You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kuramitsu

German secondary changes! and some other stuff that's not German buff

23 comments in this topic

[LLF]
Beta Testers
411 posts

Finally good news about German ships getting a secondary buff woohoo!

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-french-arc-new-map-balance-changes-cfddea7f8d11?fbclid=IwAR0NZH8U4hssC_3ups9cj4LWrZLgkYHW8pxhDDv0wAH3XNhPaRxm09G1QzA

ST, French arc, new map, balance changes

Go to the profile of Devblog Wows
Jun 20

A French arc will begin with the release of the 0.8.6 update featuring the early access to French destroyers. The port of Marseille is decorated to celebrate the event.

1*JYTwDiZLD_Hiheh5erPA6Q.jpeg

There will be 4 directives, completing which you can earn containers. From them you can get combat missions for early access to French destroyers of tiers V — VIII.

A new temporary resource — ‘Republic’ tokens is also added. You can get it for different activities in game and exchange in the Armory for in-game goodies. Permanent camouflages, “French Navy” are available for French destroyers, giving the standard bonuses of permanent camouflages depending on the tier of the ship.

New camouflage added, with the following bonuses:

• -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • +100% XP per battle
  • +75% Commander XP per battle
  • +50% Free XP per battle

1*Za1La0dWaIdb5wdluJiIxw.jpeg

New map “Crash Zone Alpha” is added to the game. The name was proposed by the MDF clan from the Clan Special Test. The visuals of the map resemble the white cliffs of Dover and is complemented by wrecked ships. The map is for battles of tiers VIII — X in two versions of the “Domination” mode: with 3 or 4 key areas. In Random battles, the layout of islands on the sides of key areas makes the approach to them safer and allows for flank attacks. Due to the height difference of some islands, they can’t serve as dependable cover. In Clan battles the proximity of “home” key areas changes the usual tactics: these areas are not the safest.

1*ylG1kO08O5XtpVT963nleQ.jpeg

1*gGYhsrC3NB5aF7arC3jwhA.jpeg

New, sunny weather is added to the “Greece” map, and islands at the back of the teams are changed so that they provide better cover.

1*gAMGRf6iF9ag78gv9lCNWw.jpeg

French cruiser Henri IV, tier X:

• Main caliber guns reload time increased from 12.3 to 13 s.

Henri IV is one of the most efficient cruisers. A large caliber and Main Battery Reload Booster consumable allow her to deal a high amount of damage. To balance the ship with her classmates, the reload time for main caliber guns is increased.

German cruisers Roon and Hindenburg, tiers IX and X:

• Main caliber reload time lowered from 11 to 10.5 s.

In the update 0.7.6 the reload time of these ships was increased and these German cruisers were balanced with other ships. But balance in game is not static, and further changes affected Roon and Hindenburg in comparison to cruisers of other nations. In the 0.7.9 update they got an additional charge of the Repair party consumable. Now, according to statistics, they are still weaker than other classmates in terms of combat efficiency, and lowered reload time will increase the total damage done by this two ships.

105 mm secondary guns on Tirpitz, Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin and tiers VIII — X German cruisers:

• Armor penetration increased from 17 to 25 mm.

The change will allow 105 mm secondaries of German ships to penetrate the plating of destroyers, battleships and cruisers of tiers VI — VII.

Japanese battleship Kii:

• Armor of citadel deck increased from 22 to 32 mm.

After penetrating the armor belt of the Kii, shells with a caliber of 356 mm and more didn’t ricochet against the thin armor of the citadel deck and penetrated it. To increase the survivability of the ship, the armor was increased from 22 to 32 mm.

German destroyer Z-23, tier VIII:

• The amount of HP of the stock hull is increased from 14 700 to 16 700.

The difference in the amount of HP between stock and researchable hulls is 4 800. This is a high amount for a destroyer, and to make the change smoother, the stock hull is improved.

Soviet destroyer Grozovoi, tier X:

• Main caliber guns reload time increased from 4 to 4.2 s.

Grozovi is one of the strongest destroyers at the moment. Extensive choice of consumables and good parameters allow the ship to fulfill almost any role in battle. Increased reload time will balance her with other destroyers.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
Members
5,149 posts
4,937 battles

I like how even Graffy Zeppy is getting her Secondaries buffed, along side Bismarck and Tirpitz. I can see some potential for even greater meme with her, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hopefully Tirpitz B isn't left behind. She's not specifically mentioned, but I'm guessing that she's included. The shiny bling-bling chrome Tirpitz needs some luv too, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

This got me thinking though: Scharnhorst is now the one with the old HE penetration value still on her 105mm secondaries. At least Gneisenau gets an uniform 128mm Secondaries on her top hull... while poor Shiny is left behind. Aww... lul. Maybe a buff for her secondaries too, someday? LAL.:Smile_hiding:

Still, I'm happy some lurve is headed toward some German ships, lol. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles

Henri IV nerf

Roon & Hindenburg buff (back tracking on Hindy's reload nerf from a while ago, not first time WG backtracked on a prior nerf, re Colorado's Sigma comedy)

So the German 105mm secondaries for High Tier ships are getting FDG's 105mm HE Pen Buff which itself happened not long ago.  I know a bunch of guys have been clamoring for this with Bismarck and Tirpitz.

