You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Premium Ships and Credits

14 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
1,252 posts
8,814 battles

Is there a hidden "credit earning" factor baked in to premium ships, that is not tied to the camo?  Or are they just better credit earners because they get the camo with the bonuses?

I recently got some doubloons and am looking hard at the Minotaur camo.  Its a ship I do well in, but it always seems to lose credits if not played with premium time.  The camo has the same exact bonuses as Salem, so would I expect about the same credit earning potential?  If not, I may just go with 2 months of premium time, grind as many credits as I can, and then just deal with the idea of losing credits when I play her :(

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,688 posts
3,560 battles

I know in WoT Blitz all tanks had a specific coefficient on them, and you could actually look it up on a table and see which tank in the game made you the most and the least. 

I'm sure it's the same or similar here... how do you think Missouri happened?

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

Yes.  Premium ships have an increased credit % modifier.  It varys from ship to ship and I dont know if anyone has cracked it exactly but officially it is not public information what exactly those modifiers are.  

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
13 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Is there a hidden "credit earning" factor baked in to premium ships, that is not tied to the camo?  Or are they just better credit earners because they get the camo with the bonuses?

I recently got some doubloons and am looking hard at the Minotaur camo.  Its a ship I do well in, but it always seems to lose credits if not played with premium time.  The camo has the same exact bonuses as Salem, so would I expect about the same credit earning potential?  If not, I may just go with 2 months of premium time, grind as many credits as I can, and then just deal with the idea of losing credits when I play her :(

Yes....always has been.

Read the description.

KrUWULd.png

Edited by awiggin

[HINON]
Supertester
21,358 posts
15,060 battles

Premium ships have a built-in credit earning bonus and cheaper repairs that is independant of the XP bonuses on their camouflages.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,342 posts
11,846 battles

If you can swing both the permanent camouflage and premium time you will rarely lose money in tier 10's baring an early match face plant.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

Long term, premium cammo would be better.

It never expires.

[RKN]
Privateers
5 posts
6,578 battles

T10 Premium camos are one of the best investments you can make.  They make even the worst T10 games earn credits and the best games you'll earn loads.  I purchase them for all my T10s.

Members
676 posts
17,622 battles

A Mino with premium camo will have worse earning potential than a Salem with premium camo.

The credit bonus modifiers might be the same for a Mino with perma camo and a Salem with a perma camo, but...

... premium ships actually have reduced service costs as well.

Here's a list of service costs at each tier, including premium (perma) camo and premium ship with premium camo:

image.png.c0ea7129f3ecbee8d040b41ba57abf40.png

If we take your question regarding the Mino and the Salem and their earning potential; we see that the Mino with perma camo gets a -50% modifier to its service cost, bringing it down to 90,000 credits. However, Salem is a premium ship with a perma camo, which means it gets a -50% modifier for being a premium ship on top of the -50% modifier for the camo, costing just 45,000 credits; which is about the same as a T7 tech tree ship. You can drop this even further with flags and get as low as 18,000 credits, which is significantly lower than a T6 tech tree ship.

TL;DR; Salem is a better credit earner than a Mino. I myself easily clear 400k profit per game in a Salem.

But if getting a T10 premium is not an option, you will not regret getting a perma camo for your T10 tech tree ship. (Unless you bought it before you ever used the ship and realized that you are not very good at it or that the meta has changed so significantly that the ship basically died as a viable option. *cough*Khab*cough*.)

Edited by yacskn

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,499 posts
6,886 battles
4 hours ago, yacskn said:

A Mino with premium camo will have worse earning potential than a Salem with premium camo.

The potential is the same in terms of earning raw base credits. It really the difference of a Mino vs. a Des Moines.

Salem in particular (and by extension other tier 10 premiums) just have a lower service that makes her more economical to use or guaranteed to always run a profit.

Members
676 posts
17,622 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

The potential is the same in terms of earning raw base credits. It really the difference of a Mino vs. a Des Moines.

Salem in particular (and by extension other tier 10 premiums) just have a lower service that makes her more economical to use or guaranteed to always run a profit.

I have two ships.

Ship A is making a profit of 180k average per game. Ship B is making a profit of 225k per game.

Which one has a bigger earning potential?

You're being pedantic and arguing just to argue.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles

Premium ships have baked in earnings but a select few have perma camos that make em even more profitable. 

9371EC78-9C35-4421-BAA5-E347EF0CE9FB.gif

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

Members
3,637 posts
3,938 battles

I think the ARP ships, and maybe the dragon ships, are the only ones with a premium moniker who do not receive a repair and credit bonus. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,499 posts
6,886 battles
1 hour ago, yacskn said:

I have two ships.

Ship A is making a profit of 180k average per game. Ship B is making a profit of 225k per game.

Which one has a bigger earning potential?

You're being pedantic and arguing just to argue.

It's to avoid misconceptions of tier 10 premiums earning more than tier 9s or even tier 8s cause the credit earning potential for tier 9s would be higher than the tier 10s due to way they are now and tier 8 credit earnings are comparable to tier 10 perma camos with some being even more.

Between Salem vs. any other tier 9 premiums, the latter has a higher potential to earn more even with the super low service cost of the Salem.

A flat difference of 45k credits becomes increasingly less noticeable once the modifiers kicks in from various bonuses. So in the long run, Salem pales in comparison to tier 9 premiums and would be more closer in line with tier 8s.