You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hazzard62

A fix for spotting issues.

3 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
2 posts
11,608 battles

Howzit boys and girls, I have an idea to help stop the current CV spotting ability. 

The fleet needs a radio net set up, radios only have a limited range and information takes time to be communicated from a spotting unit (aircraft/Destroyer) to a ships radio then to the Captain and onward to the gunnery officers. You could build a delay in information being passed the same way a radar ships sees it's target 6 seconds before the fleet does. I would suggest a range triple band (similar to AA) with a 6, 9 and 12 second delay. 

You could limit aircraft radio range. Aircraft rushing off to spawn points will need to return towards the fleet to pass on the information. Therefore, the information will not be 100% accurate. The DD's would also have a new use as radio picket ships. 

The radio would also help to balance OP ship lines; as we all know the Russians had very poor radio equipment compared to the Axis and Western countries. 

The radio would allow for a new consumable that could improve your radio for a short duration (much like speed boost etc). And a new line of captain skills is born too boot.

I am sure the collective minds at WG could improve this basic to the uptinth degree.

Hugs

Hazzard.

• Boring 1

[--V--]
Members
967 posts
11,955 battles

WGs goal is for this to be a fast paced, arcade, first person shooter like game.  Adding this intelligent, realistic component to the game would slow down the battle and defeat one of WGs goals.

I personally like it, but they'll never go for it.   Shoot'em up bang bang,,,, pew pew pew,,,, next match means more money for WG.  

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts
2 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

WGs goal is for this to be a fast paced, arcade, first person shooter like game.  Adding this intelligent, realistic component to the game would slow down the battle and defeat one of WGs goals.

I personally like it, but they'll never go for it.   Shoot'em up bang bang,,,, pew pew pew,,,, next match means more money for WG.  

For that I have Fortnite, and I have exactly $0.00 invested there as opposed to over $??? (afraid to actually tally up the total) in this game which now seems a waste given the CVs.  Pew pew games are not worth spending money on,  only good for mindlessly wasting time.  (On the other hand, kinda like WOWS.)

• Cool 1