You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Lower Tiers Win Again!!! Win-a-ship event with US/IJN Tier 4 eligibility this weekend!

45 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/ 

Tier 4 to Tier 7 US and Japanese ships are eligible, no type restrictions! (It could be a good warmup for T7 Ranked Sprint starting soon.)

It's co-op friendly too - winning battles wins points, given that co-op can't make the Base XP requirement for a points win on the Japanese side.

Bless you, WG - you are coming through with what the lower-tier fans need.

@NoZoupForYou, take note!

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 11

[SOFOP]
Members
1,242 posts
8,791 battles

750 base XP would be tough sledding on the US side too.  Even with like 100k damage and 4+ kills I think you only get like 600 or so.

Neat idea for an event.  I imagine the US side will be flooded on the NA server.

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,089 battles

Kuma kuma kuma kumaleon.......

Need to locate some red, gold, and green camo.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

750 base XP would be tough sledding on the US side too.

It certainly would, but I've seen evidence of (and occasionally had) monster games that would at least come close. But 1000 BXP in co-op is approaching the asymptote. It's doable, but rare. 1250 is just about impossible, so being able to accumulate wins is probably how a lot of people are going to go.

I picked Japan - even if I only accumulate the points on wins in co-op, it's something my Yubari and Ishizuchi can both be involved in and I can do it while retraining my BB captain for the Fuso.

• Cool 2

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Neat idea for an event.  I imagine the US side will be flooded on the NA server.

I know I'll pick US, just because I'm likely to have more than twice as many 750 base XP games than 1250 base XP games.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I know I'll pick US, just because I'm likely to have more than twice as many 750 base XP games than 1250 base XP games.

Just winning battles also counts.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,242 posts
8,791 battles

I'll probably just shoot for 10 wins and then just play as normal.  There will be people spamming hundreds, if not thousands of co-op games all weekend to try and get the top prize.  I ain't got time for dat.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,691 posts
11,173 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I'll probably just shoot for 10 wins and then just play as normal.  There will be people spamming hundreds, if not thousands of co-op games all weekend to try and get the top prize.  I ain't got time for dat.

Me neither.  It's a cool event, but with the time I do have, I'd like to try and rank out and get that finished off.

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just winning battles also counts.

True, but I'm going to get that 1 point about half the time, regardless of which side I play, not really a factor.

I'm going to have to look further, a quick pass over my stats actually shows me that, of the ships I have, New Mex, Ranger, and NO (maybe Nicholas and Omaha too, over 75-80% of their games were played on a free account) have avg. XP that would exceed the 750 mark. For IJN, Ryujo, Akatsuki, Myoko and Kongo are within reach, with a decent game.

It's looking like US is the safe bet, but IJN could be worth the risk.

[WOLFC]
Members
614 posts
5,087 battles

What I find interesting is that Musashi, a ship that is no longer available, is being awarded as the top prize for Japan. I remember when she and Kronstadt were removed WG claimed it was due to too many of them in the MM queue, and not because the ship was OP, but many assumed that was not really the case and we’d never see them again.

I wonder if this means Musashi (and perhaps Kronstadt) will be showing up in the premium shop sometime soon with a $80+ price tag? WG certainly seems to putting a lot a tier 9s up for sale recently.

Edited by Nevermore135

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles

Helena sits in port, growling softly...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

of the ships I have

To each their own; the way I'm looking at it is this:

1) The only Japanese ship I have at or above T8 right now is the Musashi.  EVERYTHING I have in the IJN tech-tree is eligible. Both T7 DD's, the Ryujo, the Myoko and the Fuso (even with her captain untrained) could all be adding (albeit slowly) to their grinds this weekend.

2) Every co-op game I play carries a very high chance of a win and a point, and advances the grind, even if by a little. 

3) Ishizuchi and Yubari have been kicking around uselessly almost since the time they were bought. Finally, it seems they have a purpose (with a side order of getting something done that needs doing).

4) While it's unlikely I'm going to win, two out of the three prizes on the US side are ships I already have. I'm not likely to get the Musashi, but I don't care because I already have her, and either of the other two would be welcome additions to my port.

5) Ten wins guarantees two naval aviation containers and two shots at a premium carrier (which quite frankly I would not be averse to winning).

Members
276 posts
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I remember when she and Kronstadt were removed WG claimed it was due to too many of them in the MM queue, and not because the ship was OP, but many assumed that was not really the case and we’d never see them again.

So, we can say goodbye to the Georgia then? 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

What I find interesting is that Musashi, a ship that is no longer available, is being awarded as the top prize for Japan.

They will be giving out ONE EACH in NA and EU, and the effort to get her will be herculean; I don't think that's exactly going to skew any numbers.

I suspect that whoever is good (or persistent) enough to get her is the sort of player who already has her, and they will take home a nice bundle of doubloons instead. That being said, part of me would like to see her go to some dirt-poor 14 year old kid who's just barely got enough coal to get themselves a Yubari in the Armory tonight, and spams it all weekend in co-op for the win.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
614 posts
5,087 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They will be giving out ONE EACH in NA and EU, and the effort to get her will be herculean; I don't think that's exactly going to skew any numbers.

I suspect that whoever is good (or persistent) enough to get her is the sort of player who already has her, and they will take home a nice bundle of doubloons instead. That being said, part of me would like to see her go to some dirt-poor 14 year old kid who's just barely got enough coal to get themselves a Yubari in the Armory tonight, and spams it all weekend in co-op for the win.

