Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

About WOLF clans

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts

I've had some particularly snotty comments aimed my way recently because of the clan I belong to. That's fine, just keep in mind that you're not actually hurting my feelings. I think the grind of ranked has just made everyone a little bit grouchy of late. I generally don't respond in-game to comments about my clan, but a couple recently made me think a statement here needs to be made (one of the saltier comments came from a fellow denizen of the forums). So...

 

Many people don't respect the WOLF clans because we don't force people to play clan battles and we don't have minimum entry requirements. I get that. But there are a couple of things to keep in mind about the WOLF clans in general, and WOLFB in particular, that I think some players need to be reminded of (and this goes beyond ranked) -

 

We don't take ourselves too seriously

We don't generally get pissy in chat (I'm probably the worst offender in this, to be honest)

We enjoy each other's company and manage to have fun a great deal of fun together

We do play clan battles, we're actually pretty decent at it, and we're always trying to improve our play

We do play in divisions (this seems to really surprise people at times)

But most of all - we never, ever give up. Don't tell me to end it quickly when I'm the last ship, and then get pissy when I ignore you. Not gonna happen. Same with most of the other guys in the clan. If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down swinging.

 

Just because we're in a WOLF clan doesn't mean we're idiots or bad players, though I know this statement won't stop some people from blaming us for...well...everything. It really just means we have a different philosophy about a game. 

  • Cool 42
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,458 posts
11,248 battles

Yea. God forbid someone not want to turn the game into a job.

Edited by HazardDrake
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,660
[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
25 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

Many people don't respect the WOLF clans

I respect the WOLF clans immensely, especially what they represent, and I probably would have joined one if Argosy hadn't offered me a place first. 

  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I respect the WOLF clans immensely, especially what they represent, and I probably would have joined one if Argosy hadn't offered me a place first. 

I've seen you in game a couple of times, and we would most certainly have appreciated you joining us. I hope ARGSY appreciates how fortunate they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
709
[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

Ohh you think WOLF clans get trash talked? <insert Willie Wonka meme here>

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
114 posts
10,587 battles

image.png.09510095d136cf25faae14c60d1d2aa6.png

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
7 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Ohh you think WOLF clans get trash talked? <insert Willie Wonka meme here>

It happens. 

 

And since you asked for it...

 

charlie-meme-23.jpg.a855a6ff3f37bcfd177829fd05daa8be.jpg

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
714
[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts

WOLFC - Canis Lupus - The original home of Beer Candied Bacon ... need I say more? :Smile_veryhappy:

beercandiedbacon.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[WOLF1]
Members
2,700 posts
33 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Yea. God forbid someone not want to turn the game into a job.

Yup, and we are actually pretty good at this GAME :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,660
[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
21 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

I hope ARGSY appreciates how fortunate they are.

Up until they made me an officer, I think I held the clan record for oil mined by line members. Persistence is everything. :Smile_teethhappy:

21 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

<insert Willie Wonka meme here>

The best one I ever saw was a pic of everyone who went into the factory with the text "The Original Hunger Games".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,149
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles
49 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

We enjoy each other's company and manage to have fun a great deal of fun together

It's interesting how that's evolved over time, since IIRC the original founding intent of [WOLF*] back in the day was to just gain clan base benefits without ever having to know or talk to the other people in the clan.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[LOSC]
[LOSC]
Members
399 posts

As a an Older Clan member of a group that started in 2001 playing the old GhostRecon I can give these thoughts.

A great clan is a group of like minded people from all walks of life.

Don't take the bovine scat that others say so seriously as not all people are mature.

Never expect everyone in your group to want to play the same games as you as games come and go like the tide but

a great partnership of team members can last decades. 

Currently Sparta does not really have many members playing Warships although we had more of a presence in Tanks and we had hundreds of folks playing our Servers 

for ArmA and ArmA2. People will talk crap about your group but don't worry about it as it means nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,660
[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

IIRC the original founding intent of [WOLF*] back in the day was to just gain clan base benefits without ever having to know or talk to the other people in the clan.

The obligation may be absent, but that doesn't stop people from doing it anyway.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[-K-]
Members
1,149 posts
8,053 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's interesting how that's evolved over time, since IIRC the original founding intent of [WOLF*] back in the day was to just gain clan base benefits without ever having to know or talk to the other people in the clan.

