Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Co-op and Tier-4-friendly event on this weekend.

30 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles

Primary goals are 750 BXP games for US ships and 1250 BXP for Japanese ships, between T4 and T7 inclusive.

Secondary goals are VICTORIES IN BATTLE, and co-op counts (as does Randoms; ranked and scenarios do not).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,728 posts
11,201 battles

You'd sure need a monster game in Co-Op to clear that 1250XP hurdle, n'est pas?

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,277 posts
20,288 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If it’s collectible or multiple games, then it is as @Ensign_Cthulhu said; not exactly sure, since my original presumption was that it had to be in single games...

...basically limiting it to Randoms and high tiers, (unless someone is a blue/purple of course.)

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If it’s collectible or multiple games, then it is as @Ensign_Cthulhu said; not exactly sure, since my original presumption was that it had to be in single games...

...basically limiting it to Randoms and high tiers, (unless someone is a blue/purple of course.)

It's single game BXP results. 750 BXP in ONE game in a US ship gets 1 point. 1250 BXP in ONE game in an IJN ship gets 2 points. You also get a point for a win in either so Co-op players can wrack up the points that way. The US is the team to take if you only play Co-op as you at least have a chance at hitting 750 BXP. I have done it with Atlanta and New Mexico (both 800+). 1250 BXP in a T4-T7 however is pretty much a non starter for a Co-op main. That is the BXP you see at T9/T10 with insane monster games.

Again though, a win = 1 point so this can work for Co-op as you should easily win 90%+ of the games where as in PVP it's 50 % +/-.

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
681 posts
6,793 battles

1250 base XP in CO-OP.... fat chance.

Once had a game in T7 Gneisenau. Killed 7 of the 8 reds and still well below even the 1k mark.

[RLGN]
Members
11,277 posts
20,288 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's single game BXP results. 750 BXP in ONE game in a US ship gets 1 point. 1250 BXP in ONE game in an IJN ship gets 2 points. You also get a point for a win in either so Co-op players can wrack up the points that way. The US is the team to take if you only play Co-op as you at least have a chance at hitting 750 BXP. I have done it with Atlanta and New Mexico (both 800+). 1250 BXP in a T4-T7 however is pretty much a non starter for a Co-op main. That is the BXP you see at T9/T10 with insane monster games.

Again though, a win = 1 point so this can work for Co-op as you should easily win 90%+ of the games where as in PVP it's 50 % +/-.

Good, at least the two are separate requirements.

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
2 minutes ago, freggo said:

1250 base XP in CO-OP.... fat chance.

Once had a game in T7 Gneisenau. Killed 7 of the 8 reds and still well below even the 1k mark.

I have done it but not in T4-T7 ships. It is possible in T9/T10 but T4-T7 would take a bloody miracle. Also, it takes more than kills and damage to pull off high BXP. WHAT the damage was done to, capping, defend ribbons, planes down(old system anyway), etc... also heavily influence it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good, at least the two are separate requirements.

Dear God, yes, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it here.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles

In Co-op, you need an absolute monster game to get 750 BaseXP.  1250 BaseXP?  In Co-op?  :Smile_veryhappy:

At least we can power through for Win requirements.  It's probably going to be busy in Co-op this weekend.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's probably going to be busy in Co-op this weekend.

Be ready for the high-tier campers who haven't learned that that s**t don't fly here. Win rates may go down a bit; on the other hand, the human population increasing means there will probably be fewer bot-heavy teams that faceplant because the green bots are potatoes.

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,588 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu, thanks for the signal boost.

I just need to figure out which side to run.  I don't reliably get 750 Base XP in Randoms at these Tiers, so I am not going to worry about that.

I have captains on both sides that could use some additional XP.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles
39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Be ready for the high-tier campers who haven't learned that that s**t don't fly here. Win rates may go down a bit; on the other hand, the human population increasing means there will probably be fewer bot-heavy teams that faceplant because the green bots are potatoes.

It's probably going to be more efficient farming these things in Co-op than in PVP.  PVP battles easily get into 10, 15, even the full 20 minutes.  Technically you can get more rewards via PVP because you can get both the BaseXP (750 is easy in Randoms) and the Win.  But there's no guarantee you can win in PVP, hell you can get long losing streaks even.  So the best you can typically hope for is 1 point via BaseXP.

Meanwhile in Co-op, a win is virtually automatic, most especially so when there's full player teams.  Combine this with the 3, 4, 5 minute games, the most efficient route becomes obvious.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But there's no guarantee you can win in PVP, hell you can get long losing streaks even.  So the best you can typically hope for is 1 point via BaseXP.

Meanwhile in Co-op, a win is virtually automatic, most especially so when there's full player teams.  Combine this with the 3, 4, 5 minute games, the most efficient route becomes obvious.

All this is true. It depends on your needs; you might be willing to accept the Random losses knowing you can still potentially break over 750BXP (or maybe even 1250 if you are good enough) in the process, and that may better serve whatever other agenda you have (e.g. captain or ship grinding with lots of flags piled on).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

All this is true. It depends on your needs; you might be willing to accept the Random losses knowing you can still potentially break over 750BXP (or maybe even 1250 if you are good enough) in the process, and that may better serve whatever other agenda you have (e.g. captain or ship grinding with lots of flags piled on).

Just talking efficiency here... But the duration of PVP games kills it.  These games can go a very long time compared to 3, 4, 5 minute Co-op games.  If the event rewarded higher and higher points for better peformance, i.e. 1pt for 750 BaseXP, +1 more for 1500 BaseXP, +1 more for 2000 BaseXP, etc... Then it's really look good for the Randoms guys.

