Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Future coal ships?

19 comments in this topic

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles

It was mentioned by WG at some point that Yoshino will be available for coal.  Now there's Georgia for coal, and there are number of new ships coming to the game (Smolensk, Colbert, and some DDs).  Was there any word about what ships will be made available for coal?

For me coal collection is exceedingly slow, since I am totally free-to-play for 6+ months, with no plans to change that.  If I get Georgia now, it's going to take a very, very long time before I can get any other high tier coal ship.  I got Jean Bart, but no Salem.  I do own Zao and Moskva (both with permacamo from the whale days) for that T10 cruiser itch, so Salem does not really excite me.  I am considering Georgia and, possibly, Yoshino (if they make it more appealing than Zao before it goes live).  But Smolensk does look pretty good, although I doubt it will be made available for coal...

[VETSN]
Members
652 posts
5,497 battles

Check Developer’s Corner for ship updates.  They will announce prices there.  There is no word yet on most of these ships in regards to pricing yet. 

Edited by BarneyStyle

[VW]
Members
2,935 posts
15,478 battles

Nevermind some will come for steel.

i’m in the same boat as you, wondering georgia on me mind vs salem.

[SUCIT]
Members
348 posts
13,950 battles

for all the upcoming T9 and T10 ships, I think this

Benham: confirmed available for Fuel Tokens next patch

Somers: the opposite of Hayate (if Hayate is coal, Somers is steel, and vice versa)

Smolensk: something's telling me this is steel replacing Stalingrad

Colbert: Coal, replacing Salem

Hayate: opposite of Somers (if Somers is steel, Hayate is coal, and vice versa)

Thunderer: announced as premium, but previews show her without a camo and her perma camo is 5k dubloons, suggesting tech tree, but if not, coal

Siegfried: T9 supercruiser, 1million Free XP

Friesland: Free XP or coal, because among first ships added to a new nation and would likely be accessible to more people

Ohio: I hope its coal or Free XP, but I can already tell its steel.

• Cool 1

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
14 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Siegfried: T9 supercruiser, 1million Free XP

Gneisenau gun set up with cruiser accuracy?  Sounds a whole lot like Georgia with torps...

[TF-60]
Members
375 posts
10,621 battles

Why do you think sommers and hayate will be opposites?

assuming this is true, which will most likely be coal?

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
4 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

And?

If Siegfried and Georgia are sold for different currency, it is likely that I will get both.  If they are both sold for coal though, that would mean I get to only play one in foreseeable future, which would be regrettable.

[3COWS]
Members
681 posts
10,924 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

It was mentioned by WG at some point that Yoshino will be available for coal.  Now there's Georgia for coal, and there are number of new ships coming to the game (Smolensk, Colbert, and some DDs).  Was there any word about what ships will be made available for coal?

For me coal collection is exceedingly slow, since I am totally free-to-play for 6+ months, with no plans to change that.  If I get Georgia now, it's going to take a very, very long time before I can get any other high tier coal ship.  I got Jean Bart, but no Salem.  I do own Zao and Moskva (both with permacamo from the whale days) for that T10 cruiser itch, so Salem does not really excite me.  I am considering Georgia and, possibly, Yoshino (if they make it more appealing than Zao before it goes live).  But Smolensk does look pretty good, although I doubt it will be made available for coal...

If I play world of warships between 10 games to 20 games a day I do estimate that I could get the georgia in around 1 month and 2 weeks.

I always select more resources on the daily containers and we seem to get a lot of missions for coal so the time frame is not that bad at all. 

It is not like Im investing my time in something like DayZ or escape from Tarkov where you can loose everything at a moments notice. 

So the progression I think is fine, but if you want to advocate for them to increase coal output, I wouldn't say no :P

[SUCIT]
Members
348 posts
13,950 battles
6 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Why do you think sommers and hayate will be opposites?

assuming this is true, which will most likely be coal?

there're both T10 DDs, and they practically opposite each other. Somers is more of a torp boat compared to Gearing with weaker guns. Hayate has better guns and AA than Shimakaze, but 5 less torps and worse concealment. Honestly, I can't really 100% say what will be coal and what will be steel, but seeing the Japanese have fewer high tier premiums than the US, I would think Hayate would be coal.