Oh, I agree completely. But there was a lot of speculation that her (and Kronstadt's) removal was really another case of WG permanently removing an "overpowered" ship and we would never see her made available again. This suggests this may not be the case. IIRC, this is the first case of WG awarding such a ship outside of the Christmas crates.

I'm anticipating a multitude of  "OMG, WG giving out OP ships!" rage threads. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
56 posts
4,934 battles

So what's to stop someone from just botting in co-op to spam ez points? I'm sceptical that anyone legit will end up with these prizes.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
6 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

But there was a lot of speculation that her (and Kronstadt's) removal was really another case of WG permanently removing an "overpowered" ship and we would never see her made available again.

I recall it being made quite clear that Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt had all entered the POTENTIAL roster of ships that could drop in a supercontainer. Granted, the probability is tiny, but it's there.

10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I'm anticipating a multitude of  "OMG, WG giving out OP ships!" rage threads. 

Possibly not, given the length of time for which the Musashi was available and the fact that her sister ship is in the tech-tree and therefore freely available.

2 minutes ago, Crimson_19 said:

So what's to stop someone from just botting in co-op to spam ez points?

The people who spam Randoms with high win rates and good games in losses will overtake them. I suspect there's a filter of some sort that we don't know about, which deals with such things. Botters usually walk away sunk, with less than a hundred base XP, in a co-op game and no kills (except on a blind-squirrel basis); continuous performance of that sort might kick them into an exclusion queue.

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To each their own; the way I'm looking at it is this:

1) The only Japanese ship I have at or above T8 right now is the Musashi.  EVERYTHING I have in the IJN tech-tree is eligible. Both T7 DD's, the Ryujo, the Myoko and the Fuso (even with her captain untrained) could all be adding (albeit slowly) to their grinds this weekend.

I have other IJN ships than I mentioned, just that the ones I mentioned have a decent chance of getting me 2 points, win or lose.

2) Every co-op game I play carries a very high chance of a win and a point, and advances the grind, even if by a little. 

And with the quicker speed of co-op games, you'll get those wins faster.

3) Ishizuchi and Yubari have been kicking around uselessly almost since the time they were bought. Finally, it seems they have a purpose (with a side order of getting something done that needs doing).

I like Yubari, but it can't cut the mustard for me, XP-wise.

It's cool how this event allows different approaches to the same goal.

The XP requirement will be tough in co-op, but the faster and more frequent wins offset that.

I'm going to be interested to see how different people's approaches work.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It's cool how this event allows different approaches to the same goal.

For all their faults, WG are incredibly generous with free access to premium stuff and (albeit with a few embarrassing hiccups) have bent over backwards to accommodate co-op exclusives. Given what we had to go through last year to win an older Tier 7 premium cruiser (Indianapolis), the relative ease with which one could win the T7 Lazo this year (to say nothing of the Murmansk!) was really quite stunning.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles

I picked Japan. I'm confident that I'll get points for the naval aviation containers fairly quickly. That's the extent of my ambition though, since I know the top prizes will obviously go to the no-lifers. I don't play anywhere near enough that I'd have a shot at those. Plus I already have Musashi and Atago, and don't want Ashitaka.

[WMD]
Members
958 posts
7,361 battles

I predict the T5-7 MM being flodded with premiums (Kami clones, Atlanta, etc.) as people spam them for the wins and base XP. 

I'm tempted to jump on the IJN side for the base xp bonus points, a decent game and a win usually get me above 1250 at T7. Though the likely outcome of USN winning means I'm more likely to get the extra two crates... Decisions, decisions.

[WOLFC]
Members
614 posts
5,087 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I recall it being made quite clear that Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt had all entered the POTENTIAL roster of ships that could drop in a supercontainer. Granted, the probability is tiny, but it's there.

You’re right, I stand corrected. :Smile_honoring: And that makes logical sense given the only one (officially) removed due to the characteristics of the ship was MO, and WG stated that was due to the economy rather than combat performance. I hope this indicates we’ll eventually see a return of the other two premium ships.

28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Possibly not, given the length of time for which the Musashi was available and the fact that her sister ship is in the tech-tree and therefore freely available.

Also the fact that post rework her AA is a much greater weakness that it used to be. But that won’t stop some on this forum.  I’m honestly more interested in what this may entail for Kronshtadt, and not just because I already have Musashi. Kron was only available for 6 months, I believe.

[PVE]
Members
9,298 posts
16,508 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/great-marinated-turkey-soup/ 

Tier 4 to Tier 7 US and Japanese ships are eligible, no type restrictions! (It could be a good warmup for T7 Ranked Sprint starting soon.)

It's co-op friendly too - winning battles wins points, given that co-op can't make the Base XP requirement for a points win on the Japanese side.

750 will be tough/very hard because of the ship tiers involved. Not totally impossible but 750 will be VERY tough as the higher tier ships are out.

Just out of curiosity I just went back and checked all my saved US game results for the qualifying tiers. TONS in the 600-700 range, a few in the 700-725 range, but only 2 that meet the 750+ requirement. I have an 894 game in Atlanta and an 803 game in New Mexico. Otherwise next closest was like 730 in Mahan as I recall.

Its not the 750 its the tiers you have to do it at. But, at least it is possible which is a big step up from recent contests and events where Co-op is totally excluded or the BXP requirement is flat out not doable. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thanks for the heads up @Ensign_Cthulhu :cat_cool:

Great chance to pick ups some Naval aviation containers as well.

Score 10 Team Points during the course of the event, you are guaranteed x2 Naval Aviation Containers.