You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JTF_oscar

devs save your game and change radar/sonar mechanic

28 comments in this topic

[HMCSH]
Members
19 posts
11,876 battles

Radar and sonar should not fully reveal a ship, only the outline on the map should be present nothing more. Right the mechanic is garbage.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 6

[WOLFB]
Members
2,870 posts
11,805 battles

Radar and sonar are fine. Heck radar has been nerfed, it doesn't need more nerf

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
456 posts
3,033 battles

It makes a change from the incessant whining about CVs...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,099 posts
17,239 battles

Good luck with that!

[SIM]
Members
3,852 posts
6,423 battles

It sounds more like the problem is on your side of the screen, not Wargaming's.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts
12 minutes ago, JTF_oscar said:

Radar and sonar should not fully reveal a ship, only the outline on the map should be present nothing more. Right the mechanic is garbage.

Holy necro-thread!!!

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
10 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

It makes a change from the incessant whining about CVs...

That was my first thought.

6 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Holy necro-thread!!!

More like necro subject.

• Cool 1

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
501 posts
15,126 battles

If being revealed for 25 seconds at 12km range is too much for you, then you should play something else.

I can understand if a CV is perma-spotting you, but now you're just digging for stuff to complain about.

Next you're going to complain that enemy DDs can shoot back at you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,263 posts

One annoying item that has not changed over the CV rework was that STUPID act of putting me back on the ship from the map display on the CV when the battle starts.

I'm trying to set auto-pilot waypoints and WHAM..   Screw you!!!!  Have to start all over.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
35 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

If being revealed for 25 seconds at 12km range is too much for you, then you should play something else.

I can understand if a CV is perma-spotting you, but now you're just digging for stuff to complain about.

Next you're going to complain that enemy DDs can shoot back at you.

Thank god Russian cruisers are the only ships with radar.  All any one has to deal with is that pesky 25 second Russian radar.  No other ships have radar, thank god.  Only those dang Russian ships with that annoying 25 sec. radar.  I sure hope they don't put radar on any other ships in the game, and stick to just those Russian ships.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,770 posts
16,430 battles
44 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

One annoying item that has not changed over the CV rework was that STUPID act of putting me back on the ship from the map display on the CV when the battle starts.

I'm trying to set auto-pilot waypoints and WHAM..   Screw you!!!!  Have to start all over.

YES! THIS!!

WG, fix this puh-leaze!!!

• Cool 1

Members
2,187 posts
78 battles
1 hour ago, JTF_oscar said:

Is this 2016

[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,497 battles
13 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Thank god Russian cruisers are the only ships with radar.  All any one has to deal with is that pesky 25 second Russian radar.  No other ships have radar, thank god.  Only those dang Russian ships with that annoying 25 sec. radar.  I sure hope they don't put radar on any other ships in the game, and stick to just those Russian ships.

*coughs in Des Moines*

[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,497 battles
3 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Is this 2016

Exactly. More whining and I love it

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

*coughs in Des Moines*

Oh yeah, that's right.  THERE ARE other ships with radar.  Too bad I didn't go to college.  I guess that throws out the whole cherry picked segment of that persons response.  

Members
2,187 posts
78 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

Exactly. More whining and I love it

This whine is three years late. People are whining about CVs nowadays. Whining about radar is so passe.

[IROCZ]
[IROCZ]
Members
4,499 posts
12,804 battles
1 hour ago, JTF_oscar said:

Reported for whining about a 100-year old subject and attempted necro of same.  Violation of Decent Forum Etiquette noted.

Dismissed.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
10,810 battles

Oh look, it is this thread.....  Again

[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Radar and sonar are fine. Heck radar has been nerfed, it doesn't need more nerf

Actually, there is a gripe that I have about radar (and by default hydro as well), but it's not the usual sort of gripe.

My gripe is that you can have radar on and have a perfectly good line of  sight between you and the radared ship, and yet not be able to see that ship if there's a sunk ship with its death smoke obscuring your view.  Radar is supposed to see through smoke, but in this case it doesn't.  And there's not a bloody thing you can do about it.  

What I wish that radar would do in this regard is to remove ALL smoke, not just smoke from smoke generators, but smoke from fires, from the display while radar is functioning.

[56TH]
Members
303 posts

far bigger issues right now than radar or hydro.

I am guessing he got his DD blown out of the water by a big ol mean cruiser.

also.. why would it matter if it was only the outline of the ship visible? It is still going to be able to get hit. :cap_wander:

Edited by 56th_Karma

[WOLFB]
Members
2,870 posts
11,805 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Actually, there is a gripe that I have about radar (and by default hydro as well), but it's not the usual sort of gripe.

My gripe is that you can have radar on and have a perfectly good line of  sight between you and the radared ship, and yet not be able to see that ship if there's a sunk ship with its death smoke obscuring your view.  Radar is supposed to see through smoke, but in this case it doesn't.  And there's not a bloody thing you can do about it.  

What I wish that radar would do in this regard is to remove ALL smoke, not just smoke from smoke generators, but smoke from fires, from the display while radar is functioning.

I didn't had those trouble you describe :/

It's true that sometime fire and smoke from engine is a bit annoying when you want to aims but that's not something related to radar.

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
501 posts
15,126 battles
2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

No way! Those ships would definitely not have suborbital shell arcs that are relatively easy to avoid at 9~10km range.

If you are close enough for them to hit you repeatedly, then it's not radar that's the problem...