7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

This got me thinking though: Scharnhorst is now the one with the old HE penetration value still on her 105mm secondaries. At least Gneisenau gets an uniform 128mm Secondaries on her top hull... while poor Shiny is left behind. Aww... lul. Maybe a buff for her secondaries too, someday? LAL.:Smile_hiding:

Scharnhorst doesn't need any help in Tier VII.  If anything, Gneisenau could probably use help instead.

n74mRJ8.jpg

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/na/ship_20190330.html

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,609 posts
6,287 battles

How about move all secondary targeting from waterline to deck level?  That’s the change they all need.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles
2 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

How about move all secondary targeting from waterline to deck level?  That’s the change they all need.  

The issue is for the AI, that also includes Main Battery.

[S_C_N]
Beta Testers
302 posts
1,770 battles

Excellent news! Gneis could use a small dispersion buff, but she's still a great ship.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,149 posts
4,937 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Gneisenau could probably use help

Hey, that's a great idea. Maybe WG should buff Gnei, along with Shiny, too. LOL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

:fish_cute_2:

Oh, and I forgot to mention... the notice also says about German cruisers at Tier VIII ~ X also getting the pen buff on their 105mm Secondaries...

Sooo...  does this also mean that the upcoming German Tier IX super cruiser, Siegfried, will also have the 1/4 pen on her 105mm Secondaries? I'm just curious. :fish_book::Smile_hiding:

[LLF]
Beta Testers
411 posts

I'm just glad they are finally buffing them. My GZ is gonna chew up more DDs that get too close now.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,565 posts

Gneis is a very nice ship, could use a small main battery dispersion buff given the small gun count and the way the overall ship pool has changed.

[SUCIT]
Members
355 posts
14,022 battles
53 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

does this also mean that the upcoming German Tier IX super cruiser, Siegfried, will also have the 1/4 pen on her 105mm Secondaries? I'm just curious.

Siegfried has the 128mm secondaries Kurfurst has, and they already have 31mm of HE pen as they have 1/4 pen. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,418 posts
9,161 battles
1 hour ago, Kuramitsu said:

I'm just glad they are finally buffing them. My GZ is gonna chew up more DDs that get too close now.

I might respec the GZ back to having IFHE now

[WOLF8]
Members
5,149 posts
4,937 battles
38 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Siegfried has the 128mm secondaries Kurfurst has, and they already have 31mm of HE pen as they have 1/4 pen. 

Oh... right. I forgot about that. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

[UN1]
Members
641 posts
2,329 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I like how even Graffy Zeppy is getting her Secondaries buffed, along side Bismarck and Tirpitz. I can see some potential for even greater meme with her, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hopefully Tirpitz B isn't left behind. She's not specifically mentioned, but I'm guessing that she's included. The shiny bling-bling chrome Tirpitz needs some luv too, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Still, I'm happy some lurve is headed toward some German ships, lol. :fish_cute_2:

Haha I wish, but it's not necessary.  Despite being 1/6 pen rule, the Scharnhorst's secondaries can penetrate everything of value at her own tier.  She does run into issues when facing T8/9 targets, but torpedoes can help close that difference.  At T8 though, the 1/6 pen rule is no longer sufficient to penetrate everything of value at their own tier.  So basically, a Scharnhorst can damage another Colorado just fine, but a Bismarck can't damage another North Carolina [with her 105mm's].

Kinda important when 2/3rds of the secondary DPM on these ships comes from those 105mm batteries!

The new 1/4 pen rule on the Bismarck/Tirpitz will allow players to do two things:

• Damage everything of value at their own tier without IFHE, including light cruiser armor, which is really nice. 
  • Not have to invest 4pts into IFHE.  Instead, players can choose to invest those points elsewhere, like FP or CE.  Players will also enjoy ~25% fire damage improvement from not having to invest in IFHE.

It's gonna rock.  I'm so excited! 

• Cool 1

[R0GU3]
Members
7 posts
4,518 battles

My concern is that the Siegfried will be far too similar to the Gneis to justify being tier 9

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,609 posts
6,287 battles
18 minutes ago, MavHunterZ said:

My concern is that the Siegfried will be far too similar to the Gneis to justify being tier 9

I am thinking the big-assed guns will make sure that’s not an issue.  

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,609 posts
6,287 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The issue is for the AI, that also includes Main Battery.

Change for the better is still change for the better.  

[LLF]
Beta Testers
411 posts
47 minutes ago, MavHunterZ said:

Well wargaming already stated that is going to have cruiser dispersion which is going to be much better then the gneis dispersion 

[VETSN]
Members
661 posts
5,537 battles

Poor Azuma... as if her armor wasn’t already crap, they go and do this.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,384 posts
5,327 battles
25 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Poor Azuma... as if her armor wasn’t already crap, they go and do this.

Yeah, because Azumas get into secondary range of German battleships SO frequently. (I kid)

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,565 posts

Funny thing is, I was just contemplating a few nights ago whether I should by the French Saint Louis and start grinding torward Henri, since I keep hearing how awesome it is.   Glad I didn't pull the trigger, now I get to take this change into account before doing so.

[DOG]
Members
681 posts
8,215 battles
19 hours ago, comtedumas said:

That would be awesome.  Also, if they could make secondaries start shooting the instant a target moves into range, that would help.  Right now, if you zoom in a ship to watch the animation, you'll see the secondaries tend to point straight forward or straight aft when nothing is within range, and they don't start traversing until after a target crosses the range threshold.  Even if they just did it for targets already designated via the MFCSA captain skill, that would be better than what we have now.  It's far too easy for a target to move into range, shoot and/or launch, and then duck behind an island or into smoke before the secondaries can get a shot off.  (And I play DDs most of the time.)

[UEFN]
Members
971 posts
17,572 battles

No Bueno...the GZ is still the worst piece of garbage T8 CV in game.