Still is, according to their recruiting post:  

"This is a clan that will not have coms, will not division, will not participate on the global map but we will pool our oil for the buffs to all members.

(You can do the above activities but none of them are required.

The clan for people with no interest in clans."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's interesting how that's evolved over time, since IIRC the original founding intent of [WOLF*] back in the day was to just gain clan base benefits without ever having to know or talk to the other people in the clan.

I think that's still largely the case, but it's no longer exclusively the benefits chase. Of the 50 in my particular group, I think 20 or 25 of us do most of the cajoling. The others are there for the benefits.

But I also think, if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is probably true about most clans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
3 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Still is, according to their recruiting post:  

"This is a clan that will not have coms, will not division, will not participate on the global map but we will pool our oil for the buffs to all members.

(You can do the above activities but none of them are required.

The clan for people with no interest in clans."

 

That particular post is from 2 years ago.

And I'll be honest, that's exactly what drew me into it to begin with. But I was very pleasantly surprised to find there was a lot more depth to it once I got there. And that depth has evolved over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,149
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles
1 minute ago, Grflrgl said:

And I'll be honest, that's exactly what drew me into it to begin with. But I was very pleasantly surprised to find there was a lot more depth to it once I got there. And that depth has evolved over time.

The evolution is what I was referring to as interesting; no negative slant was intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[WOLF7]
Members
12,189 posts
1 hour ago, Grflrgl said:

I've had some particularly snotty comments aimed my way recently because of the clan I belong to. That's fine, just keep in mind that you're not actually hurting my feelings. I think the grind of ranked has just made everyone a little bit grouchy of late. I generally don't respond in-game to comments about my clan, but a couple recently made me think a statement here needs to be made (one of the saltier comments came from a fellow denizen of the forums). So...

 

Many people don't respect the WOLF clans because we don't force people to play clan battles and we don't have minimum entry requirements. I get that. But there are a couple of things to keep in mind about the WOLF clans in general, and WOLFB in particular, that I think some players need to be reminded of (and this goes beyond ranked) -

 

We don't take ourselves too seriously

We don't generally get pissy in chat (I'm probably the worst offender in this, to be honest)

We enjoy each other's company and manage to have fun a great deal of fun together

We do play clan battles, we're actually pretty decent at it, and we're always trying to improve our play

We do play in divisions (this seems to really surprise people at times)

But most of all - we never, ever give up. Don't tell me to end it quickly when I'm the last ship, and then get pissy when I ignore you. Not gonna happen. Same with most of the other guys in the clan. If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down swinging.

 

Just because we're in a WOLF clan doesn't mean we're idiots or bad players, though I know this statement won't stop some people from blaming us for...well...everything. It really just means we have a different philosophy about a game. 

Why do you care what some childish player on the internet thinks?:Smile_amazed:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why do you care what some childish player on the internet thinks?:Smile_amazed:

 

I can't really say that I care what an individual player thinks one way or another. I am not, however, fond of allowing falsehoods to spread unchecked. (And yes, I know, that goes against everything the modern world stands for....call me stubborn that way.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474
[WOLFC]
Members
1,261 posts
6,886 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

It's interesting how that's evolved over time, since IIRC the original founding intent of [WOLF*] back in the day was to just gain clan base benefits without ever having to know or talk to the other people in the clan.

Not every Wolf clan is like what @Grflrgl described.  Can't comment on others but  WOLFC  does naval battles lone wolf style without oversight & direction and that's about it for interaction.   Clan chat can go days without a peep.


I would say that when I see another Wolf clan member, I don't look for them within that game especially much - if we end up team playing or battling it out, so be it.

Best adjectives I would use to describe my fellow Lone Wolves - steady & enigmatic 

 

 

Edited by Anonymous50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[WOLF6]
Members
392 posts
5,975 battles

I am not a very good player and play to have fun. That said, I enjoy the WOLF clan. Was in a WoT clan that had the makings of a second job, be here are 8PM, be on comms, be in clan battles, pay us money"

 

the-original-hungergames_o_1383425.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[WOLF1]
Members
107 posts
4,885 battles

I've been in Wolf a couple of months now and I can say that I've never run into this, maybe its because I stick to solo random (reason I joined wolf), TBH I don't see much of any clan bashing in general.

Edited by js23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×