You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HallaSnackbar

Colorado for T-7 ranked

18 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
459 posts
5,677 battles

Looking for opinions on whether or not she will be viable for the upcoming ranked sprint.  Is she still good or has power creep dry docked her?

[WORX]
Members
5,051 posts
15,593 battles

If you love to grind in her then run with it.

Rank/Rank sprint is more about  testing you on your tolerance to grind.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,693 posts
3,560 battles

The fewer more accurate guns make me think she will not perform well at the closer ranges of ranked battles. Her sluggish state will likley cause her to chew on torps more than is ideal. 

However, if it is what you are comfortable in, then it is the best choice. Dont force yourself to play the meta if it is uncomfortable to you.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,707 posts
3,603 battles
16 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

The fewer more accurate guns make me think she will not perform well at the closer ranges of ranked battles. Her sluggish state will likley cause her to chew on torps more than is ideal. 

However, if it is what you are comfortable in, then it is the best choice. Dont force yourself to play the meta if it is uncomfortable to you.

I wouldn't say that because she tuns tighter than any other T7 BB and holds her speed in the turn not to mention he great bulges. That said while there are probably pages of post where I preach my love for the Colorado I would say the Lyon is the best choice for Rank. Great speed, good AA, 16 guns of hilarity . KGV is another good choice if they player knows how to use AP, just using HE leaves allot on the table. Gniesenu isn't really viable either because everyone knows your one trick and I haven't made it to the Russian T7 yet but she appears to be strong choice

Now if your grinding then yes this is a great time to do it because of the XP gains through Rank and as someone stated already, Rank is more of a grind on your patience than a ship

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,635 posts
15,941 battles

If your lucky to be in range and don't have to flex her guns will wreck others.

Her downside is extremely slow and not able to flex.

[WOLF6]
Members
732 posts
6,524 battles

Never in a million years would I revisit the pain that was Colorado , Scharnhorst or KGV for me .

[RLGN]
Members
11,258 posts
20,271 battles
11 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Never in a million years would I revisit the pain that was Colorado , Scharnhorst or KGV for me .

Just the opposite; would sooner play/trust my Colorado than Scharnhorst.

Don't have KGV, want my PoW with smoke consumable.

[WOLF6]
Members
732 posts
6,524 battles
38 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Just the opposite; would sooner play/trust my Colorado than Scharnhorst.

Don't have KGV, want my PoW with smoke consumable.

KGV is a flamethrower , she's tough , very hard to citadel her , she's my go to for firestarting , more reliable than the Atlanta , Cleveland or my IJN cruisers for that matter when it comes to setting ships ablaze  . 14 inch RN HE is no joke at tier 7 , she holds her own uptiered too . Too many times have I had my face kicked in while in the Colorado by the KMS twins , you can't outrun them and those torps hurt , secondaries usually had me burning as well .

[HUNGS]
Members
1,707 posts
3,603 battles
42 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I expect Ranked Sprint to be a Destroyer Fest.  Torpedoes everywhere. .

People have been saying that for nearly every rank season since they began

[RLGN]
Members
11,258 posts
20,271 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Colorado’s will be juicy targets.

Please continue to think so.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,256 posts
19,624 battles
6 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I expect Ranked Sprint to be a Destroyer Fest.  Torpedoes everywhere.   Colorado’s will be juicy targets.

I think it's going to be somewhat more even in population representation than many of the other Ranked Tiers, especially compared to Tier V & VI Ranked.

Tier VII is where you actually start having Cruisers coming into their own.

The Tier VII Destroyers will not be contending with Carriers.  But they will start contending with 3 Radar Cruisers:  Winfast, Atlanta, Indianapolis.

DDs are gonna DD, BBs are gonna BB, but Tier VII is where you start seeing some really good Cruisers.  This isn't going to be like Tier V & VI Ranked where it truly was a DD + BB Festival and the Cruisers were getting smashed without doing anything really.

