You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

USN vs IJN starting Fri.

80 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,322 battles

Isn't the deck kinda stacked against the US team getting players, since they get 1 team point for 750 base XP, while IJN get 2 team points for 1250 base XP?

Seems IJN can rack up points with better players way faster than USN.  I can't join IJN because I'm US!

• Boring 1

[RNDM]
Members
307 posts
5,348 battles
4 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Isn't the deck kinda stacked against the US team getting players, since they get 1 team point for 750 base XP, while IJN get 2 team points for 1250 base XP?

Seems IJN can rack up points with better players way faster than USN.  I can't join IJN because I'm US!

wait where is this information?

oh and I forgot

Image result for team usa

Edited by Florendo19

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,814 posts
12,548 battles

Hmmm hard to say. I suspect many more players will join USN. Much more easy to hit 750, particularly for the average player. I think most players will rack up points faster with USN. 

Having said that I went IJN just in case I can not play that much this weekend. 1250xp for me is not guaranteed but should not be too hard.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,322 battles
1 minute ago, Florendo19 said:

wait where is this information?

Just saw it on the WOW news when I started up the game a couple minutes ago.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles

I wanted to pick IJN but I just remembered I don't have mid tier IJN ship and Shinonome is a big no in the current meta.

Oh well I guess I'll go with USN and Atlanta...that's sad

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles

I'm considering IJN since I already have the Yamato and this is an opportunity to continue grinding other IJN ships.  I have that option on the USN side as well but I need to decide soon.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,322 battles
5 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I'm considering IJN since I already have the Yamato and this is an opportunity to continue grinding other IJN ships.  I have that option on the USN side as well but I need to decide soon.

Tiers 4 thru 7.

• Cool 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,524 battles
27 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Nope the IJN doesn't stand a chance!  The USN will reign supreme just as it did in the original Marianas Turkey Shoot!  :cap_rambo:

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles
6 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Tiers 4 thru 7.

I know that, I was implying that since I already have a line finished that I could continue to grind other lines in the IJN towards ten.  The Cruiser and DD lines are only at tier 6 for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

Also, I consider the notion that one national line of players is better than other.  I've seen enough dumb plays by many people across different ships to know better.  Most especially when you consider that there is nothing stopping people from playing multiple national ship lines.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

I predict the opposite, and that things are stacked against the IJN.

First of all, most players are potatoes. And this may sway them into picking the USN since getting 750 xp is obviously easier than getting 1250xp. For a below average player, it's smarter to try getting 750 xp for 1 point, than trying for the harder 1250 xp and possibly failing and getting nothing.

Second of all this is the North AMERICAN server, and for obvious reasons players on the USN team is going to outnumber the IJN. It's just a question of how heavily. On this server at least, the US team is going to have sheer weight of numbers on its side. It might be closer on the EU server.

2 points for a win in an IJN ship means nothing, if a far bigger US team outnumbers them 2-3 to 1 and has an easier target to reach.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
151 posts
3,133 battles

IJN Ships are much weaker... it will be a massacre.

EDIT: Oh wait it is an event thingy (I have better things to do than grind my weekend in Wow)..boo..I thought we would actually be playing battles between all us and all IJN ships...

Edited by Suraknar
typos
  • Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
441 posts
4,076 battles

Let's see here...  Tier IV-VII

Currently in-port  (I sold off all my tech-tree ships):

IJN --  Ashitaka and Mutsu.  

USN -- Ark, TX, WV41, AZ, Monaghan,  ATL, and Indianapolis.   

'taka sounds like fun.  But my gut is telling me to go with ATL. 

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

I think you guys are reading the info wrong

the prizes are split between USN and IJN, so you're only competing against players who picked the same team.

Members
579 posts
6,881 battles
9 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

the prizes are split between USN and IJN, so you're only competing against players who picked the same team.

Members of the winning team do get two extra crates though.

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

I have a good idea how this will end. I mean USA (with it’s allies) did this with one arm tied behind its back (Europe).

Let the trash talking begin!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I'm kind of ashamed of picking the USN for this one, but I have a lot more USN ships I am interested in playing than IJN.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Do we have to wait before we can join, or are the buttons just no working for me?

Go to the website, make sure you are signed in and click on one. You only get ONE choice, ONE time. No switching. 

Members
183 posts
14,980 battles

Going IJN Myoko is my most played ship and play well in it even if I'm bottom tiered just ground through the Desmoines Legendary Mod so need to give USN a rest for a few days.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,612 posts
34,426 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

2 points for a win in an IJN ship means nothing, if a far bigger US team outnumbers them 2-3 to 1 and has an easier target to reach.

1 point for a win.  Doesn't matter which side.

[NWNG]
Members
2,910 posts
4,823 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Go to the website, make sure you are signed in and click on one. You only get ONE choice, ONE time. No switching. 

That doesn't answer my question.