[TCNNA]
Members
969 posts
16,665 battles

Time to use Sims in coop. 

Easy to take a win and fast battle. 

At 10 points get two crates. 

Then stop and go play as usual.

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In Co-op, you need an absolute monster game to get 750 BaseXP.  1250 BaseXP?  In Co-op?  :Smile_veryhappy:

At least we can power through for Win requirements.  It's probably going to be busy in Co-op this weekend.

In the old CV system 1250 was possible. Very hard but theoretically possible. There have been some 1250+ BXP games posted in this thread if memory serves. Generally speaking it is the T9/T10 ships that could do it although I seem to recall a really crazy Atlanta game someone posted that was over 1250 (maybe last year?).

In 14K Co-op games I have broken 1000 BXP 12 times so far. My highest to date is 1219 in Montana. I am an average player so again, in theory, 1250 is not impossible.

With that said almost every one of those games where I broke 1000 BXP, and the Montana 1219 specifically, had high planes down #'s. I have not cracked 1000 BXP since 8.0 dropped and bot CV's left Co-op. I have had HUGE games with 200K damage, 5-6 kills, multiple caps and other things that aid BXP and have only got into the 900 range.

I don't think the 1250 will be done by anyone playing IJN ships in Co-op because...

• No CV on bot side so no planes to shoot down which are needed (or were - now?) for high Co-op BXP
  • The tiers you can play at. MAYBE T6/T7 might pull it off but T4/T5 no way.

The 750 BXP for US ships is much more doable although even that won't be easy.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles

This old Marine just joined the US Navy.  God help us!

I ought to be able to carve out 10 wins this weekend to get a couple of crates!  Who knows, if the US wins I will get another 2 crates.  The last time I had 4 of these crates, I scored two premium ships!

I'm sorry Chesty!  God bless you wherever you are!

0758109133fef0b3704ff7430590b149--usmc-e

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Members
200 posts
3,867 battles

Maybe 1 in 4 or 5 games in a torpedo DD like clemy or nicholas can I get 750 base.  Once in a blue moon get like 900 something.   Even if you know what you are doing, if the other players also know then the game ends too fast.  1250 pretty much must be done in random.  WG.... need a coop mode with more red ships!!  Are you there??    ....    Didn't think so....

Considering 750 in random isn't too hard, this can probably be cleared in random faster.... but it's a close call. 

Speaking of Bot CV's don't they return at .8.5?  When does that drop?

Edited by YouSatInGum

[CO-OP]
Members
326 posts
17,818 battles

Racked up 20 wins today in qualifying boats. See if we can rinse and repeat. 

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles

From what I understand, 10 wins is the maximum for points accrual.  XP per game (750 or 1250) is the gift that keeps on giving, yes?

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
21 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Speaking of Bot CV's don't they return at .8.5?  When does that drop?

0.8.6, which is this coming Wednesday plus four weeks. In the meantime, play the apocalypse event and grind 19 point loan captains.

4 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

From what I understand, 10 wins is the maximum for points accrual.  XP per game (750 or 1250) is the gift that keeps on giving, yes?

Where did you get that? IIRC, 10 wins guarantees you two crates, beyond ten wins you get no extra PERSONAL gain, but you still keep on accumulating points for your team. If the TEAM wins, everyone who got 10 or more points gets an extra two crates.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Where did you get that? IIRC, 10 wins guarantees you two crates, beyond ten wins you get no extra PERSONAL gain, but you still keep on accumulating points for your team. If the TEAM wins, everyone who got 10 or more points gets an extra two crates.

Oh!  So you are saying that wins will still earn points for the team all weekend.  There is no limit to points for wins that you can accrue for the team.  Now I get it.  Thanks!  :cap_like:

Also thanks for using "IIRC".  I had to look it up and now I know more internet speak.  :Smile_Default:

[SS238]
Members
246 posts
28,384 battles

It appears that the idea that co-op wins alone will get points is incorrect. Our clan had numerous players yesterday play and win over 20 games in co-op and never saw a crate. It seems that the BXP requirement is required at all times. The 750 or 1250 BXP MUST be exceeded to get a point. If you exceed the BXP requirement AND are on the winning team, you get the extra point as a cherry on top.

Which means co-op players are NOT going to get much of a chance. AGAIN!

Members
53 posts
123 battles
2 hours ago, mushmouthmorton said:

It appears that the idea that co-op wins alone will get points is incorrect. Our clan had numerous players yesterday play and win over 20 games in co-op and never saw a crate. It seems that the BXP requirement is required at all times. The 750 or 1250 BXP MUST be exceeded to get a point. If you exceed the BXP requirement AND are on the winning team, you get the extra point as a cherry on top.

Which means co-op players are NOT going to get much of a chance. AGAIN!

I'm pretty sure no-one will get anything before the event is over - I mean, it's a reward for the event - and the event is still running?

Edit: Found on the EU forum:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119774-enlist-inside-and-win-premium-ships-–-battle-of-the-philippine-sea/?do=findComment&comment=3048188

Edited by MAD_3R_Marauder
adding source

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles

I wonder about progress because it's not specifically said.  To earn points:

Primary requirement are BaseXPs

Secondary is a Win

Do you need to have the primary requirement of BaseXPs first before the Win grants points?  There's no way to check, never mind leader board, you can't even check what you've personally accrued.

Unless I missed something?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway