You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Henri Doesn't Like Me

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,894 posts
15,569 battles

Do you ever get that feeling that a particular ship has it in for ya?

h1.thumb.jpg.e03612f6f3ceb6a383c4a270cf595618.jpg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles

Once a Henri has had a taste of you, it's hard to get it to stop cooking you.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

Happy the damn thing's getting nerfed!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,894 posts
15,569 battles

Oh, by the way, as the game progressed it became obvious green was going to win.  So this little battle between me and Henri seemed to enter a personal level.  Most who have played this game long enough know exactly what I'm talking about.  Green has won.  I know it.  Henri knows it.  So the game transitions from winning/losing to one of kill/survive.  Henri's goal was to burn me...kill me...before the match ended.  My goal was to survive until the end.  Well, ideally my goal was to kill Henri...but short of multiple cits or a det, that wasn't going to happen before I was done (literally and figuratively).  I knew this and Henri knew this.

So it became the game within the game.  Something else to fight for than just winning or losing.  Suffice to say, i was on fire...damage ticking low...and would probably succumb on the next salvo or two.  Then we reached 1000 points.  Saved by the bell!  A satisfying survival and a satisfying win overall, not to mention a Dreadnought and Fireproof to boot!!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles

Henri IV is WoWS Trogdor.  Not Conqueror.

Cruiser Accuracy

Cruiser ROF

MBRB for the LulZ

Very high Fire Chance even for a Cruiser

Given IFHE, will even pen 50mm armor sections

I remember a while back playing HIV and was tormenting some poor GK.  The range was long and he was trying to escape our push.  Guy was in a bad situation but you can't let anyone off the hook, especially a Tier X BB.  I just fired and fired and fired and fired and fired... Setting fires in the process repeatedly.  When I finally burned him down he got on Match Chat asked WTH my fire chance was... 24% with both fire flags. 

GK player:  "JEESUS"

I didn't have an IFHE captain and this was before HIV got MBRB consumable access.

If you're a BB player and your skills with long range gunnery against Cruiser targets, especially Engine Boosting French Cruisers at range... Good luck.  You are exactly what French Cruiser players hope for.  The only way to get them off you is smacking them back.  If the HIV player has her Legendary on top of all that, and you struggle to hit distant Cruisers?...  :Smile_teethhappy:

Hindenburg, Zao for example can do the same to a BB at long range, the caveat is HIV has Engine Boost to make hitting her harder despite being a large ship herself.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1