You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Can We Get A Price List?

10 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,746 posts
18,931 battles

Just curious if we could get the resource and / or price list for upcoming Tier 9 and 10 Premiums.

Solmensk

Colbert

Ohio

Friesland

Siegfried 

Benham

Sommers

All works in progress that should fall into one of 4 categories; steel, coal, free experience, or event tokens/real money. 

Which ship is going for what amount of what resource though? With a coupon coming shortly and ranked about to wrap up but ranked sprint starting, I want to know if I should pull the trigger on any of the ships I want currently or wait for other ships I will want when released. While free experience is easy to get as well as using real cash, steel is a very rare commodity and coal to a lesser degree.

I cant make an educated decision without knowing what ships will be available for what resource. I'd rather hold out for Colbert or Smolensk but I'm interested in Stalingrad as well. I have enough steel for 1 ship before I have to grind in every steel awarding event for the next half a year to get the next. So I'm asking WG to consider releasing at least some information for future planning of my resources.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 3

-Members-
1,640 posts
767 battles
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Just curious if we could get the resource and / or price list for upcoming Tier 9 and 10 Premiums.

Solmensk

Colbert

Ohio

Friesland

Siegfried 

Benham

Sommers

All works in progress that should fall into one of 4 categories; steel, coal, free experience, or event tokens/real money. 

Which ship is going for what amount of what resource though? With a coupon coming shortly and ranked about to wrap up but ranked sprint starting, I want to know if I should pull the trigger on any of the ships I want currently or wait for other ships I will want when released. While free experience is easy to get as well as using real cash, steel is a very rare commodity and coal to a lesser degree.

I cant make an educated decision without knowing what ships will be available for what resource. I'd rather hold out for Colbert or Smolensk but I'm interested in Stalingrad as well. I have enough steel for 1 ship before I have to grind in every steel awarding event for the next half a year to get the next. So I'm asking WG to consider releasing at least some information for future planning of my resources.

Hey Skuggsja,

We appreciate you asking this question and the simple answer is keep an eye on the Developer's Blog for future information regarding any of the ships in testing/announced. Once we are ready to announce which resource/means of obtaining these ships we will definitely do that for you captains!

Thanks!

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,481 posts
8,749 battles

I'm feeling you, OP.  I have some interest in the Neustrashimmy but I really want a Benham and Sommers so I'm sitting on my steel just in case.  

WG: the sooner and more completely you let us know these things, the more freely we're going to spend our various currencies.  Everybody likes to be able to plan ahead.

• Cool 2

Members
426 posts
11,904 battles
48 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Skuggsja,

We appreciate you asking this question and the simple answer is keep an eye on the Developer's Blog for future information regarding any of the ships in testing/announced. Once we are ready to announce which resource/means of obtaining these ships we will definitely do that for you captains!

Thanks!

I agree with OP very much. It's very frustrating to be interested in a future ship, but not know which currency it will be sold for, which means you don't know which resource or stockpile or prepare to spend. 

The way Steel ships have been released, even if you get every bit of steel available from clan battles and ranked, you can only buy one steel ship every six months or so, which has been about how often they're released. So you really have to hold onto it and spend it carefully. 

Leaving the players in the dark for so long just leads to frustration. I think when a ship is announced a currency should also be announced so players can plan. Saving up coal, steel or free XP can take months or longer for players, and that's how long some ships stay in development. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,620 posts
20 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I agree with OP very much. It's very frustrating to be interested in a future ship, but not know which currency it will be sold for, which means you don't know which resource or stockpile or prepare to spend. 

The way Steel ships have been released, even if you get every bit of steel available from clan battles and ranked, you can only buy one steel ship every six months or so, which has been about how often they're released. So you really have to hold onto it and spend it carefully. 

Leaving the players in the dark for so long just leads to frustration. I think when a ship is announced a currency should also be announced so players can plan. Saving up coal, steel or free XP can take months or longer for players, and that's how long some ships stay in development. 

They do this partially on purpose.

If they announce how a ship will be obtained a long time before it will be released, everyone who wants it will have the in game resources avaliable as soon as or very soon after it's release.

This not only is bad for player longevity, it's bad for sales.  Keeping things quiet will mean that more players will have to play longer and grind for a resource they might be low on, or just spend money in the shop to get the thing they want right away.

From a business perspective, I don't blame them.  With the way this game's income is financially modeled, keeping the player "on their toes" is in their advantage.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
35 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If they announce how a ship will be obtained a long time before it will be released, everyone who wants it will have the in game resources avaliable as soon as or very soon after it's release.

This not only is bad for player longevity, it's bad for sales.  Keeping things quiet will mean that more players will have to play longer and grind for a resource they might be low on, or just spend money in the shop to get the thing they want right away.

I can see it cutting both ways. Knowing what your options were might push someone into buying one or more of those ships that can also be obtained for money, so as to conserve in-game resources for those which can't (assuming we will never see T10 - e.g. Yoshino, Salem - being sold directly for cash).

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,466 posts
17,674 battles

The Arsenal Ship Coupon is replaced in just over a day from now...  if you still have it, buy buy buy!  I picked up a Neustrashimy myself :).

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,608 posts
34,396 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

The Arsenal Ship Coupon is replaced in just over a day from now...  if you still have it, buy buy buy!  I picked up a Neustrashimy myself :).

I'll be getting the Salem either today or tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,746 posts
18,931 battles
28 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

That's part of my issue, um going to have to wait 6 months for another one but I'd rather hold onto it if Colbert or Smolensk will be out soon. 

3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

They do this partially on purpose.

From a business perspective, I don't blame them.  With the way this game's income is financially modeled, keeping the player "on their toes" is in their advantage.

Except that you cant buy steel and not really coal either. I see your point, and you're not wrong it just doesnt apply to steel ships and only slightly to coal ships. (Being that you can buy containers with coal sometimes but that's real money and a horrible value for it)

Members
204 posts
9,426 battles

Yes, please. As soon as the new ship coupon drops, my coal will start burning a hole in my pocket.:fish_boom: I am not good at waiting.

Edited by Caledanicus
Ok, I will try to be patient like a good boy. Will not waste my coal and coupon on first shiny ship I see.