148 comments in this topic

[BARON]
[BARON]
Members
365 posts
5,370 battles
8 minutes ago, OilyBusiness said:

The Helena is going out to play!

I was unsure between going USN & leveling US BB line or going IJN & leveling CA line but now that you mention it I'm just gonna play in my Helena; I love that ship.

• Cool 2

Members
1 post
2,043 battles

So does it work that every 10 points you earn is 2 containers or is the limit that you can only get 2 containers max for getting 10 points? Or does it scale differently but you can get more than 2 containers? 

• Cool 1

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
2 minutes ago, BloodGhost1 said:

So does it work that every 10 points you earn is 2 containers or is the limit that you can only get 2 containers max for getting 10 points? Or does it scale differently but you can get more than 2 containers? 

Curious about this too -- stacking would be great, however, just making it 2 containers regardless points, not very good.   A container every 10 points would be sweet though.

[RSF]
Members
104 posts
9,873 battles

Is it just a small chance to get the premium cv or is their one in the box

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

If everyone picks USN, everyone ends up getting 4 containers :D   #GameTheGame

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
395 posts
12,063 battles

This looks like a little extra bonus love for the mid tier ships -  Thank you WG !  These are the most fun to play these days - too much t10 burnout events, and cancerous ships like slava, Colbert and Smolensk are ruining high tier play ... 

I appreciate a couple free containers with a chance of a premium CV  :)

The only issue i see is that the 750xp USA objectives vs the 1250 Japanese objectives will likely assure that most will pick the USN line for ease of qualification despite the rich rewards potential of the Japanese Premiums -

I appreciate these events WG, and please take the following constructively as it is meant. 

If you want these to NOT be one sided roll stomps - make those 3 premiums a random draw amongst all players on the winning side that earn 10+ objective points.  There are an extremely small number of players in this game with no life that grind these kinds of things and most mortals have zero chance of getting close to top 3 in points despite playing many hours ourselves - I say this with over 10k game in various play modes under my belt.

- To make it fair to the hardcore  grinders - Add 1 draw entry for every 10 objective points. 

- So personally, I will pick the easy USN objectives that I can achieve even in most losses,  because there is not enough incentive to suffer the extra 500 basexp requirement of the IJN

(the extra objective point & 3 extra camo doesn't cut it) 

It takes a team effort to win - and all should share the spoils of victory. 

IMHO

Good Hunting, 

Kar

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 8

Members
212 posts
1,380 battles
2 hours ago, BloodGhost1 said:

If you get 10+ points, you get 2 containers. 

If you get 10+ points and your team wins, then you get two MORE containers for a total of 4 containers.

Edited by Whiskey_Rebel
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles

Looks like a co-op spam event to me, it's still one point per win, and you can do them more than twice as fast as PvP matches. Plus, is 750 base XP common at T7? If so, slam dunk USN wins.

[KOHAI]
Members
9 posts
5,222 battles

My only concern is who would be playing IJN ships T4-7...oh wait...that includes Kuma, Minekaze, and Kamikaze R. 

Welp...may his Excellency reign supreme in these future battles!

Members
212 posts
1,380 battles
54 minutes ago, Karandar said:

The only issue i see is that the 750xp USA objectives vs the 1250 Japanese objectives will likely assure that most will pick the USN line for ease of qualification despite the rich rewards potential of the Japanese Premiums -

Yeah I see the same problem here. With this disparity most people will go USN. More players = more points, so USN will win and USN players will get four containers for earning 10 points. IJN players will only get two containers for 10 points. 

Seeing this, even those players normally inclined to play IJN will play USN instead, making the problem worse.  WG apparently expects that there is a higher-skilled (1,250+ xp/game) IJN fanatic player base that will carry with its 2 points/game instead of 1 point per game, but I'm not sure what makes them think this group exists and will play this way.

• Cool 2

[AVW]
Members
94 posts
6,732 battles

Interesting it is, let's see. The fun will be my ultimate goal. 

• Cool 1

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
112 posts
4,912 battles
9 minutes ago, zoltron_mario said:

Great contest 

I just think the winning team should get 2 premium containers instead regular ones

+1

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
339 posts
3,049 battles

MURKA!

LANDUHDAFREEBUHDUHHOMADUHBRAVE

[-K_P-]
Members
249 posts
2,663 battles

As questioned in the Crysantos/Conway/Shonai Twitch stream.

Will the ARP, HSF Harakaze, South Dragon & East Dragon ships count in the IJN Fleet?

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles
42 minutes ago, Crij said:

As questioned in the Crysantos/Conway/Shonai Twitch stream.

Will the ARP, HSF Harakaze, South Dragon & East Dragon ships count in the IJN Fleet?

HSF Harakaze is definitely IJN.  I have one. At Tier 8, it is not eligible for this event.

It is my understanding that the others also count as IJN.

[PVE]
Members
3,360 posts
21,651 battles
4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

is 750 base XP common at T7?

Not really...if you spam a fast firing cruiser like Atlanta you can get it sometimes but it depends on how many other fast firing cruisers are on your team doing the same thing.

3 hours ago, zoltron_mario said:

Great contest 

I just think the winning team should get 2 premium containers instead regular ones

+1

3 hours ago, XturbohawkX said:

+1

You say +1...but his comment you quoted didn't have a +1 until I +1ed it...don't be a tease now :-)

1 hour ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

is the xp per battle or cumulative?

At 1st I thought per battle...but your question made me realize that usually they clarify "per battle" when it's per battle...but then I realized that between the 2 ways to get points it says, "__________ base XP in battle" (not plural) & "win battles" (plural) which leads me to believe that the base XP requirement is per battle.

Usually during these types of "Unfortunately...no leaderboard" events there isn't even a way to keep track of how many qualifying battles you have during the competition so it would be nice if there was a clarifier before it started.

I would assume the per battle but you might wanna keep separate tally sheets anyway.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[F_T_W]
Beta Testers
48 posts
590 battles

Boy, this will be exciting, can't wait for tomorrow then. Not just for Premium ships, but more because of the event itself hehe. Though, just a question, so once it starts tomorrow on the 21rst, and I join a co-op battle; completing the missions earning base XP etc, are they repeatable? I would assume so if you have to score 10 or above, but still want to be sure. And how would one keep track of how many team points you have scored? And from tier IV-VII, its with any ship? (Cruiser, Destroyer, Aircraft Carrier, & Battleship). Also good luck to all then in this event. o7

US v Japan Event.PNG

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

Participate button not working in IE 11. Maybe tomorrow when it starts?

Opera won't even load the page, just the blue background.

No, I don't want to install a spyware browser.

Members
13 posts
3,770 battles

As usual, the game awards an extremely limited number of people out of tens of thousands with a premium ship.  Containers are nice, but if WG really wants to impress me then it needs to have more events than make it possible for more people to achieve a “bigger” payoff.  I liked the USS Indianapolis event last year.  Everyone had a chance at the Indy without having to be in the top .02%.  Just saying.

• Cool 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,522 battles

Since I was in the USN, this is a no-brainer for me!  USN at your service!  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,522 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

Participate button not working in IE 11. Maybe tomorrow when it starts?

Opera won't even load the page, just the blue background.

No, I don't want to install a spyware browser.

If you are worried about your privacy try DuckDuckGo as your search engine and privacy app at https://duckduckgo.com/