by the main battery at that range). Your base secondaries have enough pen to damage DDs and all superstructures, and will shatter off basically all BB deck and extremity armor unless you are up against a T7 (which again your mains will destroy). 

Unlike the GK and FDG where IFHE lets you pen 32mm, in the case of the Georgia and Mass (especially Georgia since Mass has a worse main battery and sees more 25mm plated ships) I think the increased fire starting ability is worth more, putting pressure on the DCP of high-tier BBs which are often using their DCP against volley fire from CA and CL's in the second line. 

I would drop IFHE for Fire Prevention and BFT for Superintendent (since you will use the extra heal a lot due to the reduced cooldown). You then take AFT and Manual Secondaries, with AR for your two point skills and then PT and any other one-point skill. 

You lose Basics of Survivability (longer fire duration by 15%) and a 2 point skill (usually 10% to DCP) along with CE compared to the tank build, but still get FP (which is HUGE considering it removes a fire zone entirely) and the secondary accuracy to punish DDs in close and start fires against anything else within range. 

I would also consider using the slot 6 reload module as opposed to dispersion, as -11% on the Graf Spee Curve doesn't mean as much as it does to a Mass which has standard USN dispersion and lower sigma to boot. With MBM3 you get to 22.9s reload on the 457mm guns, which puts their DPS on par with or exceeding an Iowa using the disperison module. 

• Confused 1

[SIC]
Members
89 posts
4,095 battles

I'd have gotten the GA if I weren't a poor scrub that wasted all his coal on sub t8 premiums prior to its release 

[B_Y_F]
Members
386 posts
9,074 battles

Going 39kt at a BB make me happy, not regret getting him at all. 

His guns, though, is somehow inconsistent due to only 6 of them.... But they can still devastate anything in close range easily. 

[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,823 battles
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

The coupon is coming tomorrow...

They delayed the coupon til the 25th.

[UEFN]
Members
970 posts
17,538 battles

Georgia with partial secondary built: AFT, BFT, Manual Secondary, and module for secondary 20% range, with flag gave me 3.4s reload @11.3km on secondary, along with quick 22s reload on main gun. It's literally like strapping a DD on my side.  LOL   Manual secondary launch all the pew pew pew shells on superstructure from mid~max range so i have no need for IFHE.    The Georgia is more fun for me than Massachusetts and Jean Fart.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Xcalib3r

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
8 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

So, with Georgia being out for a week, what’s the general consensus?

source.gif

With a caveat though. By far the best thing about Georgia is her maneuverability. Musashi does the whole "18ich guns at tier nine" gimmick far better with nine of them and an actual 32mm overmatch. If you intent to camp behind and island with her, don't bother.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

fighting Georgia is kinda annoying, because of how fast it can accelerate.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,504 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

They delayed the coupon til the 25th.

Now it’s the 26th.

And I love how they bill it in the game: the notice there proclaims it a good thing that they have “extended” the current coupon.

No doubt they “extended” it to quiet the rioting masses that were protesting not enough time to decide what to do with the old one. 

We all saw those rioting masses...didn’t we?

Members
527 posts
7,025 battles

Its crap, don't waste the coal.

I have never seen a ship that they claim is so accurate on paper just miss ships on about every salvo.

The no damage pens and over pens are ridiculous as well.

• Angry 1

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts
9 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

So, with Georgia being out for a week, what’s the general consensus?  I do own all tier 9 premium ships with the exception of Azuma.

The coupon is coming tomorrow.  Getting Georgia would mean giving up on Salem and Yoshino for a very long time, likely ever.  Coal is very slow to come by with how little I play nowadays and the absence of any premium time.

If you want a fast BB or a BB with great secondaries then get Georgia. If those aspects don't appeal to you then the Georgia is not for you.

Do NOT get it for the 18" guns.

• Cool 1