You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SYST3M_OVERIDE

Stop complaining about CVs

64 comments in this topic

[CAP]
Members
50 posts
10,759 battles

So, this is a complaining about complaining thread?  Welcome to 4chan.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[UMP]
Members
251 posts
4,300 battles

Wait until Subs enter the game.

People will forget all about CVs.

Until then, do what I do and kill everyone, make them cry, then lol.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,339 posts
11,846 battles
4 minutes ago, MajesticTwelve said:

Wait until Subs enter the game.

People will forget all about CVs.

Until then, do what I do and kill everyone, make them cry, then lol.

I play CV's and I play against them. I play ships with zero AA and I play everything else. Damage every 30 seconds or so is no different than coming under fire from a BB. I deal with that by not being a good target, bob & weave, bob & weave.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
34 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

aiding their allies.  there's still a long road ahead 

Except they don't aid their allies, as least not consistently or effectively.  This is because WG thought it would be a good idea to plop a big colored circle on the mini map conveniently pointing out the engagement range of fighters.  So, strike planes can simply avoid them altogether. 

Sometimes at the end of that long road is a cliff.

• Cool 4

Members
60 posts
4,256 battles

you guys need to play t4 - t7 get out of your t9  and t10 then try and tell everyone to dodge or wasd  your full of **** CV's don't miss.  and AA sucks ***.  WG just keeps saying **** you player base.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1

Members
353 posts
16,704 battles

Eventually the complaints will stop or at least occur much less frequently.  That time will be when:

1. Those that have "major issues" with the rework finally run out of patience, give up on WoWs and move on to other games, OR
  2. WG finally realizes "mistakes were made" and resolves the issue of CVs having a disproportionate influence within battle types involving random players against random players.

How much time will actually elapse?  Hard to say.  WG may not realize the full magnitude of the damage done until sales plummet this coming holiday season (when compared to last season).  So it may be a year or so before any major changes are actually made.

• Cool 6

[PHU]
Members
35 posts
5,339 battles
1 hour ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I realize this is going to get some heavy flak (no pun intended) but it needs to be said. There will never be a complete balance with CVs in the game. CVs are here to provide a completely different approach to causing damage and aiding their allies. Complain all you want but remember one very big factor. Under the hood this game is very complicated and it isn't something that can be perfected in a short manner. A perfect example is how a half degree can mean the difference between a penetration vs a ricochet. What I'm saying is it takes a lot of time and knowledge to make a game work on the level WOWs does. Now in terms of the CV rework I do agree that there's still a long road ahead of tweaks to get things more rounded out but until then things are how they are. WG took a gamble when they started the CV rework and we have yet to see their final vision. We may enjoy it or we may despise it. We won't know till it's complete. Until then learn to live with it because We are not the ones making the game. Don't forget this is a FTP. Nobody is forcing you to spend money. Nobody is forcing you to play.

Because you are such a master at this game that obviously understands the mechanics so well and knows whats best for the player base

1029118326.png

Edited by EquinoxCB
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
60 posts
4,256 battles

If you don't drive a DD or CV then your in a weak *** ship awesome job WG.

What a fantasy game smoke u can hide in but see out of perfectly oh heck I forgot its 1 way smoke.

Rockets, bombs and torps from planes u can't do anything about here's to wg for the Fantasy game.

Since its a fantasy game all ships with fighters and AA consumable should have unlimited of each.

Edited by rkBlamerson
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[SIM]
Members
3,841 posts
6,404 battles

It might be more tolerable if the topics were actually constructive, and not immature nonsense like "CVs r cancer" or "Nerf CVs so badly that they can no longer play the game." 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[INTEL]
Members
10,635 posts
29,956 battles
51 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Eventually the complaints will stop or at least occur much less frequently.  That time will be when:

1. Those that have "major issues" with the rework finally run out of patience, give up on WoWs and move on to other games, OR
  2. WG finally realizes "mistakes were made" and resolves the issue of CVs having a disproportionate influence within battle types involving random players against random players.

How much time will actually elapse?  Hard to say.  WG may not realize the full magnitude of the damage done until sales plummet this coming holiday season (when compared to last season).  So it may be a year or so before any major changes are actually made.

I think if WG were more rational that this might be true. 

But when you look at how much destruction the restricted T4 mm has done to the game and you realize they refused to even think about changing it...

... I think they're going to be far more stubborn about CVs than you think.

if you go back to @Sub_Octavians Q&A, posted a few weeks ago, the clear message there is that the developers know the game is in a really bad spot and is not fun for the majority of players but they really don't care.

I think the CV addition will be permanent. artillery is an integral part of their business plan and there is nothing we can do about it. Just look at how artillery is hated in World of Tanks and yet they have done nothing fundamental about it.

There is a certain sociopathology that finds griefing other players irresistibly attractive and the developers know that they can make a lot of money appealing to it.  sad but there it is

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Sometimes at the end of that long road is a cliff.

I do believe those are called "scenic views."