Edit:  I hope you guys like seeing smoke.  Because VII Ranked is going to be a lot of that.  Your Radar Cruisers and Destroyers will have an unholy amount of work to do.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-V-]
Members
817 posts
4,070 battles

I haven't posted, in god knows how long, maybe because they don't like what I have to say, but be that it may, the Colorado,  had torps. ... Can I say it again ... IT HAD TORPEDOS ... In  Rank, they become invaluable. The Colorado is slow. Dispersion sucks. (If it does happen to hit something at a far range, it can do damage. But the question is IF. "Can you say RNG" Why WG won't admit to not having, ( as they continiue to say: "we're being accurate according to history" which is obviously not accurate. (maybe it's because they are Russian and won't admit to the fact the US Navy was superior compared to, oh, I don't know, everybody else) maybe, WG wants to alter facts to level the playing field. :Smile_Default: Must I regress (COLORADO HAD TORPS) So, when playing RANKS, Colorado has a disavantage simply becaus WG doesn't want to admit the US had superior fire power. But, ..... it is what it is.

Edited by LoneStormchaser

[HUNGS]
Members
1,707 posts
3,603 battles
7 minutes ago, LoneStormchaser said:

I haven't posted, in god knows how long, maybe because they don't like what I have to say, but be that it may, the Colorado,  had torps. ... Can I say it again ... IT HAD TORPEDOS ... In  Rank, they become invaluable. The Colorado is slow. Dispersion sucks. (If it does happen to hit something at a far range, it can do damage. But the question is IF. "Can you say RNG" Why WG won't admit to not having, ( as they continiue to say: "we're being accurate according to history" which is obviously not accurate. (maybe it's because they are Russian and won't admit to the fact the US Navy was superior compared to, oh, I don't know, everybody else) maybe, WG wants to alter facts to level the playing field. :Smile_Default: Must I regress (COLORADO HAD TORPS) So, when playing RANKS, Colorado has a disavantage simply becaus WG doesn't want to admit the US had superior fire power. But, ..... it is what it is.

Most WWI era BBs had torpedos, guess what they were useless, they will never be added because you would have to point the ship to shoot them and most of them had serious short range

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,256 posts
19,624 battles

I said in my previous post to expect the ship population to be a bit more even with DDs, BBs, and Cruisers.  It's still early in Ranked and it's looking that way so far.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/105,Sprint-5/

JzlPnto.jpg

Quite different from Tier V & VI Ranked where it was a DD & BB festival.

Oh look!  Belfast is the clear leader in Tier VII Ranked!!!

Image result for fry shocked gif imgur

[RAIN]
Members
101 posts
2,227 battles

it my favorite BB and its a keeper it has high penetration and accuracy too, plus strong protection

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,256 posts
19,624 battles

Colorado didn't do so well on average that last Ranked.  The list of ships, sorted by WR% from highest to lowest.

Spoiler

TNslBlb.jpg

Side notes:

If you sort by Damage Average, BBs dominate the top of the list, but their WR% is typically bad. 

DDs & Cruisers dominated the WR% leaders but Nelson and especially Sinop showed up well in that ranking.  Ranked is often said to be shorter in typical engagement ranges than what regularly happens in Randoms, so in thinking about it, Sinop being so successful (especially that RU BB gunnery against DDs & Cruisers at such ranges) shouldn't be a surprise.  Nelson can weather the HE spam storm. 

Belfast is the WR% leader in Tier VII Ranked.  Again.

In general, DDs did the best in WR% this Ranked event, which should be no surprise as there are no CVs in Tier VII anymore.  The last time there was Tier VII Ranked, Hiryu, Saipan were there in Tier VII.  Hiryu was easily the WR% leader back then.

Dishonorable mention for the performance of Mahan and Minsk, the standout bottom feeders among all the Destroyers this event.

Indianapolis finally gives up her crown as the worst Tier VII Ranked Ship.  That honor now goes to New Orleans.