[TF-60]
Members
375 posts
10,621 battles
5 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

there're both T10 DDs, and they practically opposite each other. Somers is more of a torp boat compared to Gearing with weaker guns. Hayate has better guns and AA than Shimakaze, but 5 less torps and worse concealment. Honestly, I can't really 100% say what will be coal and what will be steel, but seeing the Japanese have fewer high tier premiums than the US, I would think Hayate would be coal.

Hope you are right about hayate being coal—I have Black and plan to get benham.  Hayate would provide a change from the standard IJN boats and be more accessible 

[TDRB]
Members
2,981 posts
8,958 battles

55 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Nevermind some will come for steel.

i’m in the same boat as you, wondering georgia on me mind vs salem.

Georgia or Salem??? I'm going with the Georgia. A T9 BB will be played more at this time than a T10 cruiser. That is me but I understand you debating which to go with.

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
33 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

If I play world of warships between 10 games to 20 games a day I do estimate that I could get the georgia in around 1 month and 2 weeks.

I probably play between 10 games to 20 games a week.  That’s after the extra games I was putting in to get the Lazo for free.

[3COWS]
Members
681 posts
10,924 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

I probably play between 10 games to 20 games a week.  That’s after the extra games I was putting in to get the Lazo for free.

Yeah so maybe it does have to be adjusted for more casual players then. 
Lets see if they will perhaps change it then. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,655 posts
17 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

WG is very unlikely to make getting free ships in the game easier.  The concept of coal was introduced, partially, because many players have an LOT of FXP sitting around from just playing the game a LOT over many years.

Coal fixes this problem because there is a limit on how much one can get per day, not per games played like FXP.  The solution that coal creates to that problem, is a hard limit on grinding the resource. 

The model used to be either spend money or play a lot.  The model is now either spend money or play the game consistently over time. Coal acquisition is slower very much on purpose. It not only keeps the player from burning out but also coming back tomorrow.

The slower they can make progression, while maintaining a reasonably happy player base, the more money they stand to make.

[SUCIT]
Members
348 posts
13,950 battles
49 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Hope you are right about hayate being coal—I have Black and plan to get benham.  Hayate would provide a change from the standard IJN boats and be more accessible 

I actually forgot about Black. She's steel, so I don't see WG making a T9 and T10 dd from one nation made available for the same currency. With that in mind, either what I said is reversed (Somers coal Hayate steel,) or WG will be lenient and both will be coal, possibly relegating another upcoming T10 (my guess Colbert) behind a steel wall.

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
1 hour ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Nah.  I really don't want them to adjust coal earning rates.  This will only go one way - substantial premium price inflation.  WG was pretty fair with coal thus far, for example Georgia was offered at the same price point as Jean Bart, with over six month of time span in between releases.  Alaska price was inflated by 33% in similar time frame (compared to Kronshtadt in similar class/role), because free XP was found to be easier to farm with time.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,935 posts
15,478 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Georgia or Salem??? I'm going with the Georgia. A T9 BB will be played more at this time than a T10 cruiser. That is me but I understand you debating which to go with.

i know, but i already have miz, mushy, and jb. another tier 10 means a free supercontainer once a year, plus i might actually play it since i wont lose money by doing so. will also be useful with 19pt commander. i like georgia for the lolz of the secondaries, but in randoms, not sure that's that useful

[TDRB]
Members
2,981 posts
8,958 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

i know, but i already have miz, mushy, and jb. another tier 10 means a free supercontainer once a year, plus i might actually play it since i wont lose money by doing so. will also be useful with 19pt commander. i like georgia for the lolz of the secondaries, but in randoms, not sure that's that useful

Yes, you must look to which ship fills your "needs" the best. We all have different situations. Good luck with which ever ship you choose.

Sign in to follow this