[VW]
Members
340 posts
3,222 battles

I'm a new player so I never played the old CVs. Some players seem to hate the CVs and I don't really understand why. Just imagine there are 6 classes of ships in the game, DD, CA, BB, Torpedo bombers, dive bombers and attack bombers. Then, you'll be happy with the CVs... Some CV players complain about the AA, it's indeed frustrating to see an entire squadron blown by a single destroyer or a cruiser. Mostly playing Shokaku, I then avoid attacking Minotaur, etc That's a bit unfair for other ships, for ex IJN as CVs will concentrate their attacks on them. I believe WG is going to fix this one way or the other.

Then, I play for fun, not to maximize my score only. CVs are very useful to spot, and also to "desorganize" the enemy.

My suggestions to improve the CV game would be to, 1. Fix ridiculous AA on some ships, 2. A preparation time, as spotting is too easy on the initial phase of the battle, 3. Fighter protection around the CV to push CV players to stay close to team mates. Indeed, I notice a number of CV players stay far from their team mates. They tend to be always among the last survivors... I'm always close to team mates to reach as fast as possible the battle area... I often die.

[INTEL]
Members
10,635 posts
29,956 battles
1 minute ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I'm a new player so I never played the old CVs. Some players seem to hate the CVs and I don't really understand why. .

The Incredibles spotting power of CVs means that many of the the game's more interesting and fun tactics become useless. Numerous top players have explained this and many of them have left the game.  if you look up edgecase  I think he has a very long post explaining why CVS have dumbed down the game, making it both stupid and unplayable.

• Cool 4

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I'm a new player so I never played the old CVs. Some players seem to hate the CVs and I don't really understand why. Just imagine there are 6 classes of ships in the game, DD, CA, BB, Torpedo bombers, dive bombers and attack bombers. Then, you'll be happy with the CVs... Some CV players complain about the AA, it's indeed frustrating to see an entire squadron blown by a single destroyer or a cruiser. Mostly playing Shokaku, I then avoid attacking Minotaur, etc That's a bit unfair for other ships, for ex IJN as CVs will concentrate their attacks on them. I believe WG is going to fix this one way or the other.

Then, I play for fun, not to maximize my score only. CVs are very useful to spot, and also to "desorganize" the enemy.

My suggestions to improve the CV game would be to, 1. Fix ridiculous AA on some ships, 2. A preparation time, as spotting is too easy on the initial phase of the battle, 3. Fighter protection around the CV to push CV players to stay close to team mates. Indeed, I notice a number of CV players stay far from their team mates. They tend to be always among the last survivors... I'm always close to team mates to reach as fast as possible the battle area... I often die.

Let me provide to you an anecdote from just the other night.  A buddy of mine had played the game in the past, before the rework.  With the new recruiting system myself and another friend were able to entice him to return.  He was already up to tier 5 and enjoyed dd play.  Things were going really well and then we hit tier 7 .  I took a break for the following battle but I did watch it using discord screen share.  Both of my friends were using dds, one in a z-39, and the other in an akatsuki.  The enemy Shokaku player did nothing but harass them.  The first rocket strike the akatsuki was hit by reduced their hp to a little over 6k.  Then the follow up killed them.  They hadn't yoloed into the cap, and there were cruisers relatively nearby.  Their battle lasted about 2.5 minutes.  Their response was "Well that was so much fun, not sure I want to even bother anymore."  

Now someone with some experience playing the game might have been able to mitigate some of that by moving more, but for people that are returning or just starting,  out are not going to have that experience.  So for them, they just had their entire battle ruined without any kind of recourse available.  Needless to say that person did not play this evening, and I'm not even sure he will ever play again.  I guess on the bright side that Shokaku player enjoyed themselves.

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

y4dc9nzp71531.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

And then we have players like this who literally created an alt account simply to be a dingus.  Their entire motivation is about getting off on being a miserable turd.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

It might be more tolerable if the topics were actually constructive, and not immature nonsense like "CVs r cancer" or "Nerf CVs so badly that they can no longer play the game." 

Funny, but I'm pretty sure that even when constructive criticism is given you provide the same kind of feedback that you are now.  The typical "stop whining" responses that have tried to drown out anything any ever says.  I think we all get it, you like cvs or you just like being contrary.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
353 posts
16,704 battles
8 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

And then we have players like this who literally created an alt account simply to be a dingus.  Their entire motivation is about getting off on being a miserable turd.

LOL! made my day.

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
2 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

LOL! made my day.

Haha, glad I could be of service.

[INTEL]
Members
10,635 posts
29,956 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Read that opening post,  especially the first hidden part

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,981 posts
8,958 battles

I'm a new player so I never played the old CVs. Some players seem to hate the CVs and I don't really understand why. Just imagine there are 6 classes of ships in the game, DD, CA, BB, Torpedo bombers, dive bombers and attack bombers.

The computer does battle with torpedo bombers, dive bombers and attack bombers not the opposing players. This is the imbalance CV's create. Dodging may or may not mitigate damage but it certainly does not shoot down more planes.