You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

Rank 1 again...

33 comments in this topic

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

for the 10th time (without count sprints)... omg i need get a life

r01_6-19-2019.thumb.png.ea96c59e385a4e27fdcddf1b283077c4.pngr01_6-19-2019b.thumb.png.1c82e3b46995f24d79ad26e3d0fa8ee9.png

btw... RENT SHIPS IN RANKED ARE TERRIBLE.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

@HyenaHiena Congrats! Now were those messages for compliments or reports?

hahaha i compliment [almost] everyone in last match because rank out

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
1,230 posts
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

hahaha i compliment [almost] everyone in last match because rank out

Great to hear somebody giving out compliments these days! Way too rare...

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
4 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Great to hear somebody giving out compliments these days! Way too rare...

Well is because i dont see his faces again in next match! :P

JK is nice when you rank out, i think people deserve a compliment.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
861 posts
8,099 battles

Congrats on ranking out, this season was difficult at times.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
974 posts
4,318 battles

Well done!

I finally got to 3 but I doubt I'll have enough play time to rank out...

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,505 posts
10,580 battles

Congrats, never made it to 1 in regular rank. Never will. 

• Cool 1

Members
222 posts
24,402 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

you can do it

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

congrats  @HyenaHiena I will not do what you just achieved. Now go get some sun.... Its not normal to tolerate that hard of a grind

haha is better then random matches

1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Well done!

I finally got to 3 but I doubt I'll have enough play time to rank out...

you (maybe) have time

1 hour ago, _greifer said:

For me that season was more easy then the other seasons. Sometimes is difficult but rankeds are like this.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,505 posts
10,580 battles
18 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

you can do it

nah, I'm not that good. But it's okay, if I get past 10 that's like ranking out for me.

Congratulations to you though that is a major accomplishment!

[LEW]
[LEW]
Members
17 posts
4,430 battles

only an unemployee or a lucky player have chance to reach the Rank 1, i spend 6 hours to avance the Rank 10 and the result was back to 12, bloody noobs and ranked haters!

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
9 hours ago, FernandoSch said:

only an unemployee or a lucky player have chance to reach the Rank 1, i spend 6 hours to avance the Rank 10 and the result was back to 12, bloody noobs and ranked haters!

I put as objective get one rank per day. But yeah... that was almst 1:30h/day playing rankeds for that.

-Members-
1,640 posts
814 battles
12 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

for the 10th time (without count sprints)... omg i need get a life

r01_6-19-2019.thumb.png.ea96c59e385a4e27fdcddf1b283077c4.pngr01_6-19-2019b.thumb.png.1c82e3b46995f24d79ad26e3d0fa8ee9.png

btw... RENT SHIPS IN RANKED ARE TERRIBLE.

Congrats on ranking out this season HyenaHiena. What ships did you find to be the most successful on your trek to rank 1?

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 minute ago, Kami said:

Congrats on ranking out this season HyenaHiena. What ships did you find to be the most successful on your trek to rank 1?

Thanks.

Util this last week i play with Gearing, was easy to carry.

After that i use Des Moines (great ship for everthing) and Republick (because people are playing a lot with cruisers because the cvs and rep is awesome to kill cruisers, also the only bb i like play... most because remember me a big cruiser).

I also try a bit with cvs, but was... "meh", people change to everthing to AA ships and the game become boring (then i take my rep and kill everyone :D)

-Members-
1,640 posts
814 battles
11 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Thanks.

Util this last week i play with Gearing, was easy to carry.

After that i use Des Moines (great ship for everthing) and Republick (because people are playing a lot with cruisers because the cvs and rep is awesome to kill cruisers, also the only bb i like play... most because remember me a big cruiser).

I also try a bit with cvs, but was... "meh", people change to everthing to AA ships and the game become boring (then i take my rep and kill everyone :D)

Those are both strong ship choices. You have any tips you would give to players that are still trying to rank out in the last few days before the season ends?

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
2 minutes ago, Kami said:

Those are both strong ship choices. You have any tips you would give to players that are still trying to rank out in the last few days before the season ends? 

