You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Just_French_It

Rank 5+ and DDs

21 comments in this topic

[PN]
Members
1,140 posts
4,516 battles

Ive found that not immediately pressing battle after a match ensures better MM as far as CV games. 

Ive found games with a CV in it make my class basically useless, and its extremely not fun. But, its completely doable.

Ive found Z52, Daring, and LU gearing, and Groz the only dds to choose otherwise on the off chance you get a CV match, you wont be too useless. \

Ive tried toughing it out with matches with CV's in them, but i cant save a star against a determined CV. 

I started late, Why is ranked very bad Rank 5+ ? 

Anyone else Unicum+ in dds finding the same things? 

Edited by Report_CVs
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles

This is more speculative then absolute. Meaning, just because  you experience it, anyone/everyone else will not adhere to the same result as you.

Which further entail, results may vary depending on many aggravating factors.  Those factors are out of the players control.

I myself, dont have a problem with tier 5 MM... Its easier to spot the Aim bot users (like I did tonight, he still lost but his stats is above human capabilities IMO). 

IMO Right now in the low and mid tier, CV and the new RU BBs are the main issues. For now. 

• Boring 1

[PN]
Members
1,140 posts
4,516 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is more speculative then absolute. Meaning, just because  you experience it, anyone/everyone else will not adhere to the same result as you.

Which further entail, results may vary depending on many aggravating factors.  Those factors are out of the players control.

I myself, dont have a problem with tier 5 MM... Its easier to spot the Aim bot users (like I did tonight, he still lost but his stats is above human capabilities IMO). 

IMO Right now in the low and mid tier, CV and the new RU BBs are the main issues. For now. 

Nobody aimbots in this game. 

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,861 posts
11,767 battles

image.thumb.png.fabbb5e3a3b51094410e1a5d24c9fba0.png

I started fooling around with Hakuryu until R12-R11 then I ranked only using Shimakaze.

The R5+ was quite horrible not because of CV but because of stomp caused by people who still have no clue about where to expect ship after going as far as R5.

But as long as I was able to cap / prevent the enemy to cap, it's fairly easy to win. Damage is optionnal but yeah you're not going to save your star in a DD except if your team really did nothing

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[PN]
Members
1,140 posts
4,516 battles
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I started fooling around with Hakuryu until R12-R11 then I ranked only using Shimakaze.

The R5+ was quite horrible not because of CV but because of stomp caused by people who still have no clue about where to expect ship after going as far as R5.

But as long as I was able to cap / prevent the enemy to cap, it's fairly easy to win. Damage is optionnal but yeah you're not going to save your star in a DD except if your team really did nothing

Im rank 5 and increasing.

I dont play anything but dds. 

Refuse to play Cv's 

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
4 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Nobody aimbots in this game. 

Again their is no such thing as absolute....  Therefor, I have to disagree...

I cant force people to see, people do use them. Its fact...

[PN]
Members
1,140 posts
4,516 battles

I dont miss many shots in my shima and been accused of aim-botting.

I dont know how its possible to bot in a live server game. Its extremely difficult i assume. 

[TMS]
Members
2,574 posts
26,227 battles
3 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Getting to rank 5 in my shima was easy and it was looking as i would rank out in under 100 battles.

At rank 6 you get more potatoes and rentals that are used to playing at mid and low tier, so they push more because they are used to not getting punished, they take some of the focus and tanking instead of my shima taking it all.

But when you get to rank 5 or more the rest of the team is very conservative and the dds at the front take all the pounding.

Edited by Final8ty

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

What site are these stats from?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,727 posts
15,428 battles
7 hours ago, Report_CVs said:

I started late, Why is ranked very bad Rank 5+ ?

Over the course of a Ranked season, people tend to either rank out, or get stuck in a certain bracket and keep playing there. However, there is a very slight upward bias in star earning due to saved stars, so even players who are hitting a performance plateau will migrate slowly up the ranks. By the late season, 5-2 is basically full of players who have "trickled up" due to this effect.

Assuming you're better at the game than such players, this wouldn't actually be a problem, since you'd just carry most of the time and win anyway. The real problem is skill variance. Late season 5-2 is ALSO home to late-starting or low-playtime unicum players. This means the actual matchmaking pool is a volatile mix of high-skill and low-skill players. Since it's totally random whether the few good players get assigned to your team or the other team, so too are your chances of winning highly random. Making matters even worse, most of the "not very good" players aren't actually bad, they're inconsistent -- sometimes they'll do something super smart, but the next game they'll do something super dumb. The net effect of all of this is that there is a huge range of good and bad performance that you'll see out of any team, which is super frustrating in a high stakes game mode.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
2,574 posts
26,227 battles

In one pass 14,168‬k taken off me with rockets and 2 fires.

At least i shot down one of his planes that will show him, i bet he won't want to do that again.

TozkQU.png

Edited by Final8ty
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
1,946 posts
10,762 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Acknowledging and appreciating good players, even when they handed your behind to you, isn't that hard.

Edited by chewonit

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
1 minute ago, chewonit said:

Acknowledging and appreciating good players, even when they handed your behind to you, isn't that hard.

I was like you at one time... Thinking it was good players, or I even  blame myself.

But then, in a game (it was not me) a teammate started to call out a red player for using an aim bot.... Like you I thought he was crazy.. Mainly because I had no way of seeing what he was seeing... To his credit he had atleast 5 people investigated. 

What did it for me was WOWS informing me (I am just summerizing) the player in question making the accusation could be right. Plus there is no way for us to know a "good" player OR  computer assisted one that is "cooking/inflating" his stats.  

I know the difference between a "good" player and one who is "cooking" his stats with an unlikely human result. The question is... DO YOU?  

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Also ranked become harder after rank 5+, it always like that.

Most because is theres where the good players is... and some potatos, and the team with more potatos normaly loses, is kinda play with luck MM.

You need pay attention too to the queue, if have a lot cruisers maybe some close range dds are not the best choise in the moment.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
869 posts
7,112 battles
43 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

This means the actual matchmaking pool is a volatile mix of high-skill and low-skill players. Since it's totally random whether the few good players get assigned to your team or the other team, so too are your chances of winning highly random. Making matters even worse, most of the "not very good" players aren't actually bad, they're inconsistent -- sometimes they'll do something super smart, but the next game they'll do something super dumb. The net effect of all of this is that there is a huge range of good and bad performance that you'll see out of any team, which is super frustrating in a high stakes game mode.

worth repeating

[PN]
Members
1,140 posts
4,516 battles
3 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Most because is theres where the good players is... and some potatos, and the team with more potatos normaly loses, is kinda play with luck MM.

You need pay attention too to the queue, if have a lot cruisers maybe some close range dds are not the best choise in the moment.

I meant exceptionally worse than last seasons. 

4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Over the course of a Ranked season, people tend to either rank out, or get stuck in a certain bracket and keep playing there. However, there is a very slight upward bias in star earning due to saved stars, so even players who are hitting a performance plateau will migrate slowly up the ranks. By the late season, 5-2 is basically full of players who have "trickled up" due to this effect.

Assuming you're better at the game than such players, this wouldn't actually be a problem, since you'd just carry most of the time and win anyway. The real problem is skill variance. Late season 5-2 is ALSO home to late-starting or low-playtime unicum players. This means the actual matchmaking pool is a volatile mix of high-skill and low-skill players. Since it's totally random whether the few good players get assigned to your team or the other team, so too are your chances of winning highly random. Making matters even worse, most of the "not very good" players aren't actually bad, they're inconsistent -- sometimes they'll do something super smart, but the next game they'll do something super dumb. The net effect of all of this is that there is a huge range of good and bad performance that you'll see out of any team, which is super frustrating in a high stakes game mode.

Figures. No wonder rank 5+ is a pain in consistency as far as teams

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
461 posts
4,884 battles

I've found the biggest issue to be how it's very difficult to save the star when you're forced to contest a cap. Looking at you, Tears of the Desert and Greece. 

[SYN]
Members
897 posts
8,416 battles
10 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

I think mistakes get punished quicker.  After one by any player, the snowball has started.