Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zeus_cat

Still a noob to ranked battles, what should be my goal by the end of the season?

8 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
94 posts
9,319 battles

So I tried ranked a few seasons ago, but I didn't try very hard.  This time I am taking it more seriously.  I started with my Salem, but after 8 battles I was 4 and 4 and decided that wasn't good enough to get very high.  I switched to my Shimakaze and played cautiously, capping when I could, spotting, and shooting torps when it seemed likely to get a hit, or to make enemy ships turn away from an area and break off an attack.  The guns on the Shimakaze aren't very good, so I try not to get into a situation where I need them.  I think I am doing pretty well and I am now 11 and 3 with my dd (15 and 7 overall) and just made it to rank 9.  

However, with 4 stars needed to advance to each of the next ranks I am wondering if it is worth the grind.  I know I will get more steel and other goodies, but it takes 4 victories plus an additional victory for each defeat to advance.  I have a lot of T6 and T7 stuff I want to grind too.  So do you get anything after the season ends based on what your final rank is?

One final comment, I think ranked battles are better than randoms.  7 on 7 is a great number of ships for these maps.  Usually, everyone must contribute or your team loses.  Good tactics and strategies are far more important than in the 12 on 12 chaos of most random battles.

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles

If you sanity is intact and working normally... Its a good first achievement... Its not normal to tolerate pain for top rank...

• Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
1,198 posts

@Zeus_cat This is a problem that a fair number of players would encounter (me included). Play ranked only if you enjoy it and stop when it has become unenjoyable. Currently, I am enjoying the Worcester in ranked, but that's only because I am usually a Salem in CBs.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles

I have come to accept I will never get passed rank 10, too many bots and bad rental have make 10 to 5 rank such a bad place.

So if you can get to 10, consider this ok

• Angry 1

[REEF]
Beta Testers
858 posts
9,522 battles

I just play to rank 10 and stop, because after that it is just too frustrating for me to continue.  This season I got to Rank 10 plus a star undefeated and got cocky.  Several more games a few days later reminded me why I only go to rank 10.  :Smile-angry:

That said, I play Sprint Ranked Battles to Rank 1.  I find the Sprints much more enjoyable!  :Smile_playing:

[SPTR]
Members
26,753 posts
13,508 battles

I just got to rank 5 I consider this a win in my books because I never gotten pass rank 8 nor taken them seriously in the previous seasons until this season(12th rank season).

so if I put myself into your shoes in relation to rank this season go to rank 8 and stop. CVs and rentals affect teamplay really badly, 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles

The sheer volume of toxicity in these forums over rentals and the presence of carriers drove me out after just two battles. I didn't want to be abused for not being a game-carrying unicum if we lost.

Well done, you rage-driven dropkicks - your complaining about all that's wrong with ranked made someone who wanted to try it for the first time in ages not want to bother.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,559 posts
5,062 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The sheer volume of toxicity in these forums over rentals and the presence of carriers drove me out after just two battles. I didn't want to be abused for not being a game-carrying unicum if we lost.

Well done, you rage-driven dropkicks - your complaining about all that's wrong with ranked made someone who wanted to try it for the first time in ages not want to bother.

After a while it just turns to noise, you shouldn't let it get to you. Hitting Rank 12 isn't that tough a goal to get to and personally at that bracket nobody has any right to say anything to you or judge. However, if let's say someone is about to enter the Premier bracket, you play a direct role in the loss of your team by dying within the first 5 minutes, yeah I can somewhat understand being a bit angry.

I started with reaching the last irrevocable ranks; the past two seasons I have advanced my goals to Rank 5-6. Ranking out takes patience that I often don't have. In addition Premier League Matchmaking takes quite some time to get 14 players, most of them and in the cheesiest of meta ships. 

Sign in to follow this