Pay attention in the queue. (if have a lot cruisers take a cruiser kill, if have a lot bbs take a dd, etc)

Pay for the team, focus important targers like dds/radar cruisers, not go for spam he in bbs for try save the star. (what you not going save it in that way)

Take the ships you play best in ranked.

For this few days this next thip not woth, but for the next seasons  (if you have time)... try get one rank/day so dont be so massive.

Members
443 posts
11,931 battles

This has been an extremely frustrating season of ranked for me. I've played in every season of ranked since season four and have ranked out in seasons 9, 10 and 11. The decision to put CVs AND rentals in ranked was a silly move and a disaster for players. Again, this has been by far the most frustrating season of ranked I've played in over two years. Extremely disappointed in WG's decisions for a "competitive" game mode. 

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
2 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

This has been an extremely frustrating season of ranked for me. I've played in every season of ranked since season four and have ranked out in seasons 9, 10 and 11. The decision to put CVs AND rentals in ranked was a silly move and a disaster for players. Again, this has been by far the most frustrating season of ranked I've played in over two years. Extremely disappointed in WG's decisions for a "competitive" game mode.  

I cant complain much about this season... was my best WR in rankeds and 3th in number of batters (after the eleven and second seasons).

Rentals are baaaaaaaaaad, i mean, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, wg should not rental DDs (like cvs).

And the cvs... in general they was just annoying but not a threat.

I just dont like the epic-cancercenter-desert map.

[TF-60]
Members
375 posts
10,642 battles

Didn’t care for epicenter or Riposte.

I’ve played 150ish games with a 55% WR and I’ve been stuck at rank 6.  Like you, I played mostly dd’s.  Not sure I’ll ever rank out because I don’t think I’ll ever achieve the WR to rank out in 220 games or fewer

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,693 posts
3,560 battles
43 minutes ago, Kami said:

You have any tips you would give to players that are still trying to rank out in the last few days before the season ends?

Little but of reverse psychology works well:Smile-_tongue:. They say never quit on a win streak, so of course that win streak is gonna be 1am on a Monday morning. Many of my good streaks came when I just logged on hoping for losses so I could do something else. Of course HW doesnt get done, but I did rank out in 111 games!

Also Kremlin. That's a good tip too:cap_rambo:

-Members-
1,640 posts
814 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Little but of reverse psychology works well:Smile-_tongue:. They say never quit on a win streak, so of course that win streak is gonna be 1am on a Monday morning. Many of my good streaks came when I just logged on hoping for losses so I could do something else. Of course HW doesnt get done, but I did rank out in 111 games!

Also Kremlin. That's a good tip too:cap_rambo:

Congrats on ranking out! Make sure you get that HW done =), ships will still be here after your HW. When the winning streak happens it is hard to stop!

I have also been playing the Kremlin and I think my Yamato is sad this season. 

[-K-]
Members
6,709 posts
11,195 battles
13 hours ago, _greifer said:

Still is for some of us. 

I started at R12 and cruised to R5 with a 75% win rate with Daring and Z-52.  Then, I went up against the better 5-1 crowd and found it almost impossible to save a star with DDs due to the lack of XP for spotting and objective securing (likely due to CV inclusion).  This season's XP rewards seem to be more about farming and damage over everything else, so I'm going to have to re-think my strategy moving forward.

Maybe Zao and Conqueror as farming tools to rank out with?

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,479 posts
17,704 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Still is for some of us. 

I started at R12 and cruised to R5 with a 75% win rate with Daring and Z-52.  Then, I went up against the better 5-1 crowd and found it almost impossible to save a star with DDs due to the lack of XP for spotting and objective securing (likely due to CV inclusion).  This season's XP rewards seem to be more about farming and damage over everything else, so I'm going to have to re-think my strategy moving forward.

Maybe Zao and Conqueror as farming tools to rank out with?

I found the Kremlin with KuznetOPzov to be extremely helpful.  I shared a special tip on my R1 celebration video. 

Conq's fine for starting fires but don't forget it has AP.  Henri is also nice for saving stars...  and CV.  That said, I found Kremlin a solid BB in this meta.  I still saved a few stars on losses, but I also felt like I contributed to victories better than playing farming ships.