You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

Everybody in ranked needs therapy....

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts

....myself included.

How delusional have we become?

Got blamed for a loss yesterday (not a big thing, it happens). "It's the Zao's fault! He sat in the back and just set stuff on fire!"  Hmmm.... At that point I was sitting on 139k damage with two kills and a cap, but ok.

Got blamed for another loss a couple of days ago (not a big thing, it happens). About 10 minutes in the team chimes in with: "It's the Haru's fault!! He didn't cap!!"  True, I didn't cap, but I had something like 108k damage, three kills - and we won the game.... Just sayin', but perhaps winning the game makes me exempt from taking blame for a loss.

Just last game, got blamed for another loss (not a big thing, it happens): "Our DDs suck (not just me this time)!! They never cap anything! They're behind the battleships, while I am a light cruiser valiantly defending the cap that we haven't captured (from well back and behind a rock)!" True, it wasn't my best game, I take full responsibility. But everyone has off games. And perhaps you missed the three sets of torps I had to dodge in order to keep from becoming just another set of points for the other team. Those torps pushed me southeast and out of position. And then maybe you missed the amazing RNG that particular game offered - I got knocked out by a wild unseen shot from a Montana where I was clearly hit by a dispersion shell - and the Kremlin that got zero damage on two full salvos at very close range that allowed the enemy Montana to ram him - or maybe you missed the other ramming where an enemy CA rammed our other BB because the other BB couldn't put him down at point blank range with zero damage on at least one shot. But yeah, this wasn't my best game and I didn't do particularly well.

My point is, every time you start a game you're given six different players on your team. Even if you kill all seven of your opponents, you're still no more than one seventh of the victory. Everyone on our team contributed something. Even a super duper unicum player gets help from his/her team to some degree. Otherwise, a super unicum would be able to take on seven and still win with a decent consistency. 

Every loss is the same thing: You are at least one seventh of that loss. I had a game in the Conqueror last week with almost a quarter million in damage and 2.7 million tanked. We lost. I still bear responsibility for my part in that loss. I was more than one seventh of that last loss because I was driven out of position. Maybe I could have done something a wee bit differently and not been driven back. But if I hadn't been driven back, maybe that GK survives a little longer. Who knows. For my part, I take full responsibility. 

So chill out and own your part of it. The alternative is making yourself look rather childish, really.

Now, everybody off to therapy in 5 days, right?

• Cool 2

[U571]
Members
1,926 posts
13,179 battles

Personally I think team screen (screen 2) at the end of the game, should show damage, kills (plans and ships like it does now) and caps or percentage of caps you took.  So people truly understand what the other players did or did not do.

Members
276 posts

The team screen should highlight those who's fault it actually is. 

Implementation: Highlight the person who's looking at it if they're on the losing team. 

Members
276 posts

Oh, yeah, when they blame you, just say:

"I'm just here for the fun"

"I'm just a casual gamer, this is how I relax, winning isn't important."

"Everybody's a winner in their hearts!!"

(Anybody got more?) 

Shame we can post the "it's only game, why you heff to be mad?" gif in battle chat. 

image.png

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
9,875 posts
13,751 battles

why play if you get mad?  lol.    insanity is what this is  

• Confused 1

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
1 minute ago, centarina said:

why play if you get mad?  lol.    insanity is what this is  

Yes, but there's medication now...

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts

Turn chat off. Best mod in the mod-pack. Haven't had chat on in WoWs for at least ~10 months, and I would never go back now. There is nothing of value in chat that cannot be equally expressed through hotcommands.

Members
116 posts

Between the people who don't know how to play rental tier 10 (freaking dumba** idea wargaming). And people only playing to save their star, has made playing ranked unenjoyable and worth my time.

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Turn chat off. Best mod in the mod-pack. Haven't had chat on in WoWs for at least ~10 months, and I would never go back now. There is nothing of value in chat that cannot be equally expressed through hotcommands.

Nope. There are still a lot of valuable things going on in chat, and oftentimes a decent amount of fun. I'm more aiming at the lost souls that refuse to take any responsibility for a loss while taking full responsibility for every win. Neither is legitimate. 

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
398 posts
4,673 battles

I cringe when I hit the battle button in ranked. I hate the salt but like the more focused team play. I did start seeing some of the poor rental decision play my last game.. battleships avoiding combat hoping to get carried to victory. I feel bad when I screw up.  The stakes and all that. But yes it's a darn game already! Supposed to be fun not stressful.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,763 posts
15,494 battles
1 hour ago, Grflrgl said:

Everyone on our team contributed something.

Including the afk guy, the guy who just floors it and drives straight into B, the guy who dies because he's talking sh*t in team chat instead of driving, the guy who torps your own team's destroyer, the guy who picks CV despite never having played one before... yeah, those guys sure are contributing something, but maybe not to the green team. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Edgecase

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
7 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

...yeah, those guys sure are contributing something, but maybe not to the green team. 

That is kinda the point. Contributions can be both positive and negative.

[TBW]
Members
8,041 posts
14,655 battles
9 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Including the afk guy, the guy who just floors it and drives straight into B, the guy who dies because he's talking sh*t in team chat instead of driving, the guy who torps your own team's destroyer, the guy who picks CV despite never having played one before... yeah, those guys sure are contributing something, but maybe not to the green team. :Smile_veryhappy:

You forgot the guy who sync drops and throws the match for his buddy.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[H_]
Members
2,449 posts

Got blamed.....

Now, everybody off to therapy in 5 days, right?

It took you five days !?  Holy crap, it took me 1 day:  after the rentals started to be panzerstellung's and since they wouldn't stop crashing into land masses of every size and never moving; since the carriers decided ranked was their game and everyone else had to do what they wanted; since the AFK players "just sort of came alive at the end of the match" and complained about what was left; and, since every game I played was all about the "luck of the draw" on who was on your team.........it was time to say "enough of this crap" and I started dialing a therapist.........  Got to 10 and realized, any further ranked wasn't a "value-added" activity.  5 days???

Edited by Asym_KS

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

It took you five days !?  Holy crap, it took me 1 day:  after the rentals started to be panzerstellung's since they wouldbn't stop crashing into land masses of every size and never moving; since the carriers decided ranked was their game and everyone else had to do what they wanted; since the AFK players "just sort of came alive at the end of the match; and, since every game I played was all about the "luck of the draw" on who was on your team.........it was time to say "enough of this crap" and I started dialing a therapist.........  Got to 10 and realized, any further wasn't a "value-added" activity.  5 days???

Ranked ends in 5 days. We were all eligible for meds when we were tempted to start the first game.  :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,449 posts

Oh, Thank the RNG GoD for small miracles........five more days and then, we can start to worry about...........everything else !

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

Got blamed for a loss yesterday (not a big thing, it happens). "It's the Zao's fault! He sat in the back and just set stuff on fire!"  Hmmm.... At that point I was sitting on 139k damage with two kills and a cap, but ok.

So....you played your ship according to its role?  How dare you.  You should have died so that your damage was as pitiful as the dead guy who had the time to type in the first place.  :Smile_